• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Scranton

RCatman23

Hey, just signed up for this site today. I Uber in the Scranton/Wilkes Barre area. By my estimate there are at least 50 and probably more in the area but a lot of them are weekend warriors I think.

Donsinger

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am hoping to be approved by the weekend. I have been waiting about 3 weeks now
Great!! Its a good way to make a few extra bucks. There a a lot of people in our area that do not have money for a car, but still need to get around. You do need to exercise a little patience with them, and not let the small stuff piss you off ( making you wait a minute or two, telling you to go a different way than what the GPS is indicating...)

AmishGuy

As of right now I have my full time job and work weekend nights. So my plan is to drive Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday anytime. And Fridays until about 6pm.

With those days what should I expect? Or tip on when to be our those days?

Donsinger

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thursday and friday nights are good because of the college kids going to bars.

I can't understand your last sentence.

AmishGuy

Last question is simply put, what times are best to be out on my available days?

For example are mornings afternoons or nights better weekdays.

AmishGuy

Thanks. I am still waiting for approval. Which I am starting to wonder if they are actually stalling. But from all the research I have done tells me they want to flood drivers in the market. And nothing on a background check should not have to take so long

But I did get word that my 04 Durango will be uberxl.

skitty54

I drive in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. It actually sucks cause I live 25 minutes north of Montrose, and while Uber is "Available" in the area, I wont get a ping unless I take the 60 minute drive to WB. I'm only 4 miles away from the NY/PA border, and I work in Binghamton, so I'm kinda waiting out until I can just drive in NY.

UberDad2009

I drive in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. It actually sucks cause I live 25 minutes north of Montrose, and while Uber is "Available" in the area, I wont get a ping unless I take the 60 minute drive to WB. I'm only 4 miles away from the NY/PA border, and I work in Binghamton, so I'm kinda waiting out until I can just drive in NY.
You should be good to drive in NY state. Contact Uber to change your city.

Liparalegal65

Are there other drivers in the Scranton/NEPA/Poconos area?
Yes myself 1 yr
Post automatically merged:

We need 1 more driver to get Scranton in the Northeast section...got a flat tonight with uber rider inside...had to end call she called another uber..brand new tires 2 wks old!!!

We need 1 more driver to get Scranton in the Northeast section...got a flat tonight with uber rider inside...had to end call she called another uber..brand new tires 2 wks old!!!
So according to Penn Dot, The Lyft Amp is illegal in Pennsylvania.
I see all the lyft driver having them in scranton...i dont want it anyway stickers are fine

Last edited:

UberDad2009

Yes myself 1 yr

I see all the lyft driver having them in scranton...i dont want it anyway stickers are fine
They changed the law in April and the amp is ok because it is given to you by Lyft. Only company issued light up signs are legal in PA now