Saturday's Guarantees: Gold Boost. Wtf

Ubermanpt

This is exactly why I have trouble doing 95 rides,which means accepting uber stools to reach platinum because uber keeps playing with incentives lowering the boosts, making zones for different levels, ect...

CantThrowCantCatch

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Have to do 34 rides by 9am to get upgraded to platinum for next week. Going to work 3p-3a and hope I get enough trips. Will do match pools too.

leosc

No Surge.....

Still No real surge....at this moment

Wow People do drive at 1.2XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Another Uber Driver

Uber knows that the rates are too low. They see that the marked pay increases have gotten the drivers back onto the streets. Uber can not afford to keep subsidising its drivers. It will have to recover and profit from the farebox. Therefore, it must increase the rates. It is trying to find out at what rate of pay it can keep what it considers an adequate supply of drivers on the street. Thus, it keeps lowering the bonus. When the number of drivers drops below its threshold, it sets the new rates at that level or somewhere close to it.. Uber is not unaware that it will lose customers when the rates go up. For this reason, it wants to keep the increase to a minimum.

Before the incentives, Uber was losing customers because there were not adequate drivers to cover the requests. Uber is trying to find the proverbial "sweet spot" where it has enough drivers and customers.

Kawiz03

I remeber the good ol' days of deep red surges in DC at all hours and being able to make a decent supplemental side hustle fund...soon going to have to work Mickey D's or sell ass since Uber is a joke and the money is not worth the time,effort or sacarfice of sleep..maybe got a few months left in me before I tap out

YouLikeThatBreezy

And this is why I like hourly hour the reward zone has the same incentive for all of DC, Bethesda, Arlington, old town etc... No guessing games

uuberr

Platinum Boost isn't much better. 1.6X max in shit parts of D.C.

Welcome back to our old friend The Surge...

View attachment 50306
wtf is that map! how do even understand that! first time ever seeing it like that. They put me directly to hourly since this whole thing started. How many rides do you guys have to do for plarinum? usuallu when im around 45 they tell me im good for next week!

uuberr

I remeber the good ol' days of deep red surges in DC at all hours and being able to make a decent supplemental side hustle fund...soon going to have to work Mickey D's or sell ass since Uber is a joke and the money is not worth the time,effort or sacarfice of sleep..maybe got a few months left in me before I tap out
in the good ol days i made $74 from clarendon metro to shirlington :smiles: the days when uber bragged its drivers made 70k/yr. now i wish i had put more hrs back then.

uuberr

Uber knows that the rates are too low. They see that the marked pay increases have gotten the drivers back onto the streets. Uber can not afford to keep subsidising its drivers. It will have to recover and profit from the farebox. Therefore, it must increase the rates. It is trying to find out at what rate of pay it can keep what it considers an adequate supply of drivers on the street. Thus, it keeps lowering the bonus. When the number of drivers drops below its threshold, it sets the new rates at that level or somewhere close to it.. Uber is not unaware that it will lose customers when the rates go up. For this reason, it wants to keep the increase to a minimum.

Before the incentives, Uber was losing customers because there were not adequate drivers to cover the requests. Uber is trying to find the proverbial "sweet spot" where it has enough drivers and customers.
Ppl cant afford it? if you can afford living in DC working in dc going out drinking every other day you should be able to afford a decent uber fare as well. No reason why corporate lawyers and fannie mae ppl are requesting pool rides and then giving drivers sht that they are picking other paxs while they are running late. Uber can easily double the rates and ppl will still use it.