Secret LAX pickup

Bobby Flay

Hello all,
Ive been driving for about two or three months now and just hit my 500th ride. As part of my celebration I want to share with you all a tip for picking up passengers at LAX.

There is a road on 96th street where you will get ping requests from the airport. This will me much more effective and time efficient than waiting in the lot.

I'm sharing this info with you all because I believe this forum is meant to help each other. I'm not concerned with the overpopulation of the street or the chance that uber could "fix" it. I'm only concerned with my fellow uber drivers general well being and happiness.

Giving this tip is also part of an experiment to prove to this forum that you have zero influence on the relationship between the drivers of uber, the pricing, the surge, everything. You are few they are many. We need to stick together and any talk of strike is ludicrous because there aren't enough drivers on this forum to matter.

We shall see if there are more drivers on 96th street and if it becomes oversaturated. Good luck.

Best,
Bobby Flay
P.S. Cook on

tohunt4me

Hello all,
Ive been driving for about two or three months now and just hit my 500th ride. As part of my celebration I want to share with you all a tip for picking up passengers at LAX.

There is a road on 96th street where you will get ping requests from the airport. This will me much more effective and time efficient than waiting in the lot.

I'm sharing this info with you all because I believe this forum is meant to help each other. I'm not concerned with the overpopulation of the street or the chance that uber could "fix" it. I'm only concerned with my fellow uber drivers general well being and happiness.

Giving this tip is also part of an experiment to prove to this forum that you have zero influence on the relationship between the drivers of uber, the pricing, the surge, everything. You are few they are many. We need to stick together and any talk of strike is ludicrous because there aren't enough drivers on this forum to matter.

We shall see if there are more drivers on 96th street and if it becomes oversaturated. Good luck.

Best,
Bobby Flay
P.S. Cook on
The tow trucks will be there tomorrow.

bgftp29

Was at SNA/JWA this weekend. Stopped at the IHOP to take a leak. There's a huge parking lot. A lot of people park and wait for trips. Saw a police officer going up and down every aisle. Decided to leave before he made it down my aisle. Not sure if this is a new thing to keep us out or what. Anyone know more??

Joe123456

Hello all,

Best,
Bobby Flay
P.S. Cook on
Thanks Bobby

Ketofats

appreciate your help. what i have gathered is that there is what everyone calls here a "pig pen" and if i am not mistaken that is the designated staging area for uber and lyft. this "box" is located between westchester parkway/96th street and sepulveda/jenny.

And actually i believe you don't need to be on 96th st to get a point, you can actually be in between westchester parkway and 98th street would you believe and in between sepulveda and bellanca avenue.

There is a burger king within these dimensions but the people here in this forum has basically said you won't get a ping if you stay there.

Moral of the story is stay out of the "pig pen" and burger king but stay in the box in between sepulveda slash sepulveda eastway and bellanca to the sides and north south between westchester parkway and w 98th street.

Bobby Flay

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
exactly my point. so if "everyone" already knows this than 96th street should be overpopulated with cars. The term "everyone", I'm assuming is a majority of people on this board.

Since the "pig pen" is constantly full of uber drivers, that confirms my theory that their are many many more drivers who don't read this forum.

Therefore, all the posters on this forum who believe that by hiding information from others will somehow change the outcome of the working relationship between uber drivers and LA riders on a massive scale or even in the slightest, are dead wrong. Please share your earnings, secrets and tips. There is no reason to have secrets.

WMUber

exactly my point. so if "everyone" already knows this than 96th street should be overpopulated with cars. The term "everyone", I'm assuming is a majority of people on this board.

Since the "pig pen" is constantly full of uber drivers, that confirms my theory that their are many many more drivers who don't read this forum.

Therefore, all the posters on this forum who believe that by hiding information from others will somehow change the outcome of the working relationship between uber drivers and LA riders on a massive scale or even in the slightest, are dead wrong. Please share your earnings, secrets and tips. There is no reason to have secrets.
LAX is not a barometer for all of Los Angeles. Believe me, if you post in this forum or in a Facebook group a honey hole, then in about two weeks you will have 20 drivers hanging out there.

Last edited:

UberIsAllFubared

View attachment 50637
Don't ask. this is not me. Enjoy

I would much rather go to the pig pen (at certain hours, not saturday at 8pm) and sit there for 20 minutes not using gas, than drive around and around for 20 minutes. In other words, I keep my costs as low as possible.

RacerX

Hello all,

Best,
Bobby Flay
P.S. Cook on

Bobby, It's not a secret.If you go to ubers website http://losangeles.ubermovement.com/airports/ (You can see the Map here)
you will see that Uber created a geofence "assignment area" that encompasses the staging lot (pigpen) and some other streets around LAX. Since day one any driver could get pings from anywhere within this area. There are so many new drivers and drivers that don't bother reading stuff that information gets mixed up when passing from one driver to another. The pigpen is just a free parking area that many use to socialize, complain about crap, clean windows and use the disgusting toilets when you really have to go. Burger king is within the assignment area and many drivers used to just park there to use their bathroom until burger king told Uber to put a stop to it because their lot was always full with drivers. I use the streets you mentioned frequently but also go to pigpen to just talk with other drivers to see whats going on in their world.

Also be warned... parking on those side streets alone at night you are taking on more risk. There is a bad element of people that roam those streets and it's much safer to be in the pigpen area with more drivers around. I had a incident already at night where this guy wanted to fight me. He snuck up behind my prius and banged on my window on passenger side. I rolled down and said what you need. He started yelling all crazy like and told me to get out so he could f me up. He was mentally ill homeless guy. I said, ok...I'll get out give me a sec. he backed away a few feet and I drove off and went to pigpen. he chased after me for about 20 steps.

Adieu

Was at SNA/JWA this weekend. Stopped at the IHOP to take a leak. There's a huge parking lot. A lot of people park and wait for trips. Saw a police officer going up and down every aisle. Decided to leave before he made it down my aisle. Not sure if this is a new thing to keep us out or what. Anyone know more??
He was looking for me cuz I peed in the dumpster on camera (mirrored shades/ball cap/don't care had to go baaaaaaad)

....anyway where IS the legal legit SNAlot anyway???

Adieu

God damn it I thought I was the only one on 96th. Now where would I go.. I don't even know where the pig pen is!
If seeking sleep or companionship, dial 512 Jenny

PS that sarcastic advice WILL actually get you what you seek (unless its Select or Premier rides...then not so much)

uberist

When I drop off at lax I always go to BK use the head and buy a drink almost everytime I'm in queue and head to the pen I get ping'd for a pick up before I get there.

UberLaLa

The problem with your theory BF is that you think it takes a lot of drivers to ruin a Honey Hole....