scary PAX encounters

Freebyrdie

Last Friday I had taken a ride from the strip to their time share down by southpoint. I got a ping at 1:30am on the way back and went to pin. It led me to a dark and deserted office/industrial area. Not a soul in site except two guys walking around. They didn't flag me and I got a sick feeling. I got the heck out of there. I don't see any reason to pick up under those circumstances. Have you ever been threatened by a PAX or felt in fear for your safety and did not pick up rider?

BKMxl

Last Friday I had taken a ride from the strip to their time share down by southpoint. I got a ping at 1:30am on the way back and went to pin. It led me to a dark and deserted office/industrial area. Not a soul in site except two guys walking around. They didn't flag me and I got a sick feeling. I got the heck out of there. I don't see any reason to pick up under those circumstances. Have you ever been threatened by a PAX or felt in fear for your safety and did not pick up rider?
Hope you got your Cancel fee at least..:smiles:

dpthree

I've picked up drunk locals before who are open carrying. Would you feel safe in that instance? Just curious.

I've also been swung at and hit with an open water bottle by a passenger's drunk friend because I wouldn't circle back a 3rd time from UNLV to the Cromwell at 5am because the two couldn't find their drunk friend who was still in Drais. Even after telling Uber about the assault and sending pictures of the water all over my car and hoodie (this was in March I believe), they refused to do anything except for "Evaluate the rider's access to the platform".

I figure it wasn't worth my time to report it to Metro. If I tried to file a police report on a 5'0 100lb drunk female from UNLV without a name or video, who swings at me, and throws an empty water bottle through the window, they would just look at me and tell me to man up and don't waste their time.

Once, I received a pin way out in a deserted looking industrial area near MLK Blvd and it looked super sketchy out there. Turns out, it was a cab driver who's regular car broke down and he needed a ride home at 5am. Two completely different scenarios & passengers. I would always trust my gut instinct, but this is an instance when you never know who can go crazy and try to harm you, or when you could just be overthinking.

NachonCheeze

Took a guy to the middle of nowhere...desolate and nothing for miles....ended up being a station for receiving satellite signals.... I was thinking he could kill me and only fUber would know my last location. I was reassured knowing that fUber would do everything possible to at least find my dead body.

Uberx Vegas

Are you that desperate that you have to drive 1:30am? Why you don't drive day time?

Naturegirl

Are you that desperate that you have to drive 1:30am? Why you don't drive day time?
Why does someone have to be desperate to drive at night. I usually take one weekend night and drive most of the night. Usually about 8-10 hours starting around 7pm. Because that's when I make money. Then during the week I drive early in the morning so I can be home at night with my husband. Don't shame people because they don't do what you think they should! Also, I have yet to have a scary situation. I've been pretty lucky. Yes...even at night. :eek:

Uberx Vegas

Why does someone have to be desperate to drive at night. I usually take one weekend night and drive most of the night. Usually about 8-10 hours starting around 7pm. Because that's when I make money. Then during the week I drive early in the morning so I can be home at night with my husband. Don't shame people because they don't do what you think they should! Also, I have yet to have a scary situation. I've been pretty lucky. Yes...even at night. :eek:
Yes you have been lucky so far.you will have your turn..hey it's your life you drive anytime you want To DRIVE.

Last edited:

Freebyrdie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Perhaps this person also drives at night and feel threatened by anybody infringing on their territory. I can't for the life of me explain the judgement otherwise. The last impression this person has given me is of any concern for fellow human being.

Naturegirl

Perhaps this person also drives at night and feel threatened by anybody infringing on their territory. I can't for the life of me explain the judgement otherwise. The last impression this person has given me is of any concern for fellow human being.
Oh I know he was being snarky. My "concern" comment was a snark-back. lol. I say if you're making money and busy and on a roll, keep it going!

kojeislandincha

Free. Bird !! You are so Nice. oMG Soo nice. Let's face the facts you only post when it it is convenient. Ben monitoring your you times. Who R U?

CatchyMusicLover

In this summer heat, I sure as hell would much rather drive at night just to keep out of the sun.
Plus, much less traffic at 1:30am than 5:30PM, that's for sure.
Just a couple of very good reasons that don't show 'desperation'.

Freebyrdie

Free. Bird !! You are so Nice. oMG Soo nice. Let's face the facts you only post when it it is convenient. Ben monitoring your you times. Who R U?
Thank you...actually I am nice. I post when I feel like posting. I'm a normal uber driving person.....who do you think I am?

Freebyrdie

In this summer heat, I sure as hell would much rather drive at night just to keep out of the sun.
Plus, much less traffic at 1:30am than 5:30PM, that's for sure.
Just a couple of very good reasons that don't show 'desperation'.
Amen.....and that night air...it really feels good

Glasvegas

Thank you...actually I am nice. I post when I feel like posting. I'm a normal uber driving person.....who do you think I am?
Lol. Are we living in such a cynical world where being nice is seeing as weird? I can see what my kids will be going through in school with their excusemes and thank yous. You keep being nice byrdie lets be weird lol