Saturday Evenings

calpolyslo

Hey folks.... I'll start this out with that I'm not from SF, but I have to go up for something early an upcoming Sunday morning. How much do you guys gross on a typical Saturday night... say 6PM to 2AM? I'm curious because I'm trying to decide if I should drive up the day before and pay for the hotel, or uber in san luis saturday and drive up early sunday morning.

Thank you!

Last edited:

RedoBeach

Fares have declined substantially and consistently since fare cuts, so unless you are able to be very selective in the trips you take, that is a very hard number to estimate accurately. Most drivers here have been forced into full time and more than full time to make any decent money through bonuses added through 100+ trips.

Wish I had better news for you, but that's the honest truth. Where are you coming from?

calpolyslo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey! Thanks for the quick reply. San Luis Obispo... about 90 minutes north of Santa Barbara / 3.5 hours south of SF.

That's bad news about the fares... I'm guessing a decent hotel in the bay is around $170. In SLO I can gross about $100 in 6 hours on a Saturday... so maybe I'm better off staying?

Crocodile

I'm actually interested in this answer myself as I am fairly new and have been asking questions . Be patient, the folks here who have responded are all very cool so far and will help you out.

RedoBeach

I'm actually interested in this answer myself as I am fairly new and have been asking questions . Be patient, the folks here who have responded are all very cool so far and will help you out.
I agree, the drivers in the SF forum can be very helpful and cool.. You're amongst good company here with most!

RedoBeach

Hey! Thanks for the quick reply. San Luis Obispo... about 90 minutes north of Santa Barbara / 3.5 hours south of SF.

That's bad news about the fares... I'm guessing a decent hotel in the bay is around $170. In SLO I can gross about $100 in 6 hours on a Saturday... so maybe I'm better off staying?
You are most welcome.. San Luis Obispo is beautiful! I'm actually from SoCal, so I am familiar. I do think you may able to make some decent money here if they'll qualify you for the hourly guarantee which starts at 10am this Saturday and continues through the night, but I am not sure if they will uphold it for drivers from another area. I had an issue here where they were guaranteeing my SF trips at the LA guarantee rates 6 months after their system had already switched me to SF -almost like it went backwards, it was weird. Assuming that won't be an issue, as long as you are getting 2 pings /hour, you will qualify (SF has a higher trips per hour average than most places).

I didn't drive here last Saturday night for comparison, but if you couldn't make more than $100 I would be very surprised- No doubt you can beat that and hopefully much more for a full night. The biggest challenge is other drivers huddled everywhere looking for the same trips (and the cost of hotel or Airbnb). The rates here I'm guessing are better than where you are currently.

I'll pm you in regards to finding a good deal on a place if you decide to stay overnight.

Attachments

NASCAR1991

Pinole or san pavlo...15 miles from sf.
55 buck's a night.
If you check in friday 5.01 am hotel is yours rest of friday then that sat as well check out friday. So basically 2 today.
4.59 am Friday will only get u that Friday.
Not sure if works for all hotels but works for motel 6 in pinole. 20 miles from sf. 60 bucks with tax. Maybe more if you using it for first time.
My friends from sac do that. They spilt as well.
Creativity is limitless