Screen burn-in

Anyone else seeing this on their phones? I am starting to see Google Maps on mine. Faint but noticeable.

ACHUMA

Yup, after 2 years this has happened on my phone. The box across the bottom and the 3 circles in upper right corner from Google Maps.

Right, but I'm only 5 months in, not 2 years. It's most noticeable on the Scheduled Rides screen that's mainly white. Not much of a deal yet, but still annoying.

ACHUMA

Get yourself one of these to avoid this problem.

UberDeath

I better look into this as i have the note 5 and never had any burn in, but i am planning to pick up the note 8. I wonder if this has something to do with the edge screen which the note 8 will have as well

iPHX

What are you guys using CRT or plasma displays? Modern LED displays are rated over 100,000 hours - which is over 11 freaking years. When's the last time any of you have had a phone - let alone any device longer than that? One exemption would be the indestructible Nokia 8210.

The Gift of Fish

What are you guys using CRT or plasma displays? Modern LED displays are rated over 100,000 hours - which is over 11 freaking years. When's the last time any of you have had a phone - let alone any device longer than that? One exemption would be the indestructible Nokia 8210.
These phones have OLED displays. O for organic content which eventually breaks down and results in screen burn.

Tysmith95

All samsungs and the new Iphone X have OLED displays. Many other phones also have these screens. They have battery life and screen quality benefits over LCD's, however if you have a static image for a very long time (basically only uber drivers) it'll eventually get some burn in.

It helps if you turn down the brightness when you can.

At this point it's not a big issue on my phone, but I imagine it may get worse.

My brightness is set to auto-adjust.

cc1727

I had a Galaxy S7 edge and it burned in google maps buttons and the top bar of uber app after just 3 months. It was so bad that I could see it on any light color background (not just white). My phone looked almost as bad as some of the demo phones at the store that have the demo page burned into the screen. I usually uber 8-10hours/day so that’s not “normal” usage for a phone but uber is not a “normal” job. I have an iPhone 7+ now with the old fashioned LCD and no burn in. I’m thinking now to get an iPhone X since I am enrolled in Apple upgrade program. The program comes with AppleCare in all devices but I’m not sure if Apple will replace burn in as they have already made a statement saying to expect some burn in.

cc1727

So, did you get the iPhone X? Any issue with burn in the screen?
I did get the iPhone X. Then I traded it in for a Note 8 for the larger display and S Pen. I've owned the Note 8 for 2 months now and Note 8 has no burn in yet with GPS and Uber running for 8+ hours daily. So far better than my S7 Edge.

Kingmob

Anyone else seeing this on their phones? I am starting to see Google Maps on mine. Faint but noticeable.
Try making your background completely white...with all your apps not on the main page this at least will even it all out....might take 6 months though...just a theory. (this is not a joke...the white is what burned into your screen)

JustGoThere

Excellent! I figured they learned from older S7 Edge's, how to avoid screen burn on an OLED - but just wanted to check. Thank you!

FXService

I did get the iPhone X. Then I traded it in for a Note 8 for the larger display and S Pen. I've owned the Note 8 for 2 months now and Note 8 has no burn in yet with GPS and Uber running for 8+ hours daily. So far better than my S7 Edge.

Just a heads up IPhone X has a 17 hour burn in time. So if you leave uber on basically all the time it will burn in. And I forgot the burn in time on s7 edge as that's my work phone too. But my today's earnings bok is burned in from going to sleep and leaving uber on with Black/SUV only selected. (Use to do this because I'd get the early am calls to the airport). I wouldn't dare use my note 8 for this job. Just run a tablet.

cc1727

I better look into this as i have the note 5 and never had any burn in, but i am planning to pick up the note 8. I wonder if this has something to do with the edge screen which the note 8 will have as well
My Note 8 has pretty significant burn-in now from only 4 months - at 2 months was no sign of burn-in... I am a full-time driver. My S7 Edge burned in around 3/4 months as well. I had an iPhone X for 1 week...so no comment on burn-in for that device. But it is a fact that all OLED panels suffer from burn-in eventually. The most common burn-in I always have in Google Maps. White bar at the bottom and then the buttons on the side...