1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

seems like quite Saturday night

Discussion in 'Toronto' started by Moe2015, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Moe2015

Moe2015

Didn't start driving, but it seems very quite. No surges even in downtown. Just a bit of yellow zones.

Diamond likes this.
  2. Diamond

Diamond

I think this has been the quietest day since I started driving full time, a month ago...

Moe2015 likes this.
  3. zauber99

zauber99

Driving:
    UberX
    Very slow for me. Went back home.

Moe2015 likes this.
  4. Well, makes sense to me.

Isn't everybody gone out of town for a long weekend as usual? Even people that actually live out of town (like in Richmond hill) in huge detached houses with huge backyards still rush out of town every time they get a chance. This seems to be some kind of a weird tradition for Toronto.

TwoFiddyMile and Moe2015 like this.
  5. inpool

inpool

terrible no biz 2nite

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
    Moe2015 likes this.
  6. Babonk

Babonk

Slower uptown as well

7. Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    It was definitely slower than I'm used to on a Saturday, but I haven't been out in over a month. I drove from 9pm until 1am. No surges, and lots of short rides, with less than 7 minutes between pings. Total was 11 rides for a gross of ~$100. Works out to about $67 after SRF and commissions. Not terrible for 4 hours, but hardly worth it driving my Q5. The only reason I was out was because Uber offered me a $50 incentive to complete 10 rides before Sept. 10. I won't be back out until I get another incentive :)

Moe2015 likes this.
  8. PinkYetti

PinkYetti

Driving:
    UberX
    It'd been dead here in Barrie, nothing for the last 3 days

9. Myxx

Myxx

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Uber offered me their $30.00per hour guarantee last night so I milked it for what it's worth 9pm-3am :)

Moe2015 likes this.
  10. Moe2015

Moe2015

Perfect night for the Guarantee

11. Diamond

Diamond

Hmm.. I wonder how Uber chooses partners for guarantees and incentives. Was never offered either, yet I've been driving full time for a month.

12. kwzombie

kwzombie

High star rating/newb ('feeding'), nicer car than average?

Diamond likes this.
  13. Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    If you've been driving full time for the past month, you're likely not going to be offered any incentives. It's called an 'incentive' for a reason :)

Diamond likes this.
  14. Diamond

Diamond

Hahaa :) You're right. What about the guarantee? My rating is currently 4.85, I thought this wasn't so bad...

15. momo14

momo14

i got offered, my rating is 4.67 after 750 rides. i usually drive 6 to 7 hours per day.

16. Last night (Labour Day early morning) was quite busy for me. I assumed that since today was a public holiday, the Drinker's Brigade would be out in force downtown. I was right!

17. Myxx

Myxx

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Guess, it's better than nothing

9/5/15 Sat 9pm-3am $30.00/hr - you were online 4.43 hours, which entitles you to a minimum of $132.90 in gross fares. Since you only made $103.10 (gross), we added $23.84 (net) to your payment statement.

18. Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Were you offline for 1.57 hours, or did you just round off the start/finish times? I'm still waiting to hear about my incentive payment ($50) for clearing my 10 rides on Saturday.

19. Dugman

Dugman

Saturday was real quiet downtown. I scrubbed the operation by 9 as I was sitting 15 mins no ping in the core.

FunemployedDriver likes this.
  20. Hi I drive in Barrie too.
    I stayed online from 9pm to 1am Saturday evening but only two rides and another cancellation so no incentive !!

PinkYetti likes this.