Select/Premier/XL/Plus 9pm to 6am demand

PlatinumRSS

Does anyone only do Select/Premier/XL/Plus and drive at night full time in the Denver metro area?

I am considering buying a used 2010 - 2012 GMC Yukon around $21,000 to drive Select/Premier/XL/Plus maybe LUX if its 2011 or 2012 and some regular pings on the right surge percentage.

Is there enough pings for those types of services during 9pm to 6am Tuesday-Sunday in Downtown/Highlands to make $800 a week or so after commission?

I need some statistics on that please. Any info would be helpful.

UberDez

Does anyone only do Select/Premier/XL/Plus and drive at night full time in the Denver metro area?

I am considering buying a used 2010 - 2012 GMC Yukon around $21,000 to drive Select/Premier/XL/Plus maybe LUX if its 2011 or 2012 and some regular pings on the right surge percentage.

Is there enough pings for those types of services during 9pm to 6am Tuesday-Sunday in Downtown/Highlands to make $800 a week or so after commission?

I need some statistics on that please. Any info would be helpful.
I almost never work night but the last couple times I left my other job early and did lyft uber xl/sel/plus only I had non stopped pings from 8pm to 11pm including a few surge xl and plus rides

My issue is they're always shorter rides and usually a bit more high maintenance and annoying

UberDez

I still havent gotten a select ping, i know its active i can call myself. :frown:
From my recent strategy of being logged into X/Select/XL that in estimate you'll get request in the following

100 Requests

90 UberX Requests
6 Uber Select Requests
4 UberXL Requests

I've noticed I usually have to ignore around 9 X requests before I get a Select or XL request and that's working mornings where Select requests are pretty solid

Stanley B

This is just my opinion, but anyone looking to Uber/Lyft full time and needing to buy a car should only buy the cheapest XL/Plus vehicle they can find. I do Uber Select, XL, and X, and Lyft Plus and Lyft (my vehicle does not qualify for Lyft Premier), and I still make the most money on a weekly basis in this order....Uber X (mostly surge rates), Lyft (mostly prime time rates), Uber XL, Lyft Plus, and lastly, Select. In fact, I almost never take Select requests late nights. You can make the most money in the shortest amount of time driving Uber or Lyft if your are willing to drive late nights and early mornings Friday, Saturday, and Sunday only, even more than airport only trips. I am perfectly happy driving drunks around at $3 to $4 a mile, which you can often do late nights if you have an XL/Plus type vehicle. I personally would never recommend buying a $20k+ plus vehicle for this. The real key though is to know where to pickup for your highest probability of long surge trips, and that takes time to figure out. I only drive those 3 days now late nights, and average about $1200+ per week in 25 to 30 hours. You have to be very selective on which trips to accept. Both Uber and Lyft will send you many requests that are not surge priced or outside surge zones late night, so you have to let many requests go by to get the 1 high surge. The real high price demand is 1 to 4 am on weekends, which is why Uber frequently offers 1.7 to 2x boosts during those times on weekends, and that includes XL trips.

PlatinumRSS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Stanley what ride you got?

And does anyone get enough or make enough on XL/Plus requests alone to make up for a slightly more expensive vehicle and worse mileage versus just buying a 35+mpg car?

And thank you everyone for the advice!

UberDez

Stanley what ride you got?

And does anyone get enough or make enough on XL/Plus requests alone to make up for a slightly more expensive vehicle and worse mileage versus just buying a 35+mpg car?

And thank you everyone for the advice!
With the cost of fuel being as low as it is , yes I make way more doing XL and Select then if I was driving in a prius. I've been seeing around 23 mpg in my Explorer lately . So it cost me roughly 9 cents a mile in gasoline compared to 6 cents a mile in a car that gets 35 mpg . I usually put 2500-3000 miles on my car a month (I also have a 50 mile round trip commute 6 days a week) so figuring driving 3000 miles a month I only spend an extra $90 a month on gas . Or about $22 a week , the extra tips I get driving a bigger nicer car makes up for the extra gas used easily

Frontier Guy

Early AM is a good time to drive if your body can take the lack of sleep, Sat. and Sun. I often start by 2:30 am and sign out by 10 am, mix of airport and randoms. Sometimes those randoms are better than the airports. Not uncommon to get a suburb to So. side of town, or someone that lives up north going to work down south. I think the best pax are the strippers going home, between 4:30 am and 5: 30am (you have to be in the right place to get these) or the "drive of shame" 20 somethings. Last week I had one lady from Shotguns 3 mornings, $7.00 fare, $5.00 tip.

PlatinumRSS

How has everyone's experience with XL and PLUS requests been? Having 6 people or 5 people at once, is it worth it? And do you get a good amount of requests during 9pm - 6am on weekdays or weekends?

THE REAL DEBATE. Buy extremely efficient car and just do base requests and penny pinch or buy nicer car/suv thats eligible for premium requests?

At the end of the day which really makes more? I usually drive 10pm-6am every weekend and some weekdays.

Archie Nelson

How has everyone's experience with XL and PLUS requests been? Having 6 people or 5 people at once, is it worth it? And do you get a good amount of requests during 9pm - 6am on weekdays or weekends?

THE REAL DEBATE. Buy extremely efficient car and just do base requests and penny pinch or buy nicer car/suv thats eligible for premium requests?

At the end of the day which really makes more? I usually drive 10pm-6am every weekend and some weekdays.

IMO it makes sense to be able to drive on as many platforms. As possible with both companies as well

PlatinumRSS

The demand part is concerning to say the least. I cannot doing regular lyft and uber x 80 percent of the time in my 20k suv. UNLESS they are on a 3X surge at least. Can select/premier/lux/xl/plus keep me busy 80 percent of the time late night/early morning? Thats the question...

Archie Nelson

Depending on the days. Friday Saturday and some Sunday's yeah. Everyone night of the week, it might be a crap shoot. I like my SUV come winter when the prius's can't come out and play. He'll I like it in the summer when I doing Airport runs.

PlatinumRSS

Yeah I thought of that too. Do you usually pass up regular pings for something better ? And what type of suv you got?

I had a driver a few months back who worked 8pm to about 6am. Hated traffic, and he told me even weeknights he stays busy, and of course can keep moving. Said around 4-5 he does a couple airport runs before going home.

Would be brutal for me, but for him it was perfect.

Daisey77

I had a driver a few months back who worked 8pm to about 6am. Hated traffic, and he told me even weeknights he stays busy, and of course can keep moving. Said around 4-5 he does a couple airport runs before going home.

Would be brutal for me, but for him it was perfect.
That's pretty much what I do. except I usually end up getting out a little later and stop a little earlier LOL there are many times I do go until 6 but usually 4 or 5