Scheduled Rides on Lyft, getting other rides (unwanted)

twoner3232

So I like the scheduled rides feature on Lyft. It tells me where the passenger is going (in theory). TWICE today when I log into the app at the time Lyft tells me to for my scheduled rides, it pings me to places other then the schedule ride, I don't want these so I don't take them, making my ride pick % go down....I wait for the scheduled ride and it happens again...ping to a place 19 mins away when I am like 3 mins from the scheduled picked up.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks

Immortal

I had the same thing occur. Was way out west of Minnetonka and there was a fare scheduled that showed $35-$42 close to where I was so I accepted it as it was coming up within 45 mins. When it got time to log on, I got sent 3 other pings that were not that ride. Finally the scheduled trip appeared and I started to make my way towards the destination. When I got close, they PAX cancelled. So it was pretty frustrating. I did another trip and then I got a request from Uber to the same location as the scheduled pick up. Turns out it was the same group and they were going 30 miles back to St Paul so I got a bit lucky. After all that though I decided I'm not doing any more scheduled pick ups.

I've found that scheduled trips work best if I can nab one for early a.m. pickup, as a first trip of the day for me. I make a point of not logging in until about 5 minutes before Lyft says we need to be. But yeah, they might still send you requests before the scheduled ride. It's just up to you to take or not. I haven't yet had that happen to me.

What does NOT work well is to be driving normally with the app logged in from about 45 minutes early, up to almost the time you need to be logged in. First couple scheduled rides I did, I was logged in way early and the requests came in 30-40 minutes ahead of pickup. And I had to either accept at that point, or lose them. Those were shorter trips, so I let them go. Now I only grab longer trips that will pay at least $20, and are relatively convenient as to where I live and when I want to start in the morning. Right now I have 4 juicy airport runs the next 3 days, scheduled.

Don't ask me about the scheduled pickup from a couple days ago, at the AIRPORT baggage curb of all places. What a stupid thing to allow a pax to schedule.

rideshareMN

their price estimate is aggravating...I've NEVER had one pay at or above the high end of the estimate, and they frequently pay well below the low end estimate, basically a different form of bait and switch

Suremoney

their price estimate is aggravating...I've NEVER had one pay at or above the high end of the estimate, and they frequently pay well below the low end estimate, basically a different form of bait and switch

Same experience for when I've accepted scheduled rides.

On the other side, got pinged for what was actually a scheduled ride this morning around 9am from the airport to Snelling just South of the 94! Awesome.

fairsailing

Agreed on pricing. I have only used scheduled rides a few times, I have logged on a minute or two earlier than the "logged on by" time and always gotten the correct ride. I am usually pretty close to the address though when I go available.

Just had a far NE Mpls to Terminal 2 scheduled ride this afternoon, it just happened to work with my schedule. Kind of surprised it wasn't scooped up faster. They often go fast.

fairsailing

Decided to go for one of the 5am scheduled airport rides recently, more as an experiment than anything else. Hyatt downtown to the airport which at most is $16 base fare, Lyft says it's $26-$36. No PT anywhere in the city, go online at 4:30am, accept the ride, drive downtown, quick pickup, friendly guy, drop at airport for $23 with a 50% PT plus a $5 tip. Anyone else seeing hidden PT on these early morning scheduled runs?

CgaulMN

I accepted a scheduled ride and it looked like the fare was more than it should have been. I showed up to the pick up location and the client cancelled. I got a 10$ cancellation fee though.

Guys, Lyft is showing you the FULL estimated fare, not what driver might get. I never get close to anything even middle of the est range, less Lyft's cut. I really only grab longer trips now too.

fairsailing

Guys, Lyft is showing you the FULL estimated fare, not what driver might get. I never get close to anything even middle of the est range, less Lyft's cut. I really only grab longer trips now too.

Even fully loaded with the Lyft fee, the scheduled ride fee and the airport drop off fee, I can't get to their lower number at a buck a mile. I think it is just Lyft again overselling to drivers, a habit they can't seem to stop.

I def agree, they inflate the est fare range for the scheduled rides. I just ignore the higher number and figure I'll get about 75% of the lower one. And maybe a tip....

fairsailing

Wow. So I login 2 minutes before scheduled ride is due (Hyatt to MSP), pass on a ride that I would otherwise would have taken, only to find my scheduled ride is gone, no message from Lyft, nothing (it was there a minute earlier). So I write Lyft to a complain asking for a $5 comp, which they grant. But they basically said that they can give a scheduled ride of mine to any other driver for any reason they want, and I should accept the first on demand order they give me and not wait for my scheduled ride (because that is best for us, not you, implied).

But they also said they are continuing to make changes to the program. Why would anyone bother getting up and driving way earlier than normal if these are essentially meaningless from the driver side? Their opinion and treatment of drivers has hit a new low.

Last edited:

Total BS. I grab scheduled trips that are 90% + airport runs. It's the only way this function is worth screwing around with.

I've also never had Lyft send me a different trip when I login for a scheduled trip.

I gave up an airport trip for a much longer $40 scheduled trip this morning, and the a$$hat was a no show, stuck with $10 cancel instead, and airport run gone.

I slept thru my alarm on a 3am airport scheduled trip, and when I got up my OTHER 2 airport trips were gone. I'm sure Lyft took them away because I missed one, didn't release it.