• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Self Driving cars won't work without a person in the car providing customer service.

Sly

The fantasy send the car out and it picks up and drops off passengers eventually making private ownership of vehicles obsolete. It would return to the shop once a day for a cleaning and get sent back out again.

The reality. You have to inspect the car after every trip. These people leave junk in the cars. They piss their pants and leaves puddles of pee in your seats. They leave their stuff in the car, most of which belongs in the trash can.

You can't give 5 star service without a Conductor.

June132017

Lol, people don't care it will work for the cheap skates. I guess it might not work though because the cost of a car to Uber is a hell of alot of money.

Sly

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lol, people don't care it will work for the cheap skates. I guess it might not work though because the cost of a car to Uber is a hell of alot of money.
Uber could partner with Enterprise. Or, Enterprise could steal Ubers business.

Bob Reynolds

Enterprise is the largest car rental company in the world. They didn't get there by not knowing exactly how much it costs to operate a motor vehicle.

Oh the other hand, car rental companies have been hurt by Uber/Lyft. Many customers that used to rent cars when they travel out of town now take a Uber/Lyft for a number of reasons including parking costs and the cost of renting and returning a car. Since Enterprise is the largest car rental company one would have to believe they have been affected the most.

So I do see a point in time that if self driving vehicles are ever made viable, it will be Enterprise operating those vehicles. (Not Uber or Lyft)

Reactions: Sly

New2This

Enterprise is the largest car rental company in the world. They didn't get there by not knowing exactly how much it costs to operate a motor vehicle.

Oh the other hand, car rental companies have been hurt by Uber/Lyft. Many customers that used to rent cars when they travel out of town now take a Uber/Lyft for a number of reasons including parking costs and the cost of renting and returning a car. Since Enterprise is the largest car rental company one would have to believe they have been affected the most.

So I do see a point in time that if self driving vehicles are ever made viable, it will be Enterprise operating those vehicles. (Not Uber or Lyft)
Enterprise was also smart enough to stop renting to Uber drivers.

FiftyThreeCent

The whole driverless car fantasy is a way to raise money from investors who haven't been in anything but a limo since February 82. They don't think their limo driver is a person so driverless cars seem plausible immediately.