Scamming passengers

markvand

I picked up a passenger named Terez in Brightmoor Detroit area. The guy was waiting in his front window and walked out of the house before I even hit my brakes. We confirmed names and went on our way, 2 stops and a final destination which consisted of well over a 20 minute trip. After the trip, I get a "wrong passenger picked up" notification and the money is taken out of my account. I had to call uber to get my money back after this dude tried to scam the ride. This has never happened to me before, and I'd hate to see others get hit by it. It's surprising how easy it is for a passenger to take the money back without any of the driver's input. Anyone else get hit by such things?

spaceman

I picked up a passenger named Terez in Brightmoor Detroit area. The guy was waiting in his front window and walked out of the house before I even hit my brakes. We confirmed names and went on our way, 2 stops and a final destination which consisted of well over a 20 minute trip. After the trip, I get a "wrong passenger picked up" notification and the money is taken out of my account. I had to call uber to get my money back after this dude tried to scam the ride. This has never happened to me before, and I'd hate to see others get hit by it. It's surprising how easy it is for a passenger to take the money back without any of the driver's input. Anyone else get hit by such things?
That's why we stay out of the hood unless the rates are extremely high

ntcindetroit

I only had one chance of being wrongfully accused of "WRONG PASSENGER" in my short honeymoon with Uber or its rider(s). They took money from my account w/o even ask for permission. The funny thing is they eventually trying to pay something out of who know what's pocket back to the poor driver with a different payout formula. I lost the energy to fight back and accept it as fact of Uber life.

I had this happen after picking someone up at a strip club. Confirmed his name, dropped him off at a house in the suburbs and then had the money taken out of my account for “Wrong Passenger”. I complained to Uber, and the money was put back. Some people suck.

ntcindetroit

The funny thing is they took more money out driver account than what was put back in. It shows that their system is not consistent in payout calculation. It has temper of her own. Could that be the factor to be Permanently Deactivated because people don't believe the accounting has a way to steal money from the poor driver(s)?
Post automatically merged:

We wonder should all these scamming riders should be referred to city attorney or county or state attorney general for fraud investigation?