• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

San Antonio Thread

MikeNY

I see the San Antonio thread is pretty quiet compared to other cities.
Is it the language barrier like the fact that majority of San Antonio are Hispanic speakers?

MHR

No, language barrier is not the factor. The majority of people and drivers in SA speak English. I read that, at last count, native Spanish speakers only make up 35% of the population and that still doesn’t mean they don’t speak English as well.

I personally think it’s because there are several, very large, very active Facebook groups for that area.

And honestly, driving that area is a lot different than driving in many of the large cities that I see discussed in the forums. We don’t have pool, we don’t have endless pings every day that allow us to be terribly picky, our airport is not as horrible as some areas, we don’t have a central business district, everything is spread out all over, there’s not a whole lot of discussion about how horrible the pax are, our per mile rate has always sucked and surge only happens during events.

I don’t know, it’s just different.

MikeNY

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I deleted Facebook in 2017, Oh well that's a bummer.
Dreading signing back onto FB but may do so if you have a link or a group name I'd appreciate it.

In my humble opinion, pool and surge aren't that exciting.
SA per mile rate is low imagine how much lower Uber Pool would be.
Surge, unless you're at the location already getting in and out would sometimes defeat the excitement. Can take 20 to 30 min extra in high surge areas.

I might add that SA will probably change in the next 5 years due to Texas becoming a destination that is business friendly. Austin and Houston is booming and San Antonio with the right leadership and will can open the lead.

satxsatx

Uber SA office told me, last week, for uberx

$0.88 / minute

$0.6225 / mile

I made Pleasanton trip, 45 miles about 60 min, I got $36

but by the Uber SA rates above, should have been $88

same with a 21 mile / 22 min trip across SA, I got $17, not $32

If nobody here knows whats's going on, I'll go back to Uber SA office for explanation

MHR

The minute rate of $0.88 is incorrect.

It’s $0.1275 per minute.

Your payout for the trip is correct.

Uber SA office told me, last week, for uberx

$0.88 / minute

$0.6225 / mile

I made Pleasanton trip, 45 miles about 60 min, I got $36

but by the Uber SA rates above, should have been $88

same with a 21 mile / 22 min trip across SA, I got $17, not $32

If nobody here knows whats's going on, I'll go back to Uber SA office for explanation

MHR

New Year's Eve Quest? Any suggestions as far as drop-offs/pick ups?
I honestly have no idea. Check on social media or Google and see what big events are going on. I’m sure you could hit it if you do downtown, but at what cost? Traffic, pukers, the occasional jackarse.

Every bar and hotel across the state will have something going on.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Complaints 45
Terri Lee San Antonio 11
Noble Ape San Antonio 6