Kelton McNair

So I have a '17 4Runner. I qualify for XL and Select so I had an account created for those under my car. I know the system pretty well and was making 40$ an hour last week with all of the boosts and stuff. But now that I had this account created because of the lack of boosts, I'm struggling on what to do. I'm hardly getting rides (3 last night). I'm wanting to do XL and Select only when there aren't any boosts, so uber isn't shitting on me paying me less than a dollar per mile. But idk what is the best way to do it and the best places to drive. My normal job is 9am-9pm Sunday- Tuesday and every other Saturday. I'm 100% game to do the bar scene and those hours for the boosts and surges. But I am looking to make around 600$ a week in my off time, which I've been able to do with all the boosts about the last few weeks for me. But I need help on when and where to drive with my time for XL and Select only for like Wednesday and Thursday when there aren't boosts for me to take advantage of. I do the red rocks scene, bars, events, etc... but I need help outside of that. Wednesday and Thursday XL & Select times and areas, DF destinations (assuming airport, have seen people making 200$- 500$ in a few hours from that). Currently sitting downtown with XL and Select on with nothing for 3 hours. Was I'm englewood the previous 2 hours.

I work in Lakewood, so I drive the 4 miles to red rocks every night I get off work so I have that going for me I guess. But I need more than that.

Also is it worth going to boulder? I got a 2.0 boost up there last week for 50$, but went online with uber and lyft for 30 minutes with nothing, In the deadhead back to Denver it finally started surging, left at 1:30 am.

Urban Uber

So I have a '17 4Runner. I qualify for XL and Select so I had an account created for those under my car. I know the system pretty well and was making 40$ an hour last week with all of the boosts and stuff. But now that I had this account created because of the lack of boosts, I'm struggling on what to do. I'm hardly getting rides (3 last night). I'm wanting to do XL and Select only when there aren't any boosts, so uber isn't shitting on me paying me less than a dollar per mile. But idk what is the best way to do it and the best places to drive. My normal job is 9am-9pm Sunday- Tuesday and every other Saturday. I'm 100% game to do the bar scene and those hours for the boosts and surges. But I am looking to make around 600$ a week in my off time, which I've been able to do with all the boosts about the last few weeks for me. But I need help on when and where to drive with my time for XL and Select only for like Wednesday and Thursday when there aren't boosts for me to take advantage of. I do the red rocks scene, bars, events, etc... but I need help outside of that. Wednesday and Thursday XL & Select times and areas, DF destinations (assuming airport, have seen people making 200$- 500$ in a few hours from that). Currently sitting downtown with XL and Select on with nothing for 3 hours. Was I'm englewood the previous 2 hours.

I work in Lakewood, so I drive the 4 miles to red rocks every night I get off work so I have that going for me I guess. But I need more than that.

Also is it worth going to boulder? I got a 2.0 boost up there last week for 50$, but went online with uber and lyft for 30 minutes with nothing, In the deadhead back to Denver it finally started surging, left at 1:30 am.
Boy.. your asking a lot of Uber... based on your availability with your full time job... there is not much time left for Uber with the profiles you have....do you have an account profile for X, XL and Select and a separate one for XL and Select... you can log in with all 3 and screen the X trips by seeing the pick up address.,. Or ignore the X requests till you get what your looking for. The early morning DIA trips pre-8am might be worth trying from a good spot downtown. There is no such thing as XL in Boulder. The kids will pay for an X and cram 5-6 kids into a Hyundai...

Kelton McNair

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have a full 15 days of availability every month, and at 12-16 hours a day that's more than most people doing uber full time so. And I'm fine to work everyday, plus the 2-4 hours I work everyday I do my other job. It is really shitty not working Sunday though, I left work sick one day, and did uber the rest of the day and made nearly 300$ in like 200 miles. I have a profile that is Pool, X, XL, and select ( with pool I just turn off incoming requests unless it's surging a lot), and then a profile that is XL and Select only. Oh yeah I figured, I had an X trip last weekend, 9 @@@@ers get in my car, like what the @@@@ were you gonna do if a Prius showed up?

But more so I'm just trying to figure out where and when Xl and Select will get me a lot of business so that I can do not that when there are not boosts I can take advantage of. Mornings, before work or after work? And where and when on my days off at any time?

KevRyde

I do the red rocks scene, bars, events, etc... but I need help outside of that. Wednesday and Thursday XL & Select times and areas, DF destinations (assuming airport, have seen people making 200$- 500$ in a few hours from that).
The folks you need to be asking are those "people" making $200 to $500 in "a few hours".
But more so I'm just trying to figure out where and when Xl and Select will get me a lot of business so that I can do not that when there are not boosts I can take advantage of. Mornings, before work or after work? And where and when on my days off at any time?
Let us know when you figure that out!

