1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Scariest thing I've seen at Greenlight

Discussion in 'Stories' started by Chauffeur_James, Jan 10, 2017.

?
  1. Yes

63.6%
  2. No

9.1%
  3. Yes with a drivers test after certain age

27.3%
  1. Chauffeur_James

Chauffeur_James Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    So today I had to go to the greenlight hub because goobers online support really sucks. There was a guy there that had to be in his late 80s signing up to drive for Uber. No no offense to the older folks on here but this guy scared the heck out of me. He was asking the front guy at the desk where his app was, and he told him that he had to go to the App Store and download it. He then asked what the App Store was. I hope he gets the activated soon before he kills somebody.

brendon292 and AuxCordBoston like this.
  2. Jufkii

Jufkii Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    And just the opposite. Earlier this year I picked up a senior high school student at his school who claimed he was an Uber driver the previous summer while school was out. Thought he was lying at first.. But he went into a lot of details about working the late night bar crowds on weekends and other Uber tidbits only a driver should know. By the end of the ride I actually believed him. Lots of people fall through the cracks and become drivers in spite of Ubers "industry leading" background checks. His story, if actually true, wouldn't be surprising in a way.

3. fickey mitz

fickey mitz New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    hey man, we're not all young guns ;)

4. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    Not to discriminate against age, but our insurance company requires a transportation medical evaluation every 2 years for drivers over the age of 60. That's the difference between Uber and professional driving services. Uber uses an insurance company that is obviously inexperienced. The minimum age is another. Every commercial insurance company I've ever dealt with has a minimum age of 25. But what the hell, to Uber it's just another driver on the road accepting pings.

5. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

It is not a good sign if uber has to give the driver a phone to drive for uber. If they do not have a smart phone, the most likely do not know how to use one.

Bean likes this.

6. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    The cab company i drive for as a policy regarding minimum age for drivers, usually it's 25 except for extraordinary circumstances. The U.S. Army had me driving M1070s and the like so i was pushed through at 21 to work as a cabbie while i was stateside.

SibeRescueBrian likes this.
  7. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

I am not sure what the law is in other markets but the only requirement for age for uber is a years of experience. Same thing with lyft. My friend that drives lyft had an issue with uber onboarding because he let his license expire and renewed it 2 days later and tried to uber and they said he was only driving for less than 6 months.

8. Jesusdrivesuber

Jesusdrivesuber Well-Known Member

The only "industry leading" uber does is on fibbing.

Jufkii likes this.
  9. yojimboguy

yojimboguy Well-Known Member

I didn't have one until I started Uber. I hated the idea of being reachable by phone ALL the time -- I still don't like it, but I've adjusted.

10. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Just because you have a phone doesn't mean you have to answer it...

dirtylee and LEAFdriver like this.
  11. Chicago-uber

Chicago-uber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    App Store? What's that? Is that next to tjmaxx? ;)

dirtylee likes this.
  12. uberhernder

uberhernder Well-Known Member

I took an Uber once, the driver must have in his 70's. Didnt have a phone holder so he was navigating with phone on his hand at the same time adjusting his eye glasses. It was only a couple of miles ride and I survived..whewww!!!.

13. mrpjfresh

mrpjfresh Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Did you catch the guy's name? Hans Moleman perhaps?
    5c44ccc21e8834ff908c0e27cbdae481.jpg S04E13_10.png

I saw a "golden girl" with her Uber sticker driving 3 singing girls a few weekends past. She looked so flustered and panicked making a turn. Lol.