Score

FLKeys

First off surges in my area are extremely rare. Since the sticky surge started I have never received a surge ride that started in a surge zone. All rides started well after the surge is off the map and I only get the sticky amount. Side note this past New Years Eve resulted in no Surge rides do to driver saturation.

Last night after I drop a PAX off I find myself sitting in a Surge zone with $1.50 sticky. I don't typically drive around looking for work so I park and sit right in the middle of the zone. After about 10 minutes it jumps up to a $6.25 surge. Within a minute I get a ping, a comfort ride. I accept, it is very close by less that 1/2 a mile, still in the surge area on the map. Thinking to myself cool this is the first ping I ever got that is in a surge zone since they started the sticky surge.

I get there and at that point I notice it is a scheduled trip and I'm thinking damn I'm not going to get the surge.

Do the trip, and I immediately look to see what the PAX paid and what I got paid for the surge.

PAX paid regular price plus they had a $10.00 off promotion. They ended up paying $16.40. If I try to book the same trip right now with no surge it is within $1 of what they paid before the coupon. So they did not pay any surge.

I got paid $31.66 for the trip including a $5 tip. Uber lost $16.26 on this trip. My Surge portion was $15.38 clearly more than the $6.25 surge I had on the app.

So I got paid more than the sticky amount on a scheduled ride. I was surprised to see this after reading so many threads saying riders paid surge and drivers did not get any extra. Also the rider did not pay any surge so really confused that I got paid above the $6.25 surge.

Also within a few seconds of me accepted the ping the surge map that I had up on my tablet immediately went away. I keep my tablet open with Uber on it to use as a reference. I can see surge while on a trip, I can see if a PAX left a tip before I rate, etc.

TheDevilisaParttimer

First off surges in my area are extremely rare. Since the sticky surge started I have never received a surge ride that started in a surge zone. All rides started well after the surge is off the map and I only get the sticky amount. Side note this past New Years Eve resulted in no Surge rides do to driver saturation.

Last night after I drop a PAX off I find myself sitting in a Surge zone with $1.50 sticky. I don't typically drive around looking for work so I park and sit right in the middle of the zone. After about 10 minutes it jumps up to a $6.25 surge. Within a minute I get a ping, a comfort ride. I accept, it is very close by less that 1/2 a mile, still in the surge area on the map. Thinking to myself cool this is the first ping I ever got that is in a surge zone since they started the sticky surge.

I get there and at that point I notice it is a scheduled trip and I'm thinking damn I'm not going to get the surge.

Do the trip, and I immediately look to see what the PAX paid and what I got paid for the surge.

PAX paid regular price plus they had a $10.00 off promotion. They ended up paying $16.40. If I try to book the same trip right now with no surge it is within $1 of what they paid before the coupon. So they did not pay any surge.

I got paid $31.66 for the trip including a $5 tip. Uber lost $16.26 on this trip. My Surge portion was $15.38 clearly more than the $6.25 surge I had on the app.

So I got paid more than the sticky amount on a scheduled ride. I was surprised to see this after reading so many threads saying riders paid surge and drivers did not get any extra. Also the rider did not pay any surge so really confused that I got paid above the $6.25 surge.

Also within a few seconds of me accepted the ping the surge map that I had up on my tablet immediately went away. I keep my tablet open with Uber on it to use as a reference. I can see surge while on a trip, I can see if a PAX left a tip before I rate, etc.
I think the problem child is Lyft in regards to surge theft.