Saw a driver throw a PAX out of his car last night

Jbeck

So I roll up and I see this driver trying to pull a PAX out of his car saying "Get out! GET OUT! He was pulling on his arm. Lol the I hear him calling cops. Cops come basically say you need to take up with Uber.... Then I get a ping..... Lol for that guy. He was a scrawny guy and seriously I think the driver was just freaking out. So I drive him and he is on the phone with emergency Uber.... They tell him basically to take it up with police. Police wouldn't arrest the driver. Kinda crazy.

ChinatownJake

So I roll up and I see this driver trying to pull a PAX out of his car saying "Get out! GET OUT! He was pulling on his arm. Lol the I hear him calling cops. Cops come basically say you need to take up with Uber.... Then I get a ping..... Lol for that guy.
Crazy like a Pax! I don't know about you, but if I had just been allegedly assaulted by an Uber driver, my next move might be Lyft, regular taxi or call a friend. Not back to Uber...

soulwarrior

So I roll up and I see this driver trying to pull a PAX out of his car saying "Get out! GET OUT! He was pulling on his arm. Lol the I hear him calling cops. Cops come basically say you need to take up with Uber.... Then I get a ping..... Lol for that guy. He was a scrawny guy and seriously I think the driver was just freaking out. So I drive him and he is on the phone with emergency Uber.... They tell him basically to take it up with police. Police wouldn't arrest the driver. Kinda crazy.

So you pull up and see this and decide to wait around for the cops to show up and see what they do? Then when you get pinged and it's the pax you pick him up and have him in the car and don't think to ask him why the driver was throwing him out? Interesting........

Fuzzyelvis

Why would the police arrest someone for trying to remove someone from their own property?

Jbeck

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So you pull up and see this and decide to wait around for the cops to show up and see what they do? Then when you get pinged and it's the pax you pick him up and have him in the car and don't think to ask him why the driver was throwing him out? Interesting........
I totally asked. I just hate typing so much.... Ok this is what he said.

He got in the driver's car and his phone was dying and asked if he could use charger. The driver said in a huff (he said) hold on.... They proceeded to pick up pool pax and he asked again because he said his phone was dying. Guy yells and says hold on.

Second pax gets in car.. Sits behind first pax. Driver says move your seat up, again in an angry voice. Girl behind says I'm fine. Driver again yells move it forward. So pax says you know maybe I should just get in the back. He already paid for part of his ride to first pool pick up. Then he moves and the driver starts freaking out and starts pulling on him to get out of the car. I waited around because I was at Union Station waiting for a ping. So I was able to pull out my popcorn and watch. Great entertainment for the night.

Last edited:

Jbeck

Why would the police arrest someone for trying to remove someone from their own property?
Because he put his hands on him and was physically trying to remove him. Look I'm not siding with pax.. Just telling you what he said happen. He threw his backpack out in the street too. Driver was kinda a jerk. They guy was so scrawny and weak looking I don't see why the driver acted so crazy. He seemed pretty normal when I was driving and totally shook up. The other lady got scared and called another ride too.

Last edited:

LEAFdriver

..... I waited around because I was at Union Station waiting for a ping. So I was able to pull out my popcorn and watch. Great entertainment for the night.
Cheap entertainment....all most of us Uber drivers can afford. :p

It just seemed like the driver was not having a good day. I guess it happens.
You said this was a pool ride, right? I'm not saying the driver was right....but I totally empathize with him.

He knows he's not getting a tip anyway....and a POOL rider has the nerve to ASK for ANYTHING? After a long day of bending over backwards to make pax happy....and constantly getting stiffed.....we have a breaking point. I just try to go OFFLINE when I sense that mindset is coming up. :oopsies:

Jbeck

Cheap entertainment....all most of us Uber drivers can afford. :p

You said this was a pool ride, right? I'm not saying the driver was right....but I totally empathize with him.

He knows he's not getting a tip anyway....and a POOL rider has the nerve to ASK for ANYTHING? After a long day of bending over backwards to make pax happy....and constantly getting stiffed.....we have a breaking point. I just try to go OFFLINE when I sense that mindset is coming up. :oopsies:
I get it. He should have gone off line. Look I take pool rides to. I still try to offer excellent service. It all comes back around. I often get $10 and $20 tips. I treat everyone with respect. Now cross me.... You will have a problem. :rolleyes:

Optimus Uber

Let this be a lesson to passengers. You have no rights in an uber ride. Uber don't give a crap and neither do the cops. So be nice to your driver or will kick you out wherever we feel like.

