• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Saturdays

Benjamin M

I don't often drive on Saturdays because people are normally hammered around 5pm downtown. But yesterday was a great Saturday.

Second ping was to an event at Browns Island, popular place in Richmond with a lot of summer events. Road was closed, pax was trying to open my door to exit while the car was still moving - hate that.

A cop was directing traffic and saw me stop. He was hot and I was annoyed. I got that we'd have a dick measuring contest off the bat, so we argued for a couple of minutes - not my style but he kinda wanted to. Last thing he said was "well, your passenger isn't your boss, you are". To which I replied "excellent point."

Then someone was banging on my windows, cop asked me to give them a ride. I said that isn't how this works. But while we were talking I'd auto accepted a ping leaving the venue, they were my next fare.

Next ping brought me about 30 minutes outside of down town. From there, 40 minutes to the country. Amazingly, I had a stacked ping there going about 20 minutes away - the pax were amazed because it usually takes 30 minutes for a ride, I was there in 5.

From there, a stacked ping heading back downtown - another 20 - 30 minute trip. One more after that and I was done.

$93 in around 3 and a half hours, I'll take it!

Jake Air

Sometimes the stars align!
Where I drive....any event of any kind, whether it's a game or a concert or whatever is a total freaking nightmare and usually not worth the hassle trying to locate my PAX and then be stuck in gridlock traffic.
I probably lose some income, but I drive home without a headache. lol
Nice shift though for you...basically 30 bucks an hour. I'd take that!

Benjamin M

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sometimes the stars align!
Where I drive....any event of any kind, whether it's a game or a concert or whatever is a total freaking nightmare and usually not worth the hassle trying to locate my PAX and then be stuck in gridlock traffic.
I probably lose some income, but I drive home without a headache. lol
Nice shift though for you...basically 30 bucks an hour. I'd take that!
Yeah problem is that they arbitrarily shut down roads and have absolutely no designated place for RS, then yell at drivers for doing their best. It's a setup to hassle us, I think. Which is odd because we're keeping drunks off the road.
Post automatically merged:

I think you need to move, Ben :roflmao: :cryin:
My first hammered pax was actually at around 2:30pm. Another job offer, this time for Snagajob - online job search site with a HQ about 20 minutes away. Her being drunk and the experience a friend of mine has working for them.. Nah pass 😂

Declined taking contact info that time. She won't remember me.

Jake Air

Yeah problem is that they arbitrarily shut down roads and have absolutely no designated place for RS, then yell at drivers for doing their best. It's a setup to hassle us, I think. Which is odd because we're keeping drunks off the road.
Yea, unless the event is at a stadium or arena here, it's the same thing....you just pick up wherever and wait for one of the ahole cops to sh*t their pantalones that you're parked in a bike lane with your hazards on. Course while they're yelling at us, people are pissing in the bushes, drinking in public, probably breaking into cars.....and apparently none of that is as important as making sure RS drivers are obeying all traffic laws. 🙄
Again....why I usually avoid all that drama, unless I can foresee some good money-making opportunities. lol

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
Yeah money made on a Saturday largely depends on the city you live in. In Seattle we experienced X drivers average $250. to $350. On a Saturday. As a college student I would only drive Thursday, Friday, and Saturdays (28 to 35 hours) and bring home $700. to $1000. a week.

ANT 7

Saturday's in my market are great if you work 12 hours from 600 AM to 600 PM. There is little to no traffic compared to a weekday, and you are always busy.

6-800 AM you are going to the airport.

8-1200 AM it's the walk of shame, dude where's my car, and people going to work.

In the afternoon people are out shopping or partying, etc, all of the above.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow too. It's a Monday long weekend in my market, should make $250 easily with no hassles.

Benjamin M

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Saturday's in my market are great if you work 12 hours from 600 AM to 600 PM. There is little to no traffic compared to a weekday, and you are always busy.

6-800 AM you are going to the airport.

8-1200 AM it's the walk of shame, dude where's my car, and people going to work.

In the afternoon people are out shopping or partying, etc, all of the above.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow too. It's a Monday long weekend in my market, should make $250 easily with no hassles.
Awesome! I would have stayed out longer but I can't handle the insanely loud drunks. Had a headache after the last one. But they actually tipped, $5.36!

There was a $5 surge down the road when I got home, decided it was time for me to have my own fun. Haven't decided if I am going out driving today.