San Francisco - What are your weekly goals/"pdb" bonuses?

Hi all,

I'm returning to the grind of driving:

What are your current weekly "goals/bonuses" right now?

I'm interested in driving only for Lyft this time around.

Thanks

Anyone?

So are the bonus challenges now handed out on a random basis?

I hear some people get gurantees, others get # of ride bonuses (140 rides = $423 is best I saw) and perhaps one other one.

I think I would be most interested in the 140 rides for $423 but I hear that's not guaranteed any week or ever.

Mista T

Author
Just got this pathetic offer today

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180920-122748.jpg
    Screenshot_20180920-122748.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 124
its not on top, its just if you make less than 315 with 35 trips theyll pay the difference

Oh I see, ya should be making about $10/ride on average (maybe less if you do pools till the cows come home), so that offer just gets people to work harder for theoretically no additional money. What BS.

It's a guarantee......NOT a bonus

Lame like T said
Got it im not used to guarantees, what a load of bull. Uber says,

"We know you will make this amount if you give this many rides anyways, so we'll act like it's a bonus but it's just us telling you to go out there and work, on your dime for our benefit".

Same old Uber bs

jgiun1

I got the same lame guaranteed for this week and weekend.....I haven't seen a good primetime on the weekend or decent drive deal that would make me switch back to lyft.

Attachments

• 02A0996B-006A-49FB-92F2-6DC39FBDA449.jpeg
    02A0996B-006A-49FB-92F2-6DC39FBDA449.jpeg
    50.2 KB · Views: 79
Found this on a Reddit post from 5 days ago - $355 for 160 is a lot of rides, that's 7 days in the car with lyft!

"Was offered a bonus goal two weeks ago and then nothing the following week. This week the bonus goal is back again.

In SF it’s $155 for 107 rides, $255 for 140, $355 for 160.

I’ve reached the 160 rides twice and made a total of around $1500-1600. Most weeks I’m only able to reach the 140 go"

I got the same lame guaranteed for this week and weekend.....I haven't seen a good primetime on the weekend or decent drive deal that would make me switch back to lyft.

So isn't your goal to hit M-Th hard with about 1k coming in, then just do 35 rides on Friday and call it a week? Prob about the best one could do.

jgiun1

Found this on a Reddit post from 5 days ago - $355 for 160 is a lot of rides, that's 7 days in the car with lyft!

"Was offered a bonus goal two weeks ago and then nothing the following week. This week the bonus goal is back again.

I’ve reached the 160 rides twice and made a total of around $1500-1600. Most weeks I’m only able to reach the 140 go"

That's crazy and a hell a lot of rides... Way too many rides.....sounds more like car and driver abuse with a dangling carrot.

I remembered the good Ole days of 20% bonus on your gross pay....60-70 rides and you'll already beat the 140 ride scam.

So isn't your goal to hit M-Th hard with about 1k coming in, then just do 35 rides on Friday and call it a week? Prob about the best one could do.

hitting hard on weekends pays more here on Uber than chasing guarantee

That's crazy and a hell a lot of rides... Way too many rides.....sounds more like car and driver abuse with a dangling carrot.

I remembered the good Ole days of 20% bonus on your gross pay....60-70 rides and you'll already beat the 140 ride scam.
Ya it's slave labor. I'm going to hardcore it for 1 month in a rental save up and buy my own vehicle. I plan to switch out of driving before end of the year anyway.

So you find straight Uber more profitable these days? I just hate the company.

jgiun1

Ya it's slave labor. I'm going to hardcore it for 1 month in a rental save up and buy my own vehicle. I plan to switch out of driving before end of the year anyway.

So you find straight Uber more profitable these days? I just hate the company.

In my market Yes.....lyft from 2016 and half way through 17 was great....now barely any prime time....there's weekends where uber about 1.9x and Lyft trying to send you into var districts at flat rates (which I'm sure has some upfront high cost to pax)

hitting hard on weekends pays more here.

I hate weekends though lol peoples attitudes are worse, I like M-F commute people just makes for nicer time in car usually

In my market Yes
You're in San Francisco?

jgiun1

I hate weekends though lol peoples attitudes are worse, I like M-F commute people just makes for nicer time in car usually

You're in San Francisco?

No.....but we can relate to each other.....we are both up there with the bars/restaurants per capita, we just have way cheaper rent and no pool rides .....lol

No.....but we can relate to each other.....we are both up there with the bars per capita, we just have way cheaper rent.....lol
Ya but people don't party too late here, shit all closes at 2 mostly, still rides after that but it slows down.

Commute traffic is gueanteed and usually goes in one of two directions, so I like the predictability. I found I didn't make more money on weekends as yes there are lots of rides but it's more spread out.

No.....but we can relate to each other.....we are both up there with the bars/restaurants per capita, we just have way cheaper rent and no pool rides .....lol

No pools? Wtf, everywhere should be this

In my market Yes.....lyft from 2016 and half way through 17 was great....now barely any prime time....there's weekends where uber about 1.9x and Lyft trying to send you into var districts at flat rates (which I'm sure has some upfront high cost to pax)
2016 was when I started working for Lyft. Yes, it was pretty good. I stopped driving for a little while due to a move and a new job. Now that I started driving again, I've seen what a rip off Lyft has become. I'm lucky. I live in a tourist town. There are no bonuses here but there are very few drivers. During the week there is nothing. All my driving is done on the weekends. In two days, I can make around $250.00 - $330.00 bucks. $400.00 if I hustle and Lyft doesn't mysteriously shut me down. If I keep driving, I'm going to have to start driving for Uber too. Lyft has become to unreliable.

No bonus offer for the past 2 weeks.
Hey okay are you in San Francisco?

2016 was when I started working for Lyft. Yes, it was pretty good. I stopped driving for a little while due to a move and a new job. Now that I started driving again, I've seen what a rip off Lyft has become. I'm lucky. I live in a tourist town. There are no bonuses here but there are very few drivers. During the week there is nothing. All my driving is done on the weekends. In two days, I can make around $250.00 - $330.00 bucks. $400.00 if I hustle and Lyft doesn't mysteriously shut me down. If I keep driving, I'm going to have to start driving for Uber too. Lyft has become to unreliable.

Hey okay are you in San Francisco