It's the drivers car, the driver can do what they want. Shove your rating up your arse. It makes no difference to us. It will fall off in a month anyway.

Besides uber doesn't enforce any of the BS comments any passenger leaves. We saw the post how the driver has 17 issues reported and he's still driving.

Dear passengers, no one cares about your crap. Take your Winey, crying baby crap and shove it. Time to grow up and behave like an adult.

Ketofats

*I totally asked. I just hate typing so much.... Ok this is what he said.

He got in the driver's car and his phone was dying and asked if he could use charger. The driver said in a huff (he said) hold on.... They proceeded to pick up pool pax and he asked again because he said his phone was dying. Guy yells and says hold on.

Second pax gets in car.. Sits behind first pax. Driver says move your seat up, again in an angry voice. Girl behind says I'm fine. Driver again yells move it forward. So pax says you know maybe I should just get in the back. He already paid for part of his ride to first pool pick up. Then he moves and the driver starts freaking out and starts pulling on him to get out of the car. I waited around because I was at Union Station waiting for a ping. So I was able to pull out my popcorn and watch. Great entertainment for the night.*

Both passenger and driver have major faults so let me explain so that you can see both sides:

*Passenger* first clue is when you asked for the charger and the driver says hold on in a half voice, 2nd clue is when he yells, 3rd clue is when the driver says move the seat up in a very angry voice even though girl says that she is fine, yet he yells again to do it anyways. The HUGE mistake is trying to go in the back seat because if you know anything about human nature, the first 3 clues should have already told the passenger that something is very wrong. The key in this situation is that you want to be cool about the whole thing without letting the driver know that you are about to look for trouble. In the passenger's mind, he is looking for trouble by wanting to go in the back having mentioned all the 3 clues in the first place because any rightful brain (pax) would have just exited the car. Do you see the stupidity on the passenger's part? Being that the passenger obviously wanted to start some trouble by moving to the back, he could have just waited for the opportune moment to stay in the front and then take a million other shots at the driver when he leasts expects it. The smartest shot to take if you are an intelligent human being was to get out of the car but fine, you want to stay in the car and cause some trouble? If the driver was so bad=maybe he was terrible maybe he wasn't but why not give him a stockton slap before exiting your destination? Why not pour some water in 1 hand and splash it in his face AFTER you get dropped off since you wanted to stay in the car? why not pepper spray him and cause him to not be able to drive for an hour or less? There are a million things that the passenger could have done without beating up the driver and killing him, but nah the idiot pax wanted to go in the backseat without realizing what human nature would think.

*Driver* A lot of people who look weak have been used to being picked on since they were little. My opinion is that these are the most dangerous people because their minds can be a little off, they tend to carry a weapon, and a lot of times they can be proactive with violence on the other guy from even the simplest things like a touch to their shoulders or a tap on the head. It is perfectly fine if a driver wants to end the ride at any time, but you can't touch the passenger like that. If they are that bad, you cancel the ride/drop them off right then and there and they need to exit. Follow up email to uber about what happened and that would be it. If you're going to get out of your seat to pull the passenger out of your car that means you gotta be ready for the possibility of a war. Luckily nothing happened and maybe the idiot driver thought he had the upper hand from the guy that looked like a weakling but keep being ignorant of human nature and 1 day you're going to get your asss beat or killed like we see on the news from time to time.

For me as a driver and a rider, i am very very nice. In fact i make it seem like people can walk all over me all they want but deep down inside my heart and my brain, i am ready to go to war and die anytime when i know that someone might be trying to take advantage of me.

soulwarrior

Let this be a lesson to passengers. You have no rights in an uber ride. Uber don't give a crap and neither do the cops. So be nice to your driver or will kick you out wherever we feel like.

It's the drivers car, the driver can do what they want. Shove your rating up your arse. It makes no difference to us. It will fall off in a month anyway.

Besides uber doesn't enforce any of the BS comments any passenger leaves. We saw the post how the driver has 17 issues reported and he's still driving.

Dear passengers, no one cares about your crap. Take your Winey, crying baby crap and shove it. Time to grow up and behave like an adult.

Yeah! What he said!!!!!!! Just a little louder! $&@holes can walk! Of course unless it's like a 2.0+ from DTLA to Malibu at 10:30am. I will take your $&@) attitude and then give you a 1* and immediately make a report against you to Uber so you can see it.
Thank Alohim that most pax are really super cool people of which some are edgy because they experienced a few &@$hole drivers. Plenty of &[email protected] drivers too.

Shakey Jake

I was stopped at a signal last night and my pax directed me to the car next to mine. There was an uber driver with pax in his car falling asleep at the wheel. It was around 11:00pm at Laurel Cyn and the 101.

Jbeck

*I totally asked. I just hate typing so much.... Ok this is what he said.

Second pax gets in car.. Sits behind first pax. Driver says move your seat up, again in an angry voice. Girl behind says I'm fine. Driver again yells move it forward. So pax says you know maybe I should just get in the back. He already paid for part of his ride to first pool pick up. Then he moves and the driver starts freaking out and starts pulling on him to get out of the car. I waited around because I was at Union Station waiting for a ping. So I was able to pull out my popcorn and watch. Great entertainment for the night.*

Both passenger and driver have major faults so let me explain so that you can see both sides:

*Passenger* first clue is when you asked for the charger and the driver says hold on in a half voice, 2nd clue is when he yells, 3rd clue is when the driver says move the seat up in a very angry voice even though girl says that she is fine, yet he yells again to do it anyways. The HUGE mistake is trying to go in the back seat because if you know anything about human nature, the first 3 clues should have already told the passenger that something is very wrong. The key in this situation is that you want to be cool about the whole thing without letting the driver know that you are about to look for trouble. In the passenger's mind, he is looking for trouble by wanting to go in the back having mentioned all the 3 clues in the first place because any rightful brain (pax) would have just exited the car. Do you see the stupidity on the passenger's part? Being that the passenger obviously wanted to start some trouble by moving to the back, he could have just waited for the opportune moment to stay in the front and then take a million other shots at the driver when he leasts expects it. The smartest shot to take if you are an intelligent human being was to get out of the car but fine, you want to stay in the car and cause some trouble? If the driver was so bad=maybe he was terrible maybe he wasn't but why not give him a stockton slap before exiting your destination? Why not pour some water in 1 hand and splash it in his face AFTER you get dropped off since you wanted to stay in the car? why not pepper spray him and cause him to not be able to drive for an hour or less? There are a million things that the passenger could have done without beating up the driver and killing him, but nah the idiot pax wanted to go in the backseat without realizing what human nature would think.

*Driver* A lot of people who look weak have been used to being picked on since they were little. My opinion is that these are the most dangerous people because their minds can be a little off, they tend to carry a weapon, and a lot of times they can be proactive with violence on the other guy from even the simplest things like a touch to their shoulders or a tap on the head. It is perfectly fine if a driver wants to end the ride at any time, but you can't touch the passenger like that. If they are that bad, you cancel the ride/drop them off right then and there and they need to exit. Follow up email to uber about what happened and that would be it. If you're going to get out of your seat to pull the passenger out of your car that means you gotta be ready for the possibility of a war. Luckily nothing happened and maybe the idiot driver thought he had the upper hand from the guy that looked like a weakling but keep being ignorant of human nature and 1 day you're going to get your asss beat or killed like we see on the news from time to time.

For me as a driver and a rider, i am very very nice. In fact i make it seem like people can walk all over me all they want but deep down inside my heart and my brain, i am ready to go to war and die anytime when i know that someone might be trying to take advantage of me.

Ya.. That's what I meant to say. I think I failed my writing class.

GeladaMate

Because he put his hands on him and was physically trying to remove him. Look I'm not siding with pax.. Just telling you what he said happen. He threw his backpack out in the street too. Driver was kinda a jerk. They guy was so scrawny and weak looking I don't see why the driver acted so crazy. He seemed pretty normal when I was driving and totally shook up. The other lady got scared and called another ride too.
You only got the pax story for all we know you gave a @@@@@@bag ride after talking shit to the wrong driver. He was behaving because the first driver set him straight.

Jbeck

You only got the pax story for all we know you gave a ******bag ride after talking shit to the wrong driver. He was behaving because the first driver set him straight.
You're right. He didn't come across as that kinda guy but you are absolutely right. I probably would have just punched him in the face. :rolleyes:

KMANDERSON

KekeLo take it easy on them passangers.