San Francisco declares state of emergency over coronavirus

tohunt4me

The motherland is preparing for an outbreak. Will the ants continue to work under these circumstances? Will enough ants stay off the app long enough to create a constant surge for those ants who do decide to risk their life? Will Uber even offer them the surge or keep the extra earning themselves?
Perhaps
It can infect Both the Uber & Lyft Corporate Offices !
Screenshot_2020-02-26-15-38-27.png
Screenshot_2020-02-26-15-38-54.png

Last edited:

Cold Fusion

The motherland is preparing for an outbreak. Will the ants continue to work under these circumstances? Will enough ants stay off the app long enough to create a constant surge for those ants who do decide to risk their life? Will Uber even offer them the surge or keep the extra earning themselves?
Ants have No choice.
Drive = roof over head & food.
No Drive = ⤵

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
Bay Area Representing 🙋‍♀️. They should let us work from home until this situation is clear. I volunteer as tribute.
View attachment 421406
What a beautiful Gif. I miss the Bay Area and that puuurty bridge, but in all seriousness, in crowded, condensed cities like SF and much of New York, having employees work from home could significantly reduce the amount of human contact, and with that the ability to spread any virus going around.

VanGuy

What a beautiful Gif. I miss the Bay Area and that puuurty bridge, but in all seriousness, in crowded, condensed cities like SF and much of New York, having employees work from home could significantly reduce the amount of human contact, and with that the ability to spread any virus going around.
I could see that from a virus perspective, and even a pollution perspective, but I've seen first hand a couple offices that did it for cost cutting since seats=$$ and the whole office culture goes down the crapper when they do.

Nobody wants to participate in team events, go out for a couple beer, or anything that requires pants once they start working from home. :frown:

Mkang14

It really would. Even now when we are sick my boss says wfh until your better. No point in everyone spreading germs to each other. I think WFH due to this virus is going to happen once we get a confirmed case out of SF.

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
It really would. Even now when we are sick my boss says wfh until your better. No point in getting others sick and everyone spreading germs to each other. I think WFH due to this virus is going to happen.
Especially with these office jobs and their "circulated air." We are all just sitting here breathing each other's breath. Even with that guy who sits over there......yeah....we know that guy. Every job has one. The "Mouth Rinse Is Same as Brushing Teeth Guy." The same one who wears his socks inside out the next day and calls them clean again.

That guy.

PS...I'm side eyeing him now....:cautious:

VanGuy

Especially with these office jobs and their "circulated air." We are all just sitting here breathing each other's breath. Even with that guy who sits over there......yeah....we know that guy. Every job has one. The "Mouth Rinse Is Same as Brushing Teeth Guy." The same one who wears his socks inside out the next day and calls them clean again.

That guy.

PS...I'm side eyeing him now....:cautious:
If you don't know who that guy is in your office, you're the guy.

Looks around, craaaaap. :smiles: