Saw Something Interesting

Respect The Beard

This morning while leaving Food Lion this I saw a Lyft Driver with New York plates working in Raleigh.I was under the impression that Ride Sharing was a State by State thing and if you are licensed insured by 1 state you could not drive in other states,example I'm from New York but reside in North Carolina so I couldn't go to New York and drive.Just wondering how this could be possible?Has anyone ever seem that before?

Last edited:

The Mollusk

This morning while leaving Food Lion this I saw a Lyft Driver with New York plates working in Raleigh.I was under the impression that Ride Sharing was a State by State thing and if you are licensed insured by 1 state you could not drive in other states,example I'm from New York but reside in North Carolina so I couldn't go to New York and drive.Just wondering how this could be possible?Has anyone eer seem that before?
It's possible because TNCs disregard laws, and instead follow their own internal policies only .

Libertyfare

I turned on my Uber app out of state just to see surge rates etc. Also to kind of give Uber a clue to stop bugging me to drive in NC when I was out of state on vacation. They didn't deactivate me. But then again I didn't push the online function to start working either.

Bill Wirth

I'm attempting to try to understand what I just read? Uber doesn't give a crap that you are out of town? And they would not deactivate you if you attempt to work out of state? The app would not work? We are a bunch of dumb asses!