• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Scooter rider in critical condition after being hit by a Lyft driver

Headline title somewhat misleading; made it sound like the Lyft driver was at fault. But after I read the story, I learned the scooter rider (on a Lime scooter no less) was traveling the wrong way at 1:00 AM in the morning.
Never a shortage of idiots.
And driving a car from Hyre to do Lyft... but wasn't on a Lyft ride... but had a paying passenger. Hmmmm... insurance is going to take a minute to sort this one out.

travis bickel

One day while stopped at the light rail crossing with a couple in the car 2 of those Damm things appeared out of nowhere, one had a couple on it. all 3 people had keg cups in hand. Both go down. I could clearly see the look of terror on the girl's face as she more or less supermaned over the hood of my car. No damage to my car but the the poor girls knee sounded like a hard ball hitting concrete. There every where I. Charlotte.

peteyvavs

One day while stopped at the light rail crossing with a couple in the car 2 of those Damm things appeared out of nowhere, one had a couple on it. all 3 people had keg cups in hand. Both go down. I could clearly see the look of terror on the girl's face as she more or less supermaned over the hood of my car. No damage to my car but the the poor girls knee sounded like a hard ball hitting concrete. There every where I. Charlotte.
We have to invest in plaques saying you won the Darwin Award

Rosalita

Anyone dumb enough to ride a scooter in the street...
Post automatically merged:

No kidding!!!! I had one zoom right in front of me. Came from behind a parked truck and didn’t look before zipping out onto the street. Thankfully I have quick reactions or he would have been going to the hospital.

I don't worry about quick reactions anymore. lol

If it's in the street it needs to be registered, tagged, insured, and the person on it over the age of 16.

Ubermcbc

I don't know what it is about these scooters that causes people's brains to stop working, but this is becoming a serious problem around here. Whenever I am working the late night pick up shift in Downtown Dallas, I will always see drunk Frat Boys riding scooters poorly. Like riding a scooter down the middle of a major three-lane thoroughfare like they are some kind of car. Or just randomly jetting out into the street with no regard to any other moving Vehicles, traffic signals, or anything.
I have seen twice incidents in downtown Dallas. One on akard and main street, someone on the scooter fell on the side curb in the running traffic. Another one, on commerce street on the center lane right in front of me. I have seen one time in the day around noon one idiot driving in the wrong direction pass me on commerce street in downtown and was driving at least 30 mph. Scare the hell out of me. When i was driving for guber, i cut down my hours atleast half in those area because of the scooters. It was already bad because people who don't drive regularly in those area make constant mistake by driving in the wrong direction plus pedestrians think they have a right to walk anywhere anytime without following any rules. The electric scooters have made it worse.

Last edited:

part-timer

This is gonna sound mean, but this needs to happen a lot more. Maybe these idiots will learn to ride a damn scooter. I have no sympathy for them. We have these fools swerving in and out of traffic like getting hit by a car doesn't hurt. So many accidents caused by them, people trying to dodge them and end up hitting another car. Don't dodge em, hit em head on I say.

This was 100% avoidable, but this scooter rider was asking for trouble.
And lucky him, he found it.

Jay Dean

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Actually, there's nothing wrong with these scooters. They embody natural selection at its finest.
Yeah well he died, show some respect.

Hope everyone is aware on the road, this is dangerous stuff and being arrogant is just that, arrogant and evil.

part-timer

Scooter riders need to show respect. What about the person who swerves to miss some @@@@@@@ looking at his phone while lurching into traffic? T have seen this happen MANY times, no fatalities YET. And the @@@@@@ on the scooter never even looked up from his phone. If you are too dumb to not text and ride a damned scooter in traffic, then that is just the herd being thinned of weak individuals, and I say good riddance to them.

Woohaa

Scooter riders need to show respect. What about the person who swerves to miss some @@@@@@@ looking at his phone while lurching into traffic? T have seen this happen MANY times, no fatalities YET. And the @@@@@@ on the scooter never even looked up from his phone. If you are too dumb to not text and ride a damned scooter in traffic, then that is just the herd being thinned of weak individuals, and I say good riddance to them.
Fairly certain you would have posted something much different had that been a family member or close friend.