• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

San Diego drivers to protest cheaper fares, DC drivers com·pla·cent

In San Diego County, where Uber has roughly 12,000 drivers and 545,000 riders, UberX drivers currently make 90 cents per mile during non-peak hours.
Cheaper Uber rides are proving to be the opposite of a good deal for some.
A contingent of drivers for the app-based ride-hail company plan to protest recently implemented fare discounts they believe have simultaneously slashed wages.

MORE: http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2016/jan/14/uber-drivers-protest-fares-san-diego/

Amy Robbins

DC drivers aren't complacent, just lazy. they all "type" about injustice but do NOTHING.
Uber knows they can lower fares to 10 cents a mile and DC drivers will support the company
and its decisions but "type" about unfairness.
DC Metro Drivers = The Company Sheep

D"icy"K

Yeah, I'm jonsing for a ping, but I did not go out last night and I'm not going out tonight. I'm not dependent on uber income, just like to drive and get out of the house. I hope by not going out the uber dependent drivers might make more money. I just don 't understand how uber can cut driver's income like they have and not suffer legal consequences. What they have done in Detroit is criminal. Rates should go never go anywhere but up. It is
corporate greed, nothing more, nothing less. I will go out and take an occasional ride, just to stay activated.

Red Dodge

Not all. Because of how I do mine I'm nit really working for less. As I'm driving around in general I would check. If there was anything good I'd go online and see what's up. Since this new shinnanigans I haven't been out at all. Even though I mainly stick to Maryland and that small part of Alexandria that doesn't have pool. If somebody want to organize an angry protest invite me I'm down.

GlobalGramma

Yeah, I'm jonsing for a ping, but I did not go out last night and I'm not going out tonight. I'm not dependent on uber income, just like to drive and get out of the house. I hope by not going out the uber dependent drivers might make more money. I just don 't understand how uber can cut driver's income like they have and not suffer legal consequences. What they have done in Detroit is criminal. Rates should go never go anywhere but up. It is
corporate greed, nothing more, nothing less. I will go out and take an occasional ride, just to stay activated.
the Detroit rates are pure exploitation. Detroit drivers should quit driving, period. I drive a Prius. At $1.50 / per mile and $.30 per minute, I have been averaging $15/hr GROSS. That is before I deduct the wear & tear & cost of my vehicle at $.59 per mile. And on many long hauls, I have to drive all the way back to town center with no fare... so I am not clearing much more than $10/hr. So while I drive in a city other than Detroit, I am not driving while the rates have been reduced in January in my city.

D"icy"K

DC drivers aren't complacent, just lazy. they all "type" about injustice but do NOTHING.
Uber knows they can lower fares to 10 cents a mile and DC drivers will support the company
and its decisions but "type" about unfairness.
DC Metro Drivers = The Company Sheep
Hi Amy, you look pretty smug sitting in your brand new Prius (?) Bethesda, huh! It seems you might be bored housewife making extra money for new
yoga pants. I would be curious as to how often you drive and how long. What is your usual fare/hour earnings on your weekly summary?