• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

security - for the Partner & the PAX

lgc252

... what is the general concensus on security and safety? I carry a fillet knife that I am sure I would never use - unless really threatened.

... what about MACE / Pepper Spray?

UberPartnerDennis

... what is the general concensus on security and safety? I carry a fillet knife that I am sure I would never use - unless really threatened.

I carry Pepper Spray and a tazer, both put in different parts of the vehicle for access and multiple units of it. They are never within reach of passengers and I can easily deploy them as needed. Make sure you rotate your pepper spray out of service every 6 months to maintain maximum effectiveness...that stuff does break down and coagulate over time

wk1102

The thing about pepper spray is if you use it in your car, you at not be able to drive away, then you'd be stuck with the person you sprayed.

5 Star Guy

I never get what people anticipate happening to them? Is there a certain pax, race or something or just some random crazy person where they have their account information?

nickd8775

Don't use pepper spray in the car. Your car will be out of service for hours. In fact, I'd suggest having someone pepper spray you so that you know how it feels.
Carry a knife in your pocket.
Memorize the locations of the police stations in your city and nearby areas.