SD vs. SF fares

Ubering

Hey SD,

Just wanted to see how SD demand matches up with San Fran.

For those that drive at least part time to full time per week, with bonuses, guaranttee hours, etc.. how much can you make on avg. in a week?

In SF, full time, 35+ hours a week, you can make $1500-2000. This includes weekly incentives and guarantee hour pay.

Just curious to see how other cities in CA are doing.

Last edited:

NCRBILL

Hey SD,

For those that drive at least part time to full time per week, with bonuses, guaranttee hours, etc.. how much can you make on avg. in a week?

In SF, full time, 35+ hours a week, you can make $1500-2000. This includes weekly incentives and guarantee hour pay.

You really need to state what you drive. $1500 in SD running X is not happening in 35 hours

San Diego X

So take home is $3000-$4000/month. All relative. Can't survive off that income in SF when median rents are $4500+/month in the city. 1980 median price was approximately $1300 in today's dollars.
Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 7.43.02 AM.png

Ubering

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
$3-4k/month refering to SD?

Do you drive more on a full time basis?

I do UberX/Pool rides.

Yes its expensive here that is why most drivers live outside the city.

San Diego X

$3-4k/month refering to SD?

Do you drive more on a full time basis?

I do UberX/Pool rides.

Yes its expensive here that is why most drivers live outside the city.
The 3-4k/month was coming from the OP. I drive PT and target $1000/month, but I think some FT drivers in SD are clearing $4000/month as well. Probably working 45 hours/week though because our incentives are almost non-existent.

Ubering

Thanks for the feedback. What is 'OP?'

Its the incentives in SF that really make the difference. If it was straight up fares it would not be worth it to drive here. SF streets are so bad and choppy, not smooth at all. Lots of construction going on.

I was thinking about moving to SD, that is why I was asking.

What about at the airport, do you have to go outside the airport and wait for a ping/passenger, or can get one once you drop off a pax?

In SF, you have to go to an outside lot about 2 miles away to wait.

REX HAVOC

Thanks for the feedback. What is 'OP?'

Its the incentives in SF that really make the difference. If it was straight up fares it would not be worth it to drive here. SF streets are so bad and choppy, not smooth at all. Lots of construction going on.

I was thinking about moving to SD, that is why I was asking.

What about at the airport, do you have to go outside the airport and wait for a ping/passenger, or can get one once you drop off a pax?

In SF, you have to go to an outside lot about 2 miles away to wait.
Yes, but how long will these incentives last. I worked in SF last night from 5-7 to get the $40/hr. incentives and there were so many drivers out on the street I barely made 2 rides per hour to qualify.

Ubering

1-2 weeks.

Normally here more full time is 120-135 rides a week.

Bill Feit

Hey SD,

I might believe you if you posted a couple pay statements but that will only reflect your time with PAX.

Ubernic

Bill, I had a guy on Uber X show me his phone. He drives here in SD and I saw his net pay of $1100-$1500 for the last few weeks. His trip count was insane, he said he just stays online and takes everything that comes his way. In SF the market is even better than ours, I believe the OP.

NCRBILL

Bill, I had a guy on Uber X show me his phone. He drives here in SD and I saw his net pay of $1100-$1500 for the last few weeks. His trip count was insane, he said he just stays online and takes everything that comes his way. In SF the market is even better than ours, I believe the OP.
You can't really use the past few weeks since we had big events and holidays. Let's talk about regular driving like now.