Think of this as similar to sales; no two days are the same. There are no places where you can go and - for lack of a better word - 'guarantee' those results.

If there were such places, you still wouldn't hit those marks because every other Uber driver would already be in that area.

My humble two cents. Stay safe everyone and happy motoring! :smiles:

Archie Nelson

You can read what see here. And put that to use with what you know. And come up with your own way of playing this game. It helps.

Kelton

Hahahah i have read through the forums all the way back like 40 pages, all of the great posts and replies from you all. I suppose i need to just discover spots, routes, majorily to get xl and select rides back and forth to the airport. If anyone has any suggestions or guides id be very grateful if you wanted to pm me hahah! Maybe even buy you lunch! Ummm but i seem to do pretty good, but i need to just make as much money as i can in the next few week and am looking for xl/select times and general locations for good trips. i always seem to leave an area right before it begins to surge, and never get any airport rides from south east denver sadly. I have done pretty well, like yesterday 200 miles and 11 hours for 440$. but that requires me staying up until 4 am.

The moment you realize you started the thread with one account, and are replying with another.

Daisey77

Hahahah i have read through the forums all the way back like 40 pages, all of the great posts and replies from you all. I suppose i need to just discover spots, routes, majorily to get xl and select rides back and forth to the airport. If anyone has any suggestions or guides id be very grateful if you wanted to pm me hahah! Maybe even buy you lunch! Ummm but i seem to do pretty good, but i need to just make as much money as i can in the next few week and am looking for xl/select times and general locations for good trips. i always seem to leave an area right before it begins to surge, and never get any airport rides from south east denver sadly. I have done pretty well, like yesterday 200 miles and 11 hours for 440$. but that requires me staying up until 4 am.

The moment you realize you started the thread with one account, and are replying with another.
it's all just the luck of the draw. it sounds like you're doing pretty well without our suggestions, though . So . . . just keep doing what you're doing?

Urban Uber

There is NO master plan. By demographics south east denver could have less DIA trip needs thus less Uber DIA requests. As stated before your full time hours limit your availability for AM airport trips. It's typically slow for DIA after lunch since hotels have mandatory check out times The number of red- eye flights out of DIA is so few you might get a couple once in awhile for Uber but good luck with that plan. Since your working 6 1/2 days a week with long hours and your trying to DRIVE long hours it could be an issue for safety to your riders at some point. Just keep strategizing like your doing. Good luck.

Last edited:

UberDez

I guess that could pay off if I needed a long nap and got a nice run to Fort Collins......
Majority of Select rides end up going downtown or Centennial , occasionally Boulder . My Father got a Lyft Premier ride from DIA to Colorado Springs not too long ago . Just beware of the XL rides going to GVR or Stapleton

KungFuPanda

How much can one expect to get out of a select trip to Boulder? Centennial? On average how many XL/Select cars per move through the queue in peak/off peak times? I busted/kissed much ass the past few days to break 25 trips and keep a 5.0 rating, no more uber until I can go in Wednesday and get me profiles set up.

UberDez

How much can one expect to get out of a select trip to Boulder? Centennial? On average how many XL/Select cars per move through the queue in peak/off peak times? I busted/kissed much ass the past few days to break 25 trips and keep a 5.0 rating, no more uber until I can go in Wednesday and get me profiles set up.
Select DIA to Boulder is about $75-80 after deducting tolls . Downtown is $45-$60 net

Urban Uber

Download the Uber rider app and play around with the picknup and drop off locations. See the quoted prices for X. XL. Select and Black. Based on how long you've been a driver you can do the high school math to figure out how much you would earn +- tolls to boulder or centennial. But if your sitting at the TNC lot for 3 hours you've got the time for the math homework. I would NEVER dead head to DIA to sit in that lot for Select. Strategize how to get a Select trip to DIA and than get a X re-match trip out and back to your sweet spot for XL or Select.

Archie Nelson

I myself have always wondered how long it would take to get an xl only out of dia. But I sometimes stay if the air is low. And I have done my proper airport research for that day and time frame. If I have t done all those things I won't stay because I typically get stuck there awhile.

I myself have always wondered how long it would take to get an xl only out of dia. But I sometimes stay if the air is low. And I have done my proper airport research for that day and time frame. If I have t done all those things I won't stay because I typically get stuck there awhile.
I'm curious what research you do. The airline schedule isn't difficult to figure out. You can physically see the aircraft landing. Is there something unique you do to determine the likelihood of an XL ride?