• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Sat night

pizzaladee

Wasn’t bad for me. Ended early because a ride brought me 10 minutes from home (northern summit county). No sense in driving all the way to Kent or Cleveland again at that time for bar close surge so I called it a night.

McNutt2K10

Wasn’t bad for me. Ended early because a ride brought me 10 minutes from home (northern summit county). No sense in driving all the way to Kent or Cleveland again at that time for bar close surge so I called it a night.
What part of Summit County, Cuyahoga Falls myself?
Post automatically merged:

239 for 8 hrs so I’m happy
Since it's been a while, I obviously haven't heard about your final plight...are you just driving for Lyft or did they ever resolve the issue you had with Uber?

Since I'm easing my way back in, I drove Friday night and things were slow but steady. And last night I was at the Akron Rubber Ducks game with a friend, so it was a good Saturday night.

pizzaladee

What part of Summit County, Cuyahoga Falls myself?

Since it's been a while, I obviously haven't heard about your final plight...are you just driving for Lyft or did they ever resolve the issue you had with Uber?

Since I'm easing my way back in, I drove Friday night and things were slow but steady. And last night I was at the Akron Rubber Ducks game with a friend, so it was a good Saturday night.
Farther north. Twinsburg.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Made 280$ in 11 hours or so. Hit a bad run before the game got out last night. @@@@ed myself hard. Then found a 2:20am ride to Medina. Made 60$ plus 20$ cash since the dudes GF was barfing in one of my barf bags.

Should have just let her puke and collected my 200$ 🥴 but was being nice 😎

Wow, great surge post game that just let out. Literally drove around with 5$ and just couldn’t for the life of me find ANY pings. This 🐜 isn’t having his best week.

pizzaladee

Made 280$ in 11 hours or so. Hit a bad run before the game got out last night. @@@@ed myself hard. Then found a 2:20am ride to Medina. Made 60$ plus 20$ cash since the dudes GF was barfing in one of my barf bags.

Should have just let her puke and collected my 200$ 🥴 but was being nice 😎

Wow, great surge post game that just let out. Literally drove around with 5$ and just couldn’t for the life of me find ANY pings. This 🐜 isn’t having his best week.
I’ve driven with a post game surge for 30 minutes without a ping.

I’ve driven with a post game surge for 30 minutes without a ping.
Makes me feel all kinds of warm inside.

Oh, and don’t forget. That 5$ surge “minimum”, after the surge leaves, it’s just a 5$ add on to any flat rate ride, no matter what.

So glad I won’t be doing this forever. Feel bad for those who don’t have much to fall back on once rideshare REALLY hits the shitter.

Mitch J.

Yea it was kind of a slow week for me. But Friday and Saturday were busier and Wednesday was a good day other than that the week was 👎🏻

Rosalita

Oh, and don’t forget. That 5$ surge “minimum”, after the surge leaves, it’s just a 5$ add on to any flat rate ride, no matter what.

So glad I won’t be doing this forever. Feel bad for those who don’t have much to fall back on once rideshare REALLY hits the shitter.
Once rideshare hits the shitter? You mean it hasn't already? lol

pizzaladee

Not always. Once the surge is gone and you have the sticky surge, yes. If the surge is active and the ride is decent in length it increases
9F2D289D-A455-4C1B-86B4-5C1610CBA4E7.jpeg

I got a ping all the way from the airport in Far East of North Olmsted. Ride was 60 miles as shown. Went to the bloosm Brad Pasiley concert. With the amount of surge, I should have come out with minimum 100$. Nope. Uber straight up highjacking fares. I use to pull in average 350$ EVERY Saturday after the full 12 hours on the clock used. Now I barley pull in 300$ most weeks and that’s IF I get great rides with this shitty surge. I’ve noticed, since the new surge, I’ve found myself driving MORE hours, talking MORE rides, and getting paid less. LMFAO

Was that from Blossom?

Attachments

pizzaladee

Yes. Blossom after the Hootie and the Blowfish concert.

I went there for Brad Paisley as well. As soon as the surge hit I lost reception. Couldn’t get either app to load. Finally able to log on and then had nothing but trouble. 45+ ping, not willing to walk to Steels Corners. Another pax told me they were on Steels Corners but then said “on my way” and then cancelled. I wasted a lot of time there for no money.

The good old days of Blossom multiplier surge.
A01A2EF0-1FCC-4A8C-8A0E-858FAFD3D43D.png

Damn. I was gonna work that too. But I have 3 kids and was super busy that night. Awesome. I’m assuming the crowd off that ride was middle aged or older? Did you take them to Cleveland Heights? Talked to a PAX that spent 200$ on one that night.

pizzaladee

Yes, mostly middle-aged people at Hootie. They promised a big tip once they found out they had to walk down to steels corners. They had such a hard time getting a signal that they didn’t want to risk canceling and trying to find another driver. She stayed true to her word.

The big one with the multiplier surge was last year, the Foo Fighters concert. They went to Euclid Avenue downtown.

Mitch J.

I went there for Brad Paisley as well. As soon as the surge hit I lost reception. Couldn’t get either app to load. Finally able to log on and then had nothing but trouble. 45+ ping, not willing to walk to Steels Corners. Another pax told me they were on Steels Corners but then said “on my way” and then cancelled. I wasted a lot of time there for no money.

The good old days of Blossom multiplier surge. View attachment 341532

The good old days of Blossom multiplier surge. View attachment 341532
You calling $171 in just over an hour on a 34 mile trip trouble? Christ pass me that joint you’re smoking. I wish I can do that and I’m in a different ball game than you.