• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

San Antonio - Any word on Lyft or Uber

Preevyet

Lyft is doing a 9 month pilot program so wouldn't expect Uber to officially operate until after that, which should be about May 2016.

delock51

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How come? "Nirenberg said he hopes to have a pilot program for Uber underway soon." Since the Lyft program got approved, this also allows Uber to follow in as long as their agreement is similar/same to Lyft's. It doesn't make sense from a business stand point to allow Lyft to dominate to market here and then come back a year later. I'm under the impression they're still waiting for the green light to go back on immediately. "If an agreement could be reached, operations could start in as little as 6 hours after the arrangement" -Larson. Unless you heard something different from another source :0 ?

Preevyet

I just inferred that time frame from the news, they said something about Lyft's trial period and how Uber would then be allowed. We all know the trick to getting picked up around the non-city points, but it's very iffy during the week.

The 6-hour statement was from a while ago that said if (UBER) reaches a deal in that meeting with city officials, they could begin in "6 hours". But the city said FBI background checks and Uber refused and I guess Lyft said yes so that's where we are.

delock51

I have my fingers crossed that Lyft (and hopefully by then Uber) will begin at the start of september

delock51

They both still operate around Bexar county, but even here where its not allowed, I also have seen the red surge, but we're not allowed for pick ups

APP

Do you guys know when is Lyft starting its operation in San Antonio, since they already got green light from the city.

APP

I am guessing Lyft will officially Launch its operation starting January 2016 in San Antonio

APP

they are so quite on this, i don't know why....??? do you have any idea on when..??? i emailed them but no answer.

delock51

Remember, the entire program got approved on the 13th. Its been 2 weeks or so. I take it they are still working on the development of the new integration of the City approved background checks for the app. I'm expecting any day now to read something about it on the news. However, it would also not surprise me if they decide to begin operations 2 months from now just because of their negotiations with the city. Who knows to what they agreed to? I'm sure they already know the date, but are keeping it amongst themselves.

GTDub

So... We don't know when we start being allowed to drive in SA? Or does it hinge on the fingerprint thing? If that's it, where do I go to get that done and why it that the issue?

Yugotrobbed

I got email from Uber today asking why I wasn't driving in san antonio. It's an extremely busy market. I emailed back asking about the restrictions and where could I possibly drive in san Antonio. They replied that downtown was the busiest area. No reply when I asked why the app doesn't work in that area. Lol

GTDub

Yes... The "savvy" UBER riders have to pick an address in Shavano Park... Everyone else shows UBER NOT AVAILABLE... San Antonio is not a good market for drivers... May have to give it up till its fixed

delock51

I agree. As soon as it comes back "which sources say will be imminent" the cash will start flowing in again. I remember I was up to around 460 a week when it was still here (San Antonio)