Sat night

Halfmybrain

Did Uber say, when they changed to flat-fee surges, that they would keep the surge for longer? (Not talking about 'sticky' surge)

After munch break I saw $7.50 surge last night....it was kinda far from me (5-10 minutes) but...I headed that way, app still off. Of course, got about 2/3 of the way and it was $3.25 at which point I just turned on my app.

SatMan

Did Uber say, when they changed to flat-fee surges, that they would keep the surge for longer? (Not talking about 'sticky' surge)

After munch break I saw $7.50 surge last night....it was kinda far from me (5-10 minutes) but...I headed that way, app still off. Of course, got about 2/3 of the way and it was $3.25 at which point I just turned on my app.
It will change ever 2-3 minutes....up or down.........Compulsive Lying .........

Ad nauseam

Let's talk about surges. Lyft. I know a wee little bit about this, and this I know,
1. Momma straight up be tripping. Old school shenanigans. A fake lure surge "appears" near or on me - designed to keep me online and accepting of sketch rides with sketch surge. Best I did was grab 50% when the pink arse lie was pointing 150%.
2. The best way to defeat is a plan. Know where to go and where to be and DF accordingly.

cumonohito

Last night was a good one for me, best overall. Started at 4pm and finished 2am, 30rides total, 16 with surges ranging from $1.75 to $8.25, biggest I saw was about $12. I even caught a $6.75 surge as I got home near Naperville.

DrinkSoda

Particularly on a Friday and Saturday night there can be a correlation between how busy a bar/restaurant is and how much demand there could be. It can be very hit or miss. As evidenced by some of the comments from a service industry group.

Next weekend could be very busy. Derby Day / Cardinals vs Cubs at Wrigley / Canelo vs Jacobs championship fight / Cinco de Mayo. First weekend of May has historically been one of the busiest weekends on the calendar.

Attachments