• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Scared to drive thanks to Uber

7Miles

Got in my second accident while driving for rideshare. Changed too late to terminal 2 and hit the ramp/sidewalk. No money to fix car. Was gonna change the tire- didn't work. Harbor police came. Nice young lady, we started chatting , she pulled behind my car kinda apologizing, I told her I actually appreciate that - I was afraid someone would hit me. Talked a little more, I told her I am in the process to get into law enforcement too, she was very helpful, got her other buddies come to help us. And so I was at one point surrounded by three women in uniform, one of them so young and hot (she came later, just wow). The tow truck driver told me he sees a lot of young and hot women there in uniform and they actually told him they don't mind hear compliments. The tow truck driver was awesome - he talked to the dispatcher and got me to tow for free after I explain I drive for Uber and have no money. All in all it was a good step in my life even so I had to spend $500 to fix the car day later.Had to borrow from relatives. Talking to a young lady cop about Black Lives Matter (she wasn't a very big fan of them ), about the same fitness test we both had to take , Border Patrol where I had to be next morning made me feel better. The tow truck driver had one of those voices from some kind of feel-good movies too. He even waited for me.When I told him I'll take Uber home, he joked - I thought you're done with Uber ? He actually wanted to drive me close to my home.
Anyways, I am scared to drive now. Not just for hire but in general , I removed my Uber and Lyft stickers and that is it. Talked to my company where I work full time now and they are willing to make me work on my days off for time and a half. I get paid only $12/hour but on my days off it will be $18.Today was my first day like that and had to meet nice, and not very nice people. That's how it is and that is what I have to deal from now on. But Uber and Lyft, you're on my windshield no longer.
Post automatically merged:

And by the way, if you wanna know I don't wanna be in law enforcement. My wife keeps pushing me to get hired, especially Border Patrol makes her hot. I am white, she's latina/black girl, go figure. I want to be a software developer and even have some apps already on the iPhone and Android made by me that people buy every day. But she wants me to be a cop, so what the heck.And don't tell me you didn't do things to make your spouse happy. What is law enforcement? Border Patrol is honest and in the first steps of hiring asks - can you bring bad news to people? I don't wanna bring bad news to people. But I also have wife who does want me to

Last edited:

7Miles

Something from this movie?I am sorry guys I am not 100% American, wasn't born here. I see my wife watching it every year. Funny. Ok. But not too funny.
Make sure to tell your pax next time everything about you, if you do it full time or not, what else do you do so he thinks if you're 50% or 100% not smart guy and continues to assault you for the rest of the trip with personal questions. And don't be rude, driver! You know how it is with 5 stars ratings. Tough nowadays. Real hard to get $2 ride

Elpatron

Got in my second accident while driving for rideshare. Changed too late to terminal 2 and hit the ramp/sidewalk. No money to fix car. Was gonna change the tire- didn't work. Harbor police came. Nice young lady, we started chatting , she pulled behind my car kinda apologizing, I told her I actually appreciate that - I was afraid someone would hit me. Talked a little more, I told her I am in the process to get into law enforcement too, she was very helpful, got her other buddies come to help us. And so I was at one point surrounded by three women in uniform, one of them so young and hot (she came later, just wow). The tow truck driver told me he sees a lot of young and hot women there in uniform and they actually told him they don't mind hear compliments. The tow truck driver was awesome - he talked to the dispatcher and got me to tow for free after I explain I drive for Uber and have no money. All in all it was a good step in my life even so I had to spend $500 to fix the car day later.Had to borrow from relatives. Talking to a young lady cop about Black Lives Matter (she wasn't a very big fan of them ), about the same fitness test we both had to take , Border Patrol where I had to be next morning made me feel better. The tow truck driver had one of those voices from some kind of feel-good movies too. He even waited for me.When I told him I'll take Uber home, he joked - I thought you're done with Uber ? He actually wanted to drive me close to my home.
Anyways, I am scared to drive now. Not just for hire but in general , I removed my Uber and Lyft stickers and that is it. Talked to my company where I work full time now and they are willing to make me work on my days off for time and a half. I get paid only $12/hour but on my days off it will be $18.Today was my first day like that and had to meet nice, and not very nice people. That's how it is and that is what I have to deal from now on. But Uber and Lyft, you're on my windshield no longer.

And by the way, if you wanna know I don't wanna be in law enforcement. My wife keeps pushing me to get hired, especially Border Patrol makes her hot. I am white, she's latina/black girl, go figure. I want to be a software developer and even have some apps already on the iPhone and Android made by me that people buy every day. But she wants me to be a cop, so what the heck.And don't tell me you didn't do things to make your spouse happy. What is law enforcement? Border Patrol is honest and in the first steps of hiring asks - can you bring bad news to people? I don't wanna bring bad news to people. But I also have wife who does want me to
LOL!!!

LOL!!!

Boca Ratman

Got in my second accident while driving for rideshare
please tell is about the first one, please tell us.

Vegas odds

2 : 1 Swerved to avoid an animal (3.5 : 1 if the animal was a reptile)

5: 1. uber navigation had turn the wrong way on a one way street.

8 : 1. Google maps had him drive into a closed road barrier.

11 :1 Uber passenger didn't realize his navigation was not in landscape and grabbed his wheel and turned it into traffic

50 : 1. rear ended at stop light or stop sign.

Pax Collector

Damn, what a story. I got lost for a second. Hot young cops, border patrol, messed up wheels, BLM, law enforcement, scary Uber,...... Whew.

What is law enforcement? Border Patrol is honest and in the first steps of hiring asks - can you bring bad news to people? I don't wanna bring bad news to people. But I also have wife who does want me to
Lmao. Sorry, you're not cut out for the job. Go develop an app.

Don't swim in pools

Your wife sounds like a nightmare. Sorry. They are supposed to support you, not make you conform to something they want. And just so you know app development and IT in general will pay better than law enforcement without the risks and way more room for career growth. On the other side, I understand the being scared to drive. I got rearended at a stoplight 3 weeks ago. I am constantly looking in my rearview even though i know that wont help. Also, sounds like you drive terrible lol.

Transportador

OK key take aways from OP's story in case the rest of you got so damn confused:

1. He is after young, hot, female Airport cops.

2. His wife is after CBP guys (hot or not, just as long as they are in uniform busting illegals).

Happy Valentine's day everybody, LOL.