• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

seems like quite Saturday night

biozon

Well, makes sense to me.

Isn't everybody gone out of town for a long weekend as usual? Even people that actually live out of town (like in Richmond hill) in huge detached houses with huge backyards still rush out of town every time they get a chance. This seems to be some kind of a weird tradition for Toronto.

Weekend Warrior

It was definitely slower than I'm used to on a Saturday, but I haven't been out in over a month. I drove from 9pm until 1am. No surges, and lots of short rides, with less than 7 minutes between pings. Total was 11 rides for a gross of ~$100. Works out to about $67 after SRF and commissions. Not terrible for 4 hours, but hardly worth it driving my Q5. The only reason I was out was because Uber offered me a $50 incentive to complete 10 rides before Sept. 10. I won't be back out until I get another incentive :smiles:

Myxx

Uber offered me their $30.00per hour guarantee last night so I milked it for what it's worth 9pm-3am :smiles:

Diamond

Hmm.. I wonder how Uber chooses partners for guarantees and incentives. Was never offered either, yet I've been driving full time for a month.

Weekend Warrior

If you've been driving full time for the past month, you're likely not going to be offered any incentives. It's called an 'incentive' for a reason :smiles:

Diamond

Hahaa :smiles: You're right. What about the guarantee? My rating is currently 4.85, I thought this wasn't so bad...

PoorBasterd

Last night (Labour Day early morning) was quite busy for me. I assumed that since today was a public holiday, the Drinker's Brigade would be out in force downtown. I was right!

Myxx

Guess, it's better than nothing

9/5/15 Sat 9pm-3am $30.00/hr - you were online 4.43 hours, which entitles you to a minimum of $132.90 in gross fares. Since you only made $103.10 (gross), we added $23.84 (net) to your payment statement.

Weekend Warrior

Were you offline for 1.57 hours, or did you just round off the start/finish times? I'm still waiting to hear about my incentive payment ($50) for clearing my 10 rides on Saturday.