• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Seattle "just got lucky"..Detroit didnt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbyk5487

It'll keep this short and to the point....I always knew uber great American price cuts had a element of racism...especially when I saw the chocolate city had been cut down to 23 cents a mile....but tonight I got confirmation....while all these places with let's say a "diverse" pool of uber drivers were cut down to slave wages nearly 4 years ago...one of the most non chocolate cities in the country Seattle suffered NO PRICE CUT AT ALL...and still get paid very close to the original rate which is well over a dollar per mile....meanwhile in my city we get 60 cents a mile some other cities gets 40 cents a mile...i guess the good folks in Seattle just got lucky.....

Bobbyk5487

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You mean to tell us that there are U/L drivers in Detroit, that’s like playing Russian roulette with a fully loaded gun.
And get paid the less....it was a well kept secret that Seattle never got a price cut

Bobbyk5487

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dear Seattle drivers,

When your price cut suddenly comes, probably within the next month, you know who to thank.

Bobbyk5487
You have a Jim crow mind of evil....you feel some one asking for equality mean they want to take from ones benefiting from the inequality....thats not the case at all....i would just love for uber to pay everyone what they pay the other city....ohh but then too many of US would be making too much money
Post automatically merged:

Dear Seattle drivers,

When your price cut suddenly comes, probably within the next month, you know who to thank.

Bobbyk5487
It hasn't come in 4 years...i think their privilege is solidified

SEAL Team 5

You have a Jim crow mind of evil....you feel some one asking for equality mean they want to take from ones benefiting from the inequality....thats not the case at all....i would just love for uber to pay everyone what they pay the vanilla city....
Well, I can tell that you don't have a business mind and that you're full of resentment and hate. The main factor in the disparity of drivers pay is that the rider rate in Detroit is much cheaper than the rider rate in Seattle. It has nothing to do with race demographics. It has everything to do with economics. Would it be fair if the white riders in Seattle claimed race favoritism and said that Uber was unfairly overcharging them because they're "vanilla"? Stop playing the race card.

It's just business economics. Why is a one bedroom old apartment in the financial district of Manhattan $3,000/month yet the exact same apartment in St. Louis is $600/month?

Believe it or not I was just thumbing through The Washington Post (a very liberal media source) and came across this story. It fits this thread perfectly however according to your rationalization this is considered "Reverse Racism".

music festival charged white people double. Then the backlash started.

By Antonia Noori Farzan
Should white people pay a premium to attend an Afrofuturist music festival in a historically black Detroit neighborhood?
To the organizers of the upcoming Afrofuture Fest, the answer was clear: Yes, they absolutely should. Too often, they saw people of color getting shut out of events in their own communities because they didn’t have the resources to snag tickets the moment they went on sale. That didn’t seem right.

Last edited:

The Gift of Fish

2010 US Census Data

Whites (non-Hispanic) as a percentage of total population:

Seattle: 66.3%
Metro Detroit: 70.1%

So..... the Detroit Metropolitan area (not just Detroit City but the area that corresponds to Uber's Detroit area where the extreme pay cuts were) is more "vanilla" than Seattle. Imagine that. Bigger pay cuts in the more "vanilla" area.

Last edited:

zeroperminute

This what they make in Seattle...ten mile trip they get 15 dollar in my area I get 7 dollar for a 10 mile trip...😕
then why are you doing a $7 trip?

cancel let next driver your competition lose money on it & give the rider a worse experience

if someone hits you & you stay around you must like getting hit you told the app please sir can i have another so it pisses all over you just like you asked

you don't have to work for free

ps
less than $8-10 gross is free
lol

Michael1230nj

A progressive City. The home of Starbucks. The population will not allow the downtrodden to be “Ubered”.

Dear Seattle drivers,

Bobbyk5487
Doggerel. Long time no see. Hope you are well.

Ssgcraig

It'll keep this short and to the point....I always knew uber great American price cuts had a element of racism...especially when I saw the chocolate city had been cut down to 23 cents a mile....but tonight I got confirmation....while all these places with let's say a "diverse" pool of uber drivers were cut down to slave wages nearly 4 years ago...one of the most non chocolate cities in the country Seattle suffered NO PRICE CUT AT ALL...and still get paid very close to the original rate which is well over a dollar per mile....meanwhile in my city we get 60 cents a mile some other cities gets 40 cents a mile...i guess the good folks in Seattle just got lucky.....
This statement is racist. You are just one of the many that keep the hate alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.