Say your options bets today before the market opens tomorrow at 8:30

PeAceMaKer769

Today I sold my SPY call. I got my Uber put for tomorrow....who is betting down and who is betting up tomorrow?

*Edited by deleting the (s) after the word call and put. I am poor and can only afford one of each. #Truth

EddieG

I would venture to guess this is a double bottom V pattern. Nice bounce today, but there is a literal tidal wave of bad economic data that's about to be unleashed in the next 10 days. I'm holding on to my puts. They expire in June, so looking forward to Lyft's next earnings release.

PeAceMaKer769

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think we may still be in downtrend for a while longer and we will still see small ups big downs small ups big downs for a while more.... hard to say but my memory tells me that most of the time we went down 30% we went down 50%.

EddieG

Ever notice 90% of his press conferences are 30 minutes before the market closes. Can't tell you how many trades of mine his tweets and speeches have effed up.

SatMan

Yea, all his cronies have inside information.....I see another Big investigations coming down the pike.

New guy65

I would venture to guess this is a double bottom V pattern. Nice bounce today, but there is a literal tidal wave of bad economic data that's about to be unleashed in the next 10 days. I'm holding on to my puts. They expire in June, so looking forward to Lyft's next earnings release.
This thing is nowhere near being over. If it’s a baseball game it’s maybe the 3rd inning and the US government has started using its relief pitchers. The economic numbers will be bad. The analysts generally are horrendous but in times like this it’s impossible to have an accurate estimate. The next shoe to drop will be in a few months when people who have been able to skip house payments or have had evictions stop miss the payments or start to be foreclosed upon. Also the amount of leverage in markets is big as interest rates make it easier for larger investors to be leveraged.
Developments like Lincoln yards and the tribune redevelopment at halsted and Chicago will be pushed back indefinitely. You also have the issue of office space. I believe we work is the largest lessor of office space in Chicago and many other cities with long term contracts with buildings while people that rent the space can get out with 30 days notice so if they give notice by the end of the month they only have to pay April.

ANTlifebaby

If you put a gun to my head, I'd still take my chances throwing a dart. There's no rhyme or reason to 10% moves a day--this is pure emotion, not ideal for my type of trading. I say this as a trader on the CBOE who wore the same jacket and acronym from 95 to 04, traded through the tech boom/crash at the turn of the century and 9/11 when the market was closed after the planes hit, never seen anything even close to this.

The only position I feel good about right now is shorting volatility but I don't have the balls or money to do it.

New guy65

The best thing you can do right now is sit in cash turn on ESPN and watch the highlights from the ocho. I highly recommend the death diving episode. The one with dodgeball and juggling isn’t so great. But even if it sucks it’s better than following the corona visits stuff
Post automatically merged:

If you put a gun to my head, I'd still take my chances throwing a dart. There's no rhyme or reason to 10% moves a day--this is pure emotion, not ideal for my type of trading. I say this as a trader on the CBOE who wore the same jacket and acronym from 95 to 04, traded through the tech boom/crash at the turn of the century and 9/11 when the market was closed after the planes hit, never seen anything even close to this.

The only position I feel good about right now is shorting volatility but I don't have the balls or money to do it.
The difference between them and now is you had actual people trading and providing liquidity. Not it’s a bunch of people with computers. You had guys trading heir own money trading thousands of bond contracts at a time to make a tick. You could move good volume in a small range then now you can’t as the computers pull the bids and offers

Last edited:

quesie

Today I sold my SPY call. I got my Uber put for tomorrow....who is betting down and who is betting up tomorrow?

*Edited by deleting the (s) after the word call and put. I am poor and can only afford one of each. #Truth
I'm going to say the best bet is to stay out of the market.

UberBeemer

I prefer movies to obscure sports quarterly...

Watched the Matrix trilogy. You know, where humans are reduced to batteries to run the machines? And "The One" is supposed to save everyone from machine oppression?

Then the analogy sets in, where you realize that we are the batteries of the corporate machines, and "The One" is your chosen political candidate, and the corporations that own all of congress are the macines... writing the code...

Dan Ryan

I am a long term, buy and hold investor. I won’t even pretend to know how the market will move on a minute to minute, day to day basis.

But, I will read through the annual reports, and know a bargain when I see one. I have been buying through this bloodbath and will continue to buy.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
I prefer movies to obscure sports quarterly...

Watched the Matrix trilogy. You know, where humans are reduced to batteries to run the machines? And "The One" is supposed to save everyone from machine oppression?

Then the analogy sets in, where you realize that we are the batteries of the corporate machines, and "The One" is your chosen political candidate, and the corporations that own all of congress are the macines... writing the code...
whoa.jpg