Scheduled rides , how does it work ?

Joe Falcone

So i've been off for several months and coming back into action.
Don't know if scheduled rides are fully in effect and how they work for drivers ?
Any advice please ? Thanks in advance !!

Last edited by a moderator:

nm339242

As far as I can tell, they send you a request like any other and then when you get there, the passenger wonders why you're late when you knew nothing about it being scheduled

Telsa34

I've done many scheduled rides with Lyft I haven't done any with Uber nor have I seen any, the only issue with lift is you have to remember if it says a $31 fare that is before they take their cut, and a lot of times you get up at 5:30 in the morning to go pick somebody up they can cancel on you but if they do cancel on you while you're on their way there to pick them up you will get a $10 cancellation fee. Has anyone seen a scheduled pickup on Uber I drive in the Florida area

I don't think Uber gives drivers any notice whatsoever that a pickup is a scheduled one. I've never seen anything in-app to indicate one, but I've also never had an Uber pax mention that they'd scheduled it.

Lyft... their scheduled rides work best for DRIVERS if you are not online driving within the 45-60 minutes before the time they tell you that you must go online to get the request. I initially was driving normally with apps on, expecting I'd get the request fairly close to the ride time. Didn't work that way. I got pinged as much as 40 minutes prior to pickup time, and you have to accept it right then or it goes to someone else. To me, the best use of this function for us is to try to grab trips that are close to the time you plan to be starting your driving hours. I drive early a.m. and into mid day. So I try to get some early morning trips with decent fares, and plan that to start my day. I have a 4am airport trip on Friday morning, and a 5am airport trip on Saturday morning. They are a bit earlier than I usually start, but for the fares involved, no problem. It's kind of pointless to grab a scheduled trip that's in the middle of your usual driving hours, that is a $6 ride. Not worth dealing with, just take rides as they come instead. But for a juicy fare, I'd do it and just run Uber for the 45 min leading up to the time Lyft wants me online.

Do you know how to access the Lyft scheduled rides?

Reactions: MHR

Judy2017

Don't know if scheduled rides are fully in effect and how they work for drivers ?

sorry for the typo. I don't know how to edit
Uber introduced the "schedule a ride "feature for riders. I have had one where I recieved and accepted, it was 5 mins away. I soon got a call from the customer saying he scheduled the ride for 4:30pm which was 25 mins later. So I told him to cancel and request a ride maybe a bit closer to the time he wanted. He decided not to cancel so I picked him up.:-)

Joe Falcone

I don't think Uber gives drivers any notice whatsoever that a pickup is a scheduled one. I've never seen anything in-app to indicate one, but I've also never had an Uber pax mention that they'd scheduled it.

Lyft... their scheduled rides work best for DRIVERS if you are not online driving within the 45-60 minutes before the time they tell you that you must go online to get the request. I initially was driving normally with apps on, expecting I'd get the request fairly close to the ride time. Didn't work that way. I got pinged as much as 40 minutes prior to pickup time, and you have to accept it right then or it goes to someone else. To me, the best use of this function for us is to try to grab trips that are close to the time you plan to be starting your driving hours. I drive early a.m. and into mid day. So I try to get some early morning trips with decent fares, and plan that to start my day. I have a 4am airport trip on Friday morning, and a 5am airport trip on Saturday morning. They are a bit earlier than I usually start, but for the fares involved, no problem. It's kind of pointless to grab a scheduled trip that's in the middle of your usual driving hours, that is a $6 ride. Not worth dealing with, just take rides as they come instead. But for a juicy fare, I'd do it and just run Uber for the 45 min leading up to the time Lyft wants me online.

Do you know how to access the Lyft scheduled rides?

If UBER drivers dont truly know a scheduled ride ahead of time (other than 5-10 min extra) is it really a big deal ?? Maybe it helps the riders bit but surely not the drivers.

tohunt4me

Its a cheap Gimmik.
Uber pings whoevers close by at the time.
Which may be 24 minutes away.

They make the Customer believe that they are getting " special consideration".

It means Nothing.

As far as I can tell, they send you a request like any other and then when you get there, the passenger wonders why you're late when you knew nothing about it being scheduled
Yes.
The passenger wonders why you are late

Then DOWNRATES YOU because of Ubers lies.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-13-06-57-58.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-13-06-57-58.png
    86.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_2017-09-13-07-02-49.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-13-07-02-49.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 28

bobby747

my trick to lyft is to only accept rides going my way and count on them to cancel..donot drive far for the ride...its a gamble at no prime time...say i am going to CC at 5 am..if i got a fishtown to phl at 4.30 am for $28 net...no loss if they cancel as i am in fishtown.
my first was very bad phl to like horsham.
i arrive at phl for 8pm . turn app on. says i got ride..ride cancels. i get shit....never again as i was far away

I like the Lyft function that lets drivers grab a scheduled right in advance, but only for longer trips. Waste of time on shorter stuff, just take normal requests.

Gimmick, yes. I guess some pax can't remember to do a request at the time they actually need a ride, so they schedule ahead. It's for their convenience not ours.

OGT

How do scheduled rides work? Lyft gives you a list and you chose to add it to your pick ups. For example, 430am pick up from radnor to phl. So you wake up at 330am and on the road by 410am. You get the text to go online to CASH IN:smiles: So you go online and BAM......Line request 22 mins away in Norristown. WTF, Lol. These mfers, got me up 330am and give me a line 22 mins away??? You're up now and no ride to phl. So lyft got you up and on the road, what do you do? Work or go back home??? That's how scheduled rides work.

Email lyft left and ask why I didn't get the scheduled ride. They say it's not 100% you will get the ride. WTF? WHY? They say it's just that way. F scheduled rides unless it's during your normal work hours and location. Also, scheduled rides are always capped at 25% primetime when it's in a high demand area. Only idiots pick up scheduled rides at high demand events. This fooled a lot people before the primetime was showed on the request. You think you got 200% but when you end the ride it says only 25%

bobby747

Like he said basically. I only take solid ones that it's ok if I lose. As am in my location I like.. After driving to p hl. And have guy cancel on long trip... I will never again. Another flaw. Is if we take a n.j from phila...u lose bridge fare. And so many of these rides are $7. And u must wait like you are a limo....screw THAT

Lyft actually let someone schedule a pickup at the mesa airport last week, at the baggage claim curb. About $30, I took it... mistake. Lyft support told me to NOT go into the queue lot. Be online at right time but don't enter the queue. Took it because I live 10 min away.

So I'm online about 5 min from the airport. I get the Lyft text reminding to be online... and wait for the request. That never comes. At 2 min before the pickup time I get the passenger cancelled BS text. And no cancel fee!!! I went back and forth with support next morning and they conceded a $10 bonus, not a "cancel fee".

There were only 2 arrivals coming in so I had checked and both were delayed by 30 +. So I bet pax tried to cancel while in the air and it didnt process right away. Lyft blamed connectivity issues. I told them they should never allow such rides at the terminal. Drivers pay the price. Who the hell assumes an arrival will be on time????

OGT

Heres a better question. Has anyone gotten a scheduled ride request in a powerzone? If so, was the powerzone % added to the request???

Part Time AZ

Like he said basically. I only take solid ones that it's ok if I loose. As am in my location I like.. After driving to p hl. And have guy cancel on long trip... I will never again. Another flaw. Is if we take a n.j from phila...u lose bridge fare. And so many of these rides are $7. And u must wait like you are a limo....screw THAT
Some Rides are set up where you have to accept it 20 minutes before they need a ride. Even if rider is only 2 miles away. Ties up a your time and doesn't pay in the end most of the time.