Same loooong ping....

LevelX

God what a afternoon, should have done my usual morning, but did a afternoon today. Was out 'east' and kept getting LOOOOONG pings, all 15+ mins, mostly in the 20-25 min range, the best was 28 mins! :rolleyes:

What really pissed me off, was the same requester, who I'm guessing couldn't get a driver, kept requesting a Uber. Their pings had been in the 18-22 min range from me. I kept ignoring them, but of course I got knocked out of the system a few times because of this. I seen the same request come up 4 times! I even had a job in the middle of a couple of the requests (lots of requests ping'd out today)! Thats how long they had been trying for.

Also why is Uber giving me the same job request again, when I ignored it the first time and its now a LONGER ping!?

What a joke..... To top it off, I'm like, gee shouldn't that area be surging now, as there is DEMAND but no SUPPLY. But nope, no surge at all.

Its a joke Uber, get you're crap together. You need to either surge these jobs, or bring in a increased 'booking' fee for the driver to travel there on high ETAs. Travelling 10+ mins for a job of unknown value, is not anywhere near profitable.

Last edited:

Digaredd

Had a similar thing yesterday, 20 min ping to what looked like Hastings train station. I ignored it twice, went offline for 5 mins and same job again when I went back online, then again 2 mins later! There were 2 other cars near me that must have been doing the same thing, haha!

LevelX

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Look I get there people need a 'ride', sucks to be stuck at the train station.... BUT in your example if 3 cars are ignoring it as its too far, then Hello..... SURGE the job out. If the pax is willing to pay a surge rate, then a driver might be willing to drive a distance to get them.

At the end of the day, these 'tiny' trips (as we all know it will be a tiny trip) will only be $14 on a 2x surge for their $7 trip :wink:

I looked at this one job today, in the middle of no where looking by the map. I guessed highly likely just getting a 'trip into town' , aka shopping center or the station as no buses out there, and it is school holidays. Not worth driving 20 mins, to pick them up to drive back paid 20 mins.... Thats for sure!

Sorry Uber, but if after 20 mins of no one taking up the job and timing out, or ACRO'd by drivers, its time to surge that job out at 2x.

ScottieB

I got a email from Uber today about me not acceppting long pings, they told me that as a Uber Partner I am required to accept every request regardless of the distance to the pick up point, its then up to the rider to cancel if they don't want to wait that long. I replied HELLO its up to me to decide how fuel I want to waste getting to the pick up point to then do a NON profitable trip. If WE all stick to our guns and keep only accepting the shorter pings they will wake up as riders get cheesed off with no one accepting them

LevelX

Meh, those reviews are not too bad.... only 3 bad reviews each company. Which is nothing. People only go to the internet to complain! So 6 bad reviews in the last 2 years at least, isn't too bad.... When you think how many trips they have done.

I did laugh at this

For a total trip of 5.2km, with absolutely no traffic, I was charged $25.

It would have been quicker, and certainly cheaper, had we walked.

hahah oh you poor lady.... Why didn't you walk then?

Anyhow, with Uber that would have been $5 .20 for KM, plus $2 booking fee, and lets say 20 mins in the Uber, so $6.40 for time... for a massive total of $13.60... haha I pity that poor driver who accepted the 30 min ping for that one :wink:

nearly an hours work for $11 after Uber fee

Last edited:

LevelX

I got a email from Uber today about me not acceppting long pings, they told me that as a Uber Partner I am required to accept every request regardless of the distance to the pick up point, its then up to the rider to cancel if they don't want to wait that long. I replied HELLO its up to me to decide how fuel I want to waste getting to the pick up point to then do a NON profitable trip. If WE all stick to our guns and keep only accepting the shorter pings they will wake up as riders get cheesed off with no one accepting them
Oh crap really? Well my acceptance on the last report ever sent out was 70%, this week its going to be a lot lower. I let a lot of pings go for being over 10 mins today. Just got no time for that crap. drive 28 mins, for a 'station' job.... So a whole ~$5 in my pocket for 40 mins work. haha used more in fuel.

I'm with you, its my choice if I want to drive 30 mins to do a ping and I will be sticking to my guns and saying no. If they complain, I'll be show me the stats please. I accept ALL jobs under 10 mins ETA, and some just over this. The ones missed are unprofitable jobs 15+ mins away.

My limit is 10 mins, and in the burbs, 10 mins is a good distance IMHO. I've sometimes taken 11 or even 12 mins if its on the way I want to go. ie heading to xyz area, and its a 12 min ping in front of me in that direction. So why not, as its the area I'm heading into for 'jobs'. Most are 4-8 mins.

I am required to accept every request regardless of the distance to the pick up point, its then up to the rider to cancel if they don't want to wait that long
Fine... I'll accept and get stuck in traffic. The rider will have to cancel then when I don't get there and get charged $10 when they cancel after 5 mins from booking. hahaha yes that will go down well won't it.

Lets not waste their time, their money or my time accepting a ping thats so far away. Cause I won't be driving 28 mins like the ping I got today. So what will happen is the rider will cancel after 'waiting' so long, and then get slugged $10. Who will then complain to uber about it!

Its a joke. Surge the job or slap a surcharge on it for being a 'long distance' job.

UXDriver

Post up the email Scottie

Level X

No more email reports so you can't track your acceptance....

Homebrand Taxi

Balls of steel. Uber tells drivers that you are required to accept long pick ups while "forgetting" that you are being paid 30% less than you were 12 months ago for doing so. We've probably all had the 20 min drive to pick up a passenger at a station for a fare that ends up being $4.80. That is called a freebie. No more.

ScottieB

Heres the email

Thanks for reaching out and providing feedback.

We have contacted you previously regarding the proportion of requests you accept on the Uber platform. Being online with the Uber application means being willing to accept and complete trips.

In order to ensure the Uber system continues to run smoothly, we will log you off the system for 2 minutes if you ignore three trip requests in row, as we will take this as an indication that you no longer wish to be online. If you change your mind and want to go back online, you will be able to do so after 2 minutes.

We believe the greatest opportunity we can offer you is to maximise the number of fares you take home. By accepting more trips you will be able to increase the number of fares you take home and therefore maximise your weekly payments. Please remember that by accepting so few trips you are also creating a poor experience for riders. This kind of experience makes it less likely that riders will use Uber again, which can mean less opportunities for you in the long term.

We also think it is important to use the app in a way that is fair other partner-drivers. By accepting so few requests you are increasing the ETAs for your fellow partner-drivers. When you receive a trip request you are always the closest available partner to that rider. By not accepting, the request is pushed to the next partner who will have further to travel.

We strongly recommend you go offline when you are not in a position to complete requests to maintain a good experience for riders and your fellow partner-drivers.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if I could help you with anything else.

UXDriver

Still a generic email :smiles:

By accepting more trips you will be able to increase the number of fares you take home and therefore maximise your weekly payments.

Hahahahah
Hahahahaha

Sure

UXDriver

Balls of steel. Uber tells drivers that you are required to accept long pick ups while "forgetting" that you are being paid 30% less than you were 12 months ago for doing so. We've probