Self employed Net Earning for PUI

bethswannns

I heard you can add car wash.

138/month is a family plan. if you want to be more righteous, you can divide it into portions and deduction your portion.

Shmo313

This is how I calculated my NET earning for the PUI for week ending may 16 claim. Any other expenses that I missed?
You cannot deduct your maintenance and repairs, or gas costs, or any vehicle related costs, along with the standard mileage deduction. It's one or the other. The standard mileage deduction is meant to account for all vehicle expenses. this is the point of the standard mileage deduction. You can't do both. It's simply not how it works. I suggest you see a tax accountant or do some research.

Gung-Ho

You cannot deduct your maintenance and repairs, or gas costs, or any vehicle related costs, along with the standard mileage deduction. It's one or the other. The standard mileage deduction is meant to account for all vehicle expenses. this is the point of the standard mileage deduction. You can't do both. It's simply not how it works. I suggest you see a tax accountant or do some research.
I have suspected for some time now that a certain number of people here( those that shall remain nameless)are deliberately puking out misinformation for their own jollys.

Nobody could be as dumb as to believe that some of the stuff that they write here is purporting to be knowledge or fact

Shmo313

I have suspected for some time now that a certain number of people here( those that shall remain nameless)are deliberately puking out misinformation for their own jollys.

Nobody could be as dumb as to believe that some of the stuff that they write here is purporting to be knowledge or fact
Yes in some cases I think you are probably right. I also think you might be giving some people too much credit. I believe some on here are just truly clueless on how things actually work or are supposed to be done. Probably a mix of both. The worst part is, most of this stuff is basic knowledge you can find with a simple search and 5 minutes of research.

Timlee252525

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok I am removing car insurance and maintenance .

bethswannns

57.5 cents per mile

Beginning January 1, 2020, the standard mileage rates for the use of a car (van, pickup or panel truck) will be: 57.5 cents per mile for business miles driven, down from 58 cents in 2019. 17 cents per mile driven for medical or moving purposes, down from 20 cents in 2019.

Your gross earning X 0.575 = your net income (type this number on the box)
Standard mileage rate is the simplest way to deduct

Timlee252525

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
57.5 cents per mile

Beginning January 1, 2020, the standard mileage rates for the use of a car (van, pickup or panel truck) will be: 57.5 cents per mile for business miles driven, down from 58 cents in 2019. 17 cents per mile driven for medical or moving purposes, down from 20 cents in 2019.

Your gross earning X 0.575 = your net income (type this number on the box)
Standard mileage rate is the simplest way to deduct
what gross earning x 0.575? Wrong!
Miles x 0.575 is the correct formula.

Gung-Ho

Have you watched any of Fox News recently?

Enough said.
I’m one of those rare enlightened individuals who watches news content from both liberal and conservative news outlets not to mention international sources and formulates an opinion on the whole.

Any drone that absorbs just one slanted view and thinks they’re woke to the facts is in my book a true idiot.

bethswannns

All mainsteam news media are garbage in my opinion. Youtube is the best source of information, imo you learn more about politics and economy from youtube than school too..

Video is 2 hours long, but this guy is smart as hell. He pointed out the exact reasons this country is economically falling apart.
Peter Schiff and Ray Dalio are the best in my book. capitalism needs big reform.

scamp

I’m one of those rare enlightened individuals who watches news content from both liberal and conservative news outlets not to mention international sources and formulates an opinion on the whole.

Any drone that absorbs just one slanted view and thinks they’re woke to the facts is in my book a true idiot.
Fox News also spent years proclaiming themselves fair and balanced.

BillyTheKidd

Fox News also spent years proclaiming themselves fair and balanced.
And CNN had Michael Avenati on countless times with wild made up stories about gang rapes.

They also had Adam Schifty and Erik (the farter) Swalwell on dozens of times over the last few years talking about Trump/Russian collusion when these 2 morons were on the House committee and heard the testimony and knew damn well there was ZERO evidence of anything of the sort.

scamp

And CNN had Michael Avenati on countless times with wild made up stories about gang rapes.

They also had Adam Schifty and Erik (the farter) Swalwell on dozens of times over the last few years talking about Trump/Russian collusion when these 2 morons were on the House committee and heard the testimony and knew damn well there was ZERO evidence of anything of the sort.
As a young female college student traumatized by personally witnessing frat guys lining up to "bang the passed out girl" I know those weren't "wild stories" but alas gang rapes were all too common in frat in parties in the 80s.

You, sir, are no longer worth my time.
Post automatically merged:

The New York Times claims "All the news that's fit to print."

Broaden your horizons and you will see forever. I claim that.
After NYT Judith Miller's debunked Iraq War reporting, I've learned to not to trust the so-called "enlightened individuals" on the Gray Lady.

Last edited:

BillyTheKidd

As a young female college student traumatized by personally witnessing frat guys lining up to "bang the passed out girl" I know those weren't "wild stories" but alas gang rapes were all too common in frat in parties in the 80s.

You, sir, are no longer worth my time.
Post automatically merged:

After NYT Judith Miller's debunked Iraq War reporting, I've learned to not to trust the so-called "enlightened individuals" on the Gray Lady.
The Swetnick story WAS made up. Avenatti claimed that Kavanaugh was part of the entourage and involved in the gangrapes. On CNN. Multiple times. CNN. CNN. CNN. All of it. All made up.