• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Saturday Nights

JerseyBoy911

Ok so last night (Friday) was a total bust.. I was out early in Hudson County. Ok, maybe not the best idea. I figured that they all may need a ride to wherever they are going. I was out till about 1;30. Only one ping...smh

I saw New Brunswick was at a 3.9 Surge! I rushed down there but i was way wayyyy too late. I got one ping. Two drunk girls going from NB to upper Edison...one fell asleep and the other was chatty so I took in nice and slow. But even then, at 26min ride was only 12-13 bux in my pocket...met one Uber Driver, Doug...nice dude. He said that if we keep offline, then it surges...the rider's just wait for the surge to be over so it's no point...but idk about that, I mean if we roll up on drivers and all appeal to eachother, we can make sure a surge isn't 5 mins...and more like 30mins.

So my question is for tonight (Saturday Night), where should I be and when should I go out?

I'm thinking I'll go back to New Brunswick at 12:30-1a? Or should I attempt Morristown area? I mean should these ppl need rides into morristown then rides back out. At least it's more time on the road...rather than short stupid trips in and around hoboken smh

chevelle454

Why would you drive from Hudson to middlesex?And unless you're new. Why would you chase a surge??Surge is to get drivers there not guarantee of a pick up.

cnjdriver

It's been a slow week in the Princeton/Trenton area! I've noticed a lot of drivers in the area. It's gotten flooded with new drivers.

JerseyBoy911

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why would you drive from Hudson to middlesex?And unless you're new. Why would you chase a surge??Surge is to get drivers there not guarantee of a pick up.
I am new but, read the rest.

Hudson Co I got nada...zero..zilch...one 3.00 ping...

Lepke

Go to an area with a bar scene. Early in the night work the surrounding area bringing people into the area with the bars. At around or after midnight head to the bar area and start talking people home.

JerseyBoy911

You realize that you burned a ton of gas. Hudson County has Jersey City and Hoboken, etc. Why are you not floating around there?
Again, I was there for hours, floating, only one ping...3 bucks, went around hoboken...no pings....saw the rider app...ton of uber driver piled up there...

I may just go in or around morristown tonight...

New Brunswick did have a good surge of 3.9- 2.0 for at least 20 to 30mins last night...but I missed it...makes me want to go there tonight but most of them will be short rides I'm sure...idk I'm just new...that's why I'm on here posting...

JerseyBoy911

I really wish we could just join up together and go to a city and all agree to go offline at like 1:45am...and wait to just drive up the surge.. yea ok...it could be called manipulating the system but, come on...we gotta make a living and the base rate ain't doin it...

Lepke

I really wish we could just join up together and go to a city and all agree to go offline at like 1:45am...and wait to just drive up the surge.. yea ok...it could be called manipulating the system but, come on...we gotta make a living and the base rate ain't doin it...
Last year after the price cuts we were able to do that. Now there are just too many drivers and no solidarity. A group of around a dozen of us did pull it off a few times over the summer.

JerseyBoy911

Lepke that's great man, I mean it sucks that it is harder now but at least it shows that it was or is possible! If I had help I would be totally down for doing recruiting for something like that

Tommy Tours

Last night I was hanging on 16th st in Hoboken about 12:30 am there were at least 20 plus cars in Hob. sitting. Uber has hired every and anybody to drive and of course I would say 75% are TLC. Maybe some Bergen Cty tonight I'll see

Ces-Aviator

Is kind slow tonight 4 rides so far since 7pm that I started 114.71 dollars total I think 1/2 hour more and I'll go home to see the boxing on tv

Uberduberdoo

Ok so last night (Friday) was a total bust.. I was out early in Hudson County. Ok, maybe not the best idea. I figured that they all may need a ride to wherever they are going. I was out till about 1;30. Only one ping...smh

I saw New Brunswick was at a 3.9 Surge! I rushed down there but i was way wayyyy too late. I got one ping. Two drunk girls going from NB to upper Edison...one fell asleep and the other was chatty so I took in nice and slow. But even then, at 26min ride was only 12-13 bux in my pocket...met one Uber Driver, Doug...nice dude. He said that if we keep offline, then it surges...the rider's just wait for the surge to be over so it's no point...but idk about that, I mean if we roll up on drivers and all appeal to eachother, we can make sure a surge isn't 5 mins...and more like 30mins.

So my question is for tonight (Saturday Night), where should I be and when should I go out?

I'm thinking I'll go back to New Brunswick at 12:30-1a? Or should I attempt Morristown area? I mean should these ppl need rides into morristown then rides back out. At least it's more time on the road...rather than short stupid trips in and around hoboken smh
i was in morristown last night, 8 trips all less than a mile. One trip destination was literately in eyesight. pax and 3 girfriends "to lazy and to cold out to walk" i got one surge trip though... $3.75 and thats not the surge amount, its the whole take. Morristown was a bust for the most part.

Uberduberdoo

did anyone on the 20% plan see a jump to 25% this weekend ? im like wtf. like a $3.20 minimum wasnt low enough,, seems they took another 5% fetching me $3 . thats what made me look further,, i never seen a $3 trip. sure enough fri and sat nights @ 25%. "Lucy, you got some splaining to do"

Lepke

did anyone on the 20% plan see a jump to 25% this weekend ? im like wtf. like a $3.20 minimum wasnt low enough,, seems they took another 5% fetching me $3 . thats what made me look further,, i never seen a $3 trip. sure enough fri and sat nights @ 25%. "Lucy, you got some splaining to do"
Most drivers are so stupid they won't know that uber is fücking them. I think uber is taking their best shot. They do the same śhit with tolls. Most drivers would never know they're getting screwed out of toll money.

California Dave

Happened to me 2 weeks ago after I updated my docs online. I contacted support and they added the 5% back and corrected the "error". Seems like the default is 25% and that gets re-applied when you make a change, but they haven't officially cut over the older driver population to 25% yet. So contact them and get them to correct it.