1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Second Quest completed on a row !!!!!

Discussion in 'Toronto' started by TinoC, Aug 12, 2018 at 8:44 PM.

1. TinoC

TinoC Member

Hi fellow drivers;

I have achieved my second Quest on a row. It was a grind, given that I did it in 6 days (my first Quest was done in 7 days). Definitely, it's a demanding task, I couldn't do ANYTHING else but drive, eat and sleep, perhaps check the news on TV 1 hour a day. I took Monday off as it was a civic holiday, but I don't think I will attempt Quest in 6 days.
    I received Quest this morning for the following 2 weeks with MAYOR changes to its payout structure and duration, it has been "watered-down" to 120 trips and $ 400.00 ..... interesting....
    Happy Questing !!!!
    quest2.JPG questpayout.JPG

Torontofishingdude likes this.
  2. Glovl

Glovl Well-Known Member

131 rides for Uber
    55 rides for Lyft

Lolinator likes this.
  3. Retox

Retox Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I wish I knew how to trigger these, I've always been doing a very healthy amount of trips per week but never got a quest.

Edit: forgot to say congrats and well done sir

4. Speedy_Gonzales

Speedy_Gonzales Active Member

I respect your hustle. But I made $1800 with 45 trips and no quest. But, you are the perfect driver for uber, 98% acceptance should be admired from all uber execs, they are doing something right, that’s for sure.

UberFunk and Lolinator like this.
  5. bandit13

bandit13 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Where are you driving for Only 45 Trips / $ 1,800 ?? How many hours / days ? No surges or boosts ?

Drive Lyft too ?

6. Speedy_Gonzales

Lyft and uber 50%. Only surge. Mostly evening rush hour and club nights. All Toronto. Acceptance rate is 40%. I have Monday mornings off for my day job and uber the morning rush, but the evening rush is where the money is at. 45hours per week online. To be fair I do have a select and I get about 5 per week of average $50 ride.

Lolinator likes this.
  7. bandit13

bandit13 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Define ALL Toronto. Downtown ?

Where are you driving 45 trips for $ 1,800 ?

What car do you drive. Select, SUV ?

Lyft wont let you get away with 40% acceptance !

Evening Rush = rush hour ? Sit in traffic with Upfront fares. Don't make money driving 30mins for a 10 minute trip in downtown Toronto. No one is making $ 40 hr in downtown traffic / trips.

8. Speedy_Gonzales

Lyft hasn’t deactivated me. I’m sitting at 37% with lyft and 42% uber. Yes select I drive a Volt. Great car! I know where to park. I am mostly downtown. Target hotels and mostly tourists in the summer time. My tip percentage is about 7% of my income. For every $100 I make about $7 tips. I don’t accept union station pings but I accept royal across the street. I do what I have to do. I cancel quite a bit as I get flat tires often ;)

Glovl likes this.
  9. bandit13

bandit13 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You drive Select. You can't compare Select to Uber X. Two Extirely different Worlds. Your base price starts at $ 5.00 Not $ 2.50.

Do you have a 40hr week job if you are online 45 hrs per week ? Are you driving 45 hrs OR just have app on ? Big difference.

What is your Acceptance Rate with Lyft ? They don't allow same cancel rate as Uber.

10. Speedy_Gonzales

I gave u all the details in previous messages, but you seem to skim through my post and want me to repeat myself. About 5 selects per week, which equals about $250. I work full time other job, 40 hours and I uber for 45 hours per week which pays more than my full time job. I only need 5 to 6 hours sleep per day. The rest I work and if I have any free time I linknup with my mistress LolinatorLolinator and keepnselect only while with her. Wife has no idea. With lyft I just tap arrived and see if I like where their going, if I don’t I cancel. Owner operator for life. I get warning but that’s all it is, all bark no bite

Lolinator likes this.
  11. Kevthegrad

Kevthegrad Well-Known Member

Very impressive congratulations. I am also quite annoyed that I do not get offered any quests and it makes me have a poor taste in my mouth about Uber like so many other issues with them

Kurt Halfyard likes this.
  12. bandit13

bandit13 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Why do you get flat tires with a Volt ?

Better watch you rating with Lyft. Once you get deactivated with Lyft you are off the platform for good.

Why is a Volt a Select verses other SUVs stuck as a Uber X ??

So do you have a regular 40hr job per week along with your Uber driving ?

13. dmoney155

dmoney155 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Yes they will. I had mine drop to 30% at one point and nothing happens... .except for annoying messages that my rate is low.
    But speedy is right about being selective. Sometimes better to sit it out than being stuck in heavy traffic. I find myself quite often turning the app off, or simply cancelling ride if traffic bad (meaning it would take more than 10 mins) to get to pax.

Speedy_Gonzales likes this.
  14. Actionjax

Actionjax Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberLUX
    Im in the dealership right now getting a tire replaced. Something about these green tires that don't hold up like regular tires. Both Sidewall blowouts. 2 in 2 years. Both front right side.

So ya I get flat tires as well with my Volt.

Volt qualifies as select for the premier model. Green light has inspected and approved. Probably because it's electric so it equates in their mind as premium as the sticker price is $52K

Speedy_Gonzales likes this.
  15. Lolinator

Lolinator Well-Known Member

Gonzo is loso fo duh donaro

16. Kurt Halfyard

Kurt Halfyard Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Somebody get LYFT on the horn, I want VOLT put up to their select platform! (I have a Premier Trim, 2017).

Thus far, I've only gotten one flat tire, and that was by running over a pretty impressive metal dowel-pin in an IKEA parkinglot in winter.
    Green (Low Rolling Resistance) tires don't have as long a life in terms of kms, but they are way cheaper than performance tires. I used to get my Prius tires for $45 each at Costco when they had deals on.

Lolinator likes this.
  17. Lolinator

Lolinator Well-Known Member

$45???? Wow

18. Gone_in_60_seconds

Gone_in_60_seconds Well-Known Member

$45 /tire is the deal of the century! :cool::cool:

Lolinator likes this.
  19. bandit13

bandit13 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Lo
    Willing to show your $ 1,800 statement like TinoC did ?

Lolinator likes this.
  20. TinoC

TinoC Member

That's great Speedy.... I try to accept as many rides as possible, but I guess I could be more selective. I'm still fine-tuning my strategy as I'm still new to this ridesharing gig. I have so far around 2200 trips, only with UberX. Deja a lolinator tranquila, esa jeva se la da de misteriosa ;) ;)