Say goodbye to those blue-and-yellow airport vans: SuperShuttle is going out of business

Jo3030

Say goodbye to those blue-and-yellow airport vans: SuperShuttle is going out of business

SuperShuttle, the long running airport shuttle service with the distinctive blue-and-yellow vans, is going out of business at the end of the year.
Airports were notified this week that SuperShuttle and sister sedan service ExecuCar will cease operations on Dec. 31.
SuperShuttle general manager Alan Gildersleeve, in an email to Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport officials in suburban Phoenix Thursday, wrote, "Unfortunately, our parent company has decided to cease SuperShuttle and ExecuCar operations nationwide effective 12/31 so we will not be continuing our service agreement into 2020.''
Los Angeles International Airport was notified on Tuesday, according to a report in the Los Angeles Times.
Gildersleeve and SuperShuttle President Matt Bushard did not respond to email requests for comment. A representative at SuperShuttle's reservations center (800-BLUE-VAN) said travelers with reservations after Dec. 31 will get automatic refunds but SuperShuttle has no details on its website about the shutdown or refunds.

As recently as Sunday, SuperShuttle told customers who commented on their ride on the company's Twitter account that is looked forward to seeing them again.

SuperShuttle's website lists more than 60 airport locations in North America and more than a dozen international locations, although it's unclear if the information is up to date.
The Phoenix-based company, which initially focused on rides with several stops to save air travelers money and later expanded to direct rides, has faced significant competition since Uber, Lyft and other ride services expanded into airports across the country. It often offers lower fares, especially if there are multiple passengers in a group, and quicker service.
The pitch on SuperShuttle's website: "Advance reservations to and from the airport for stress-free travel.''

Another Uber Driver

Their service never was that great. They often scheduled your pick-up far too early, then they showed up way late. If you boarded one at an airport and you had any idea about the roads around here, you were the last one dropped, even if you boarded at Dulles and the other passengers were going to downtown and Silver Spring. If anyone thinks that TNC drivers do not know where they are going, they have not seen anything until they see Blue Van drivers.

The veteran drivers usually got the hotel routes. Those were the most coveted routes, as you were almost assured of getting at least five customers. If you did fill up before you finished your route, you simply called the dispatcher and he assigned another Blue Van to complete it. This left the rookies to do the residential pick ups. Those guys could not read a map and can not even hug a GPS. They are bad news. It is a wonder that they can find an airport.

The only people that I knew who had any success using the Blue Van were those who lived near hotels. They simply took their wheeled suitcase, wheeled it out of their residence and the couple of blocks to the hotel and waited for the Blue Van to show up. It was usually to time or close to it. When they came back, they simply told the starter at the airport that they were going to _________ hotel.

Lack of reliability is really what killed it. It was just a protracted death.

Good post, though, and thank you for the heads up.

UberPotomac

Does the $100 have to be cash or can it be $100 worth of Bitcoin or a $100 Best Buy Gift Card?
Bitcoin , , Gift cards accepted .
Post automatically merged:

He prefers Rubles.
Don’t you worry , you can have fun at my expense . I’ll be just fine . Just save my number for that ONE CALL and I still ll be there with the Bail money.

UberPotomac

Can an uber driver even afford bail?
Only a good UBER driver .
And only for a good friend.

Can it be $100 worth of "social contract," compassion, and feelings? Not sure what I'm purchasing, but it must be worthless if a communist is offering it.
Do go you have any proof of this Comunist BS.?
Just because Master Bitcoin Scammer said it doesn’t mean to be truth .
Ok then you have the little Raptor making false accusations .This communist BS is like fake news . Just because they repeat them , does not mean is thruth.

But on the main matter , you need a ride to the airport , just message me and we’ll take care of you
“ on the house “ . Not hard feelings , promise to put some Smoth jazz and stay away from CNN

Last edited:

Carnivore Deluxe

Only a good UBER driver .
And only for a good friend.

Do go you have any proof of this Comunist BS.?
Just because Master Bitcoin Scammer said it doesn’t mean to be truth .
Ok then you have the little Raptor making false accusations .This communist BS is like fake news . Just because they repeat them , does not mean is thruth.

But on the main matter , you need a ride to the airport , just message me and we’ll take care of you
“ on the house “ . Not hard feelings , promise to put some Smoth jazz and stay away from CNN
Kind Sir, in the interest of civil discourse, on my one and only thread on this board, you know the one, I challenge you to point out to a single part of what I’ve presented as a “Scam” and question your label of me as a “Master Scammer”.

Show evidence of a single penny collected or a single referral link posted anywhere by me.

By your own quoted yet misspelled words:
“Just because they repeat them , does not mean is thruth” and “Do go you have any proof of this”

Until you can present something tangible, what you repeat about me is mere conjecture, what’s true for the Gander must also be true for the Goose.

So suddenly it’s not ok when you get called something you disagree with, but you believe you have carte blanche to do the same onto others?

Last edited: