SELECT/ XL /X/POSSIBLE BLACK

What would you buy

• Mkt cheapest 2013 White(will not be black/suv eligible) 24k

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 2014 MDX cheap(Black) will not be suv/black eligable not on list 28k to 30k

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 2015 MDX- expensive(Black) will not be suv/black eligable not on list 32k

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2016- Honda Piot-Very expensive will be Uber black/suv eligable if black suv is opened up34k

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

uber fool

Now its that time of the year when i upgrade my car and my question is newer car 2016 Honda Pilot or Older higher end car 2014 Acura Mdx/2013 Lincoln Mkt. What do the xl/select boyz think. I have narrowed it down to these rides
Disclaimer my other business requires a nice SUV to carry families out to see properties( broker)

AlphaUber

The Pilot would be the best option if you can afford it because you can accept Rides at the Airport and other XL Rides. It won't be much more than the other two in terms of gas consumption. So, in terms of your Uber Fares - you can earn more but you are also spending more.

imsam

Well. Black is probably dead or when it'll open again is unknown. Even if it opens again, its market is less than 5% of all rides. That means you'll have to do a lot of X and XL rides to help pay your car's bills. So you need to watch your gas consumption.

I used to have a 2003 pilot. When I used to do commercial cleaning business, I drove a lot and the gas alone was like $600-$800 a month. It was bad.

With uber, you gotta consider that most rides all be in city. At least 75% of your daily rides will be. So you need to look at a good city MPG.

What I recommend is look for a car that's in your budget and can take X and XL mainly. I think that two are the best markets to target reliably. Even select is hard to get more than 2 in a day.

Car wise, the pilot is great for hauling people but its gas consumption will make you cry if you do uber with it.

uber fool

The Pilot would be the best option if you can afford it because you can accept Rides at the Airport and other XL Rides. It won't be much more than the other two in terms of gas consumption. So, in terms of your Uber Fares - you can earn more but you are also spending more.
Alphauber thanks for the input now the pilot seems like a slam dunk from afar,but the problem with the pilot is cancels alot of people cancel non name brand luxury aka nissan pathfinder toyota highlander great cars but you get 2-3 select cancels daily.This is what i am struggling with

Lolinator

Alphauber thanks for the input now the pilot seems like a slam dunk from afar,but the problem with the pilot is cancels alot of people cancel non name brand luxury aka nissan pathfinder toyota highlander great cars but you get 2-3 select cancels daily.This is what i am struggling with
Lux van?

uber fool

Highlander hybrid is name of the game
You will get mad cancellations in toyota the older folks are fine,but the young people cancel anything that s not branded luxury acura lincoln bmw.Plus i have a gas 79c super supreme so that not a issue.

I gonna wait out out till a 2015 Black lincoln mkt come to market this could be awhile

MrAbduz

in all honesty, a couple of select rides here and there DO NOT justify the price tag of an suv or a compatible select car. In the end you will be driving X/pool 99% of the time and get select calls every now and then. My advice to anyone looking into select business is to stick with a car like corolla or civic and do uberX/pool

At best, buy a used minivan and do uberXL.

uber fool

in all honesty, a couple of select rides here and there DO NOT justify the price tag of an suv or a compatible select car. In the end you will be driving X/pool 99% of the time and get select calls every now and then. My advice to anyone looking into select business is to stick with a car like corolla or civic and do uberX/pool

At best, buy a used minivan and do uberXL.
And what qualifies you to give me advice, i have been doing uber since they came to town. I currently do xl select and do alot better you, and most of the know alls that post.
Now if you drive black suv select or xl please your input and thoughts are needed.X driver need not reply thanks

Last edited:

uber fool

common sense
Believe me your the last person that should be giving advice.
1.) I do not get x or pool trips period
2.) Just because you do not get select trips does not mean that i do not
3.) I am not looking into getting into to xl/select business i already drive xl/select i know when and where to get select trips all night back to back. So you should refrain from commenting on things you do not have accurate knowledge of.

imsam

You act so arrogant. You speak like you're the top of the tops here. Like the elitist. Even if you are, you should have some manner. Especially when you're looking for advice from other people. Even if someone has a good advice that could benefit you, your arrogant replies can totally cause you some good opportunities.

We are real people here.

With that said, this is my last reply here. I'll no longer advice in this thread.

Jdriver19

Hey I am in the same situation as you. Need a nice SUV as a broker. But also want x/xl/select comparability at regular gas and not having to pay premium gas.

Mazda CX-9. I bought mine after it a bumper accident was repaired. 2011 with 110k km for 13k $. The 2013 and 2014 ones are even nicer. Car is very reliable. My family has owned the 2013 since 2013 and I bought the 2011 model I use since 2016.

Also uber employee told me black is being faced out. No more black and it's going to be cancelled outright.

Goodluck

mKat

You act so arrogant. You speak like you're the top of the tops here. Like the elitist. Even if you are, you should have some manner. Especially when you're looking for advice from other people. Even if someone has a good advice that could benefit you, your arrogant replies can totally cause you some good opportunities.

We are real people here.

With that said, this is my last reply here. I'll no longer advice in this thread.
Dude. He thinks Nissan Pathfinder is a good car. Out to lunch! Hit the ignore button and don't let the ignorance enter your day.

And what qualifies you to give me advice, i have been doing uber since they came to town.

You're clearly an Uber Expert (making mamma proud). Why are you here asking Uber Questions? You're the Uber Expert! And why are you berating someone for answering your Uber Questions?

The answer starts with D and ends with K.

yurik

I strongly suggest going to greenlight Hub in (?Mississauga), and talking to (manager) (Diego) about market of Select and Black.
They actually don't sign in new drivers to allow pickup at the airport. There is waiting list. No agreement with GTAA.

Taking UberXL is for a crowd of 7 is cheaper than GO bus or UP train. Are these your customers?
I like my sport 4wd crossover, and I am sorry every day I am using ittttt for uBBBaaaaaa !:frown: