• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Saw my rating drop from 4.68 to 4.65 this week

So yes, saw my rating drop from 4.68 to 4.65 this week. I don't know what I did bad this week, I was driving the same way as I always do. For some reason, I only got 4's and 3's with 2 dbags reporting me for "professionalism" when I wasn't even doing anything. As always, I greet them when they get in and I say thank you after.
I have 395 total rated trips so far
Don't even know what I did. Pisses me off to no end
I have been giving out 5 stars to all pax, I think I should give low ratings to pax even if they are late 1 min starting now.

pomegranite112

I've had about 30 rated rides and I have a 4.9. Couple badges and 2 notes. I didn't converse with my pax too much today but I got a few five stars and a badge. I think it's just luck

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've had about 30 rated rides and I have a 4.9. Couple badges and 2 notes. I didn't converse with my pax too much today but I got a few five stars and a badge. I think it's just luck
So you are fairly new to the game lol.
When I first started, I got all 5 stars for first 25 rated trips, then it dipped to 4.5 and then 4.18 at one point. Because of dbag pool riders. It went up constantly pass 4.60 upto 4.68. Then went down to 4.65 all in 1 week

pomegranite112

So you are fairly new to the game lol.
When I first started, I got all 5 stars for first 25 rated trips, then it dipped to 4.5 and then 4.18 at one point. Because of dbag pool riders. It went up constantly pass 4.60 upto 4.68. Then went down to 4.65 all in 1 week
What's causing the fluctuation? I've only had 2 non five stars. They were both 4 stars but I think I received one of them cause I had nowhere to stop but the middle of the road in DC and their idiot kids decided to exit the car from the side where cars were flying by

Yeah i'm pretty new. I've only done about 80 rides total

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What's causing the fluctuation? I've only had 2 non five stars. They were both 4 stars but I think I received one of them cause I had nowhere to stop but the middle of the road in DC and their idiot kids decided to exit the car from the side where cars were flying by

Yeah i'm pretty new. I've only done about 80 rides total

No idea. That's what baffles my mind lol

RulesUnderstood

No idea. That's what baffles my mind lol

Some @@@@@@@ was in my car today with 2 friends...said his 17 yo daughter rates 1 star for drivers who talk too much. Mother@@@@er! I said "We're not mind readers and a person's livelihood is at stake. Some ppl do it bc they're lonely, others need the money. Let your daughter know that 1 star equals 10 5 stars and only 30-50% of riders even rate, so her 1 star has a horrible impact on a driver". @@@@er shut up then. Said he'd tell her. @@@@@@bags!!!! 17 yo little @@@@@ got her shitty attitude from her dad!!!

novadrivergal

In my first couple of months my rating went as low as 4.64, that was my low point. It helps that I started with Lyft and the early ones drop off at 100 rides. I've been doing this 2 1/2 years and my rating on both systems has been a totally consistent 4.76-4.77 since the third month. Many 5.0 weeks and my lowest weeks were 4.5. Sometimes I KNOW who gave me the low rating, most of the time I don't.

I am convinced that drivers with consistently low ratings are doing something wrong with regard to navigation/driving or lack social skills. There are a*%@(*s out there and statistically we are all going to get our share, but if I can maintain a 4.76 then it isn't an impossibly high standard. My car is nothing special and it isn't spotless. I don't give out bonuses, I'm not a perfect driver.

On the other hand, I am also convinced that riders give lower ratings based on ethnicity, gender, perceived attractiveness and accent. For whatever reason, it seems most of the drivers who boast of very high ratings are youngish white males. A fat middle aged woman like me doesn't get a lot of trouble from pax but the other side of that coin is that I have somewhat lower ratings and get less tips (unless those guys are lying, which is possible).

Life isn't fair and Uberworld is no exception. As long as your rating is consistently above 4.65 don't stress over it. Uber pays you exactly the same as the guy with a 4.9 (if he really exists).

roadman

In my first couple of months my rating went as low as 4.64, that was my low point. It helps that I started with Lyft and the early ones drop off at 100 rides. I've been doing this 2 1/2 years and my rating on both systems has been a totally consistent 4.76-4.77 since the third month. Many 5.0 weeks and my lowest weeks were 4.5. Sometimes I KNOW who gave me the low rating, most of the time I don't.

I am convinced that drivers with consistently low ratings are doing something wrong with regard to navigation/driving or lack social skills. There are a*%@(*s out there and statistically we are all going to get our share, but if I can maintain a 4.76 then it isn't an impossibly high standard. My car is nothing special and it isn't spotless. I don't give out bonuses, I'm not a perfect driver.

On the other hand, I am also convinced that riders give lower ratings based on ethnicity, gender, perceived attractiveness and accent. For whatever reason, it seems most of the drivers who boast of very high ratings are youngish white males. A fat middle aged woman like me doesn't get a lot of trouble from pax but the other side of that coin is that I have somewhat lower ratings and get less tips (unless those guys are lying, which is possible).

Life isn't fair and Uberworld is no exception. As long as your rating is consistently above 4.65 don't stress over it. Uber pays you exactly the same as the guy with a 4.9 (if he really exists).
I plan to drop .3 before departure.

HPClays

I know my rating takes a ding because there is not a lot of legroom in my car behind me. I also get a 1-star occasionally because if a passenger mouths off, they get it right back. But don't let it bother you, keep your car clean, and if you can, avoid uberpool, because those cheap maggots will down rate you for a myriad of reasons out of your control. If anything goes wrong before you slide the "Start trip" button, cancel...because they'll blame you with a 1-star.

Oh and anytime you have a crappy rider, report them ASAP.

Swarley

If you can get people to like you, they likely won't rate you at all when things go wrong. If I cut someone off, miss a turn or run a light I turn on the charm. That said, there are people from parts of the spectrum who have the personality of a turd and there is little you can do with that.

Also, millennials complain to try and get free stuff or because they think showing their friends they gave a low rating makes them seem important. I also don't get good ratings from gay men.

Personally, I 5 star everyone because if I were Uber I would use the driver ratings to try and match riders with drivers who are more likely to be compatible if distance between available drivers is similar. It does nothing to anonymously hurt a pax but it can affect how Uber matches me to rides so I prefer to hack it instead of use it for revenge.

roadman

If you can get people to like you, they likely won't rate you at all when things go wrong. If I cut someone off, miss a turn or run a light I turn on the charm. That said, there are people from parts of the spectrum who have the personality of a turd and there is little you can do with that.

Also, millennials complain to try and get free stuff or because they think showing their friends they gave a low rating makes them seem important. I also don't get good ratings from gay men.

Personally, I 5 star everyone because if I were Uber I would use the driver ratings to try and match riders with drivers who are more likely to be compatible if distance between available drivers is similar. It does nothing to anonymously hurt a pax but it can affect how Uber matches me to rides so I prefer to hack it instead of use it for revenge.
I gave out a 5 star last week to a homosexual who tipped $4 on a $7 ride. I don't discriminate.

RedFox

So yes, saw my rating drop from 4.68 to 4.65 this week. I don't know what I did bad this week, I was driving the same way as I always do. For some reason, I only got 4's and 3's with 2 dbags reporting me for "professionalism" when I wasn't even doing anything. As always, I greet them when they get in and I say thank you after.
I have 395 total rated trips so far
Don't even know what I did. Pisses me off to no end
I have been giving out 5 stars to all pax, I think I should give low ratings to pax even if they are late 1 min starting now.
Are you full or part time? If you're PT then who gives a sh*t what these asshat pax rate.

Jo3030

I did Lyft for 9 months, was at a 4.98.
Then started doing Uber and figured it would be cake cuz Lyft was 'so easy'
I started off and got down to a 4.5 when I first started (after like 30-40 rides).
I *THINK* Uber riders got accustomed to being picked up in black on black limos and were mad that they were getting picked up in something NOT that.

LOL.
Oh well, you got from A to B quickly and efficiently right???

Some people cannot be pleased.

marc13

No worries about the stupid rate.

Since riders are able to rate even when they got cancelled, my rating dropped from 4.82 to 4.70. Howevee, I'm still up and kicking out of my car bunch of cheap f..., entitled kids, uber poopers and lazy ones who dont cross the street to get picked up.

Nuke

Some @@@@@@@ was in my car today with 2 friends...said his 17 yo daughter rates 1 star for drivers who talk too much. Mother&%$@!*er! I said "We're not mind readers and a person's livelihood is at stake. Some ppl do it bc they're lonely, others need the money. Let your daughter know that 1 star equals 10 5 stars and only 30-50% of riders even rate, so her 1 star has a horrible impact on a driver". &%$@!*er shut up then. Said he'd tell her. ******bags!!!! 17 yo little ***** got her shitty attitude from her dad!!!
Lol RulesUnderstood finally coming down from La La land. No love for Uber anymore?

New2This

Also a majority of people don't rate, just like if someone stays at a hotel and has a good stay, they may or may not leave a review but if they have a shitty stay they'll tell EVERYONE online.

Give a few foot massages to get back over 4.7 then don't give a fornicate.