Seek website

Pp23

If your that desperate for cash and need a job asap ,there's plenty of minimum wage jobs going around like maccas, domino's if u wanna drive your car lol. All paying more than this shitty organization called uber.

If u can afford and wait 3 weeks to get the lic, rego/plates then use some common sense and look for proper employment even if it means you can't have it easy sitting in your car all-day driving scum around who don't tip and pretty much support modern day slavery etc.

Use your brains ,it's not even worth ubering part time anymore since that other criminal organization wants there gst income tax now.

UberPig

Scum because they don't tip??
ATO is a criminal organization??
Would you like flies with that??

Pp23

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would much rather Sam from uber not call me up every Wednesday trying to get me driving again. If I hanged up on u twice it means deactivate my acc already @@@@@es.

TrexG

If your that desperate for cash and need a job asap ,there's plenty of minimum wage jobs going around like maccas, domino's if u wanna drive your car lol. All paying more than this shitty organization called uber.

If u can afford and wait 3 weeks to get the lic, rego/plates then use some common sense and look for proper employment even if it means you can't have it easy sitting in your car all-day driving scum around who don't tip and pretty much support modern day slavery etc.

Use your brains ,it's not even worth ubering part time anymore since that other criminal organization wants there gst income tax now.
You're out. What's your problem? You've got million dollars too, are you feeling lonely not driving uber anymore so you need others to drop out with you hahahaha?

It is pretty shitty. That's because people wanna do it full time and crazy hours. If it wasn't like that and everyone did it the actual way the bloody name suggests 'ridesharing' there would be a lot more jobs going around and a hell of a lot more surges.

Pp23

You're out. What's your problem? You've got million dollars too, are you feeling lonely not driving uber anymore so you need others to drop out with you hahahaha?

It is pretty shitty. That's because people wanna do it full time and crazy hours. If it wasn't like that and everyone did it the actual way the bloody name suggests 'ridesharing' there would be a lot more jobs going around and a hell of a lot more surges.
Millions of dollars yeah right ,if that was the case I would of invested some of it in an even better ride sharing app ,which looks after its drivers.

But in saying all this I'm still doing ok,can't complain, just feel sorry for these drivers who listen to ubers lies.(I was one) I hate uber now , want to see them leave the market.

Pp23

And how else is the country supposed to run? Its not the ato. Its the government needs to rein in spending.
Happy to pay the tax , but why not reduce the taxes depending on the industry u work in, why should u work your asses off for a half decent wage until the @@@@ing gov comes along and takes a massive @@@@off portion to support the unemployed @@@@wits down the road selling Meth on the side.

whocareaboutPAX

Stop whinging
This. $1 a km for a hobby isn't even that bad.....
THe only thing wrong with pricing is the fact they don't pay tax on the 20% (or that we dont get input credit) & the minium fare should be $8

All a bunch of sooks. Dont like it dont drive. Nobody is asking you too.

HumungousDill

This. $1 a km for a hobby isn't even that bad.....
Disagree.... It's too low. At 1$/km the margin is too small regardless of whether it's just a hobby or your means of survival. Currently after deductions one is left with peanuts and a trashed car. Uber are laughing all the way to the bank.
Repeat : The margin is too small.

Last edited:

Pp23

Its a hobby, a part time gig. Not something you should do full time. $1 is plenty.
LMFAO and this is coming from Mr cancellations only to re accept a cancelled trip cause fare rate was shit.

Doing all those stupid weekend hours has probably made u see the light and now u shall be called icareaboutpax :smiles:
I bet you have your water and mints all stocked up now for your beloved pax hehe

XLperth

Drove just over 6.5 hours on the weekend (Sat night from 5pm - 7,30, then 8.30pm - 10pm and Sunday from 11am - 1.30. Worked out at $61.00 per hour. Now this was a pretty good weekend, but most weekends I average around $45.00 per hour. I Spent $33.40 on fuel. Yes there will be GST, and yes there is income tax. It has taken about 5 months to work out the best places to "start" my night, and the best places to go back to so you don't get stuck in the city. 60% of my rides are uber XL (they take 28% of XL rides). Do I think Uber are fair of give a rats about drivers? no way. Do I think rides will pay more for Uber? YES! Some of these silly people jump in a Uber at a 2.7 surge time when there is a taxi right next to them, and pay more than double the cost of the taxi (some of these silly people are my friends). Uber run this business for Uber...it took me all of one email to them asking questions to work that out :smiles:

I do my best to go offline by 10 - 10.30pm at the latest. Cleaning vomit out of my car is something I got pretty tired of after the second time. I would show pics, but really...some of you might be eating :smiles:

Potsy

Drove just over 6.5 hours on the weekend (Sat night from 5pm - 7,30, then 8.30pm - 10pm and Sunday from 11am - 1.30. Worked out at $61.00 per hour. Now this was a pretty good weekend, but most weekends I average around $45.00 per hour. I Spent $33.40 on fuel. Yes there will be GST, and yes there is income tax. It has taken about 5 months to work out the best places to "start" my night, and the best places to go back to so you don't get stuck in the city. 60% of my rides are uber XL (they take 28% of XL rides). Do I think Uber are fair of give a rats about drivers? no way. Do I think rides will pay more for Uber? YES! Some of these silly people jump in a Uber at a 2.7 surge time when there is a taxi right next to them, and pay more than double the cost of the taxi (some of these silly people are my friends). Uber run this business for Uber...it took me all of one email to them asking questions to work that out :smiles:

I do my best to go offline by 10 - 10.30pm at the latest. Cleaning vomit out of my car is something I got pretty tired of after the second time. I would show pics, but really...some of you might be eating :smiles:
So if 60% of your rides were XL then the other 40% were uberx which you were doing in an expensive SUV and I doubt you could make a profit from those jobs. Be careful how you crunch your numbers.