1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Screwy Ping Of The Day...

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by Fewber, May 19, 2017 at 7:20 PM.

1. Fewber

Fewber New Member

So today I get a ping. It initially shows distance of 3.3 miles to pickup. So I accept. It shows the pickup at NJTP I95 after accepting the ping, and when I hit GPS to see where the pin is actually dropped, it is indeed literally on the NJTP, and the mileage to the pickup goes from 3.3 miles to 17 miles!! I thought maybe a GPS error. So I call the pax, he tells me he is one of the service areas on the NJTP. I asked him to cancel, which he did after I explained the mileage discrepancy that occurred from the initial ping to after the acceptance of the ping. The real kicker here is I would have to probably eat the toll, because I would have had to pass the tollbooth as I entered the NJTP before I picked him up. From looking at the cancel locations, the whole trip would have only been about 15 miles paid to the driver (not counting the 15 miles to go get the pax in the first place). I might like to add that this is not the first time a mileage discrepancy has occurred from being pinged to actual ping acceptance.

Have any of you other drivers had an issue such as this... A discrepancy between the miles in the initial ping and the miles after accepting the ping?

2. Trafficat

Trafficat Well-Known Member

Last night I had a discrepancy in my favor when a Lyft ping said it was 18 minutes away but it flopped to 7 minutes as soon as I got on the highway.