Seen the new email from Uber?

AvengingxxAngel

The upgrades they've made are good for drivers

The flexibility you asked for

This year, thousands of driver-partners have shared their feedback with us online, at partner roundtables, in focus groups, at events and at Greenlight Hubs. While you've said that you love being your own boss, you've also told us there's much more to be done to improve the driving experience. We agree. That's why we're pleased to share the ways the App is being improved to help you make the most of your time on the road.

LEARN MORE

Wait time fees

It's frustrating to be kept waiting, so we've introduced wait time fees. After you've been waiting for a rider for 2 minutes, a per-minute wait time fee will be charged to them. Then, after you've been waiting for 5 minutes, you can choose to cancel the trip or continue to wait.

LEARN MORE❯

The 'no thanks' button

You've always been free to choose the trips you want, but waiting up to 20 seconds for a request to timeout can be stressful. The new 'no thanks' button allows you to easily decline trips.

LEARN MORE❯

Long trip notifications

Many driver-partners go online to make extra money between other commitments, so long trips can throw out your schedule. Now, you'll get a heads up if a trip is estimated to be longer than usual, so you have the information you need to only choose the trips that work for you.

LEARN MORE❯

Trip Preferences

You've told us flexibility is one of the main reasons you drive using the Uber app, and we know sometimes you'd prefer to receive only one type of trip request. With this in mind, we'll soon be introducing the trip type filter, so you can easily choose which trip requests you receive any time - just toggle on (or off) any trip types you are eligible for.

LEARN MORE❯

This is only the beginning
While we trust these changes will improve your time out on the road, we know there is still more to do. Please stay tuned - there are more changes to come.

Mr.Gomo

Looks good,

Curious how much $ per minute the wait time is charged at.. and obviously if we cancel after 5 minutes we don't get wait time + Cancel fee

Bandy

Hahaha, the bottom line remains the same. They can do whatever they want to the app, the only thing that counts is the rates...

Looks good,

Curious how much $ per minute the wait time is charged at.. and obviously if we cancel after 5 minutes we don't get wait time + Cancel fee
it will be 50 cents or something like that, enough to tip you into the next tax bracket...:confused:

QLDUberDriver

Could be a US-only thing. If we ignored 2 or 3 consecutive pings they used to make us sit on the naughty step for anything up to half an hour in an attempt to punish us.
Over a year ago I coppped a time out for not accepting 3 jobs in a row. I think it lasted 5 mins, I cant remember. They where low rated pax so not interested in dealing with the secret UberCrap rider match.

flinchy

Yesterday I got 3 trips that said "long trip 30+ min"

Today I got a 41min ping and no warning

They already disabled it???

Could be a US-only thing. If we ignored 2 or 3 consecutive pings they used to make us sit on the naughty step for anything up to half an hour in an attempt to punish us.
That stopped a while ago, you just get sent offline but can go back online straight away now

QLDUberDriver

Pax will just cancel while you're sitting in the driveway before 2 minutes is up. Pax need to be banned from cancelling upon arrival.
You still have to wait for 5 mins anyway it states: A cancellation fee will still only be charged after you’ve waited for at least 5 minutes.

So if they still have up to 4:59 to cancel without paying? Uber has always been great at playing with wording in all their promos.

AvengingxxAngel

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think the waiting per minute is 30c, going from a trip I did tonight.

Cancellation is still $6 even if you wait longer, so you don't get a waiting fee on top of cancellation

Pax will just complain & get it back :cool:
Complain that they took too long and it's not fair? Well, I suppose it wouldn't be a surprise.

A passenger tonight had the pick up point on a road that I know has no where to stop, therefore I'd have to stop on the actual road for pick up, I parked across the road at a loading zone, I text twice telling the passenger where I was, and asked nicely for him to walk over, I also rang twice, went to voicemail. Never showed up and I sat there for around 8 mins total. The passenger was literally across the road going by the ping. Didn't show even after all the attempts I made.
I try to steer clear of charging cancel fees, but will if I've tried everything and the passenger still doesn't show up.

Last edited:

Nawdy

Cancellation is still $6 even if you wait longer, so you don't get a waiting fee on top of cancellation

Complain that they took too long and it's not fair? Well, I suppose it wouldn't be a surprise.

A passenger tonight had the pick up point on a road that I know has no where to stop, therefore I'd have to stop on the actual road and for pick up, I parked across the road at a loading zone, I text twice telling the passenger where I was, and asked nicely for him to walk over, I also rang twice, went to voicemail. Never showed up and I sat there for around 8 mins total. The passenger was literally across the road going by the ping. Didn't show even after all the attempts I made.
I try to steer clear of charging cancel fees, but will if I've tried everything and the passenger still doesn't show up.
Happens all the time ... I call once and if they don't answer wait the 5 mins ... I then cancel the ride move away and when I get a chance select the cancelled trip go to help -> select a complaint about the rider and ask to be unpaired from them ... That rider cant do it to me again and I get to keep the cancel crappy fee that doesn't cover the cost of time and effort to get that dumb arse rider ... You still lose but you wont get them again.

QLDUberDriver

Happens all the time ... I call once and if they don't answer wait the 5 mins ... I then cancel the ride move away and when I get a chance select the cancelled trip go to help -> select a complaint about the rider and ask to be unpaired from them ... That rider cant do it to me again and I get to keep the cancel crappy fee that doesn't cover the cost of time and effort to get that dumb arse rider ... You still lose but you wont get them again.
There is no excuse with all the cars available almost within a block distance, to not be ready or be out within that time.

A passenger tonight had the pick up point on a road that I know has no where to stop, therefore I'd have to stop on the actual road and for pick up, I parked across the road at a loading zone, I text twice telling the passenger where I was, and asked nicely for him to walk over, I also rang twice, went to voicemail. Never showed up and I sat there for around 8 mins total. The passenger was literally across the road going by the ping. Didn't show even after all the attempts I made.
Uber will not penalize you for getting the cancellation fee. If the rider is not there or ready, one call & or text is sufficient of an effort. If you don't make them accountable for their actions they will keep doing it to others who are relying on this more seriously as an income.

Most passengers have become arrogant with this sort of behavior now that its the simple cheap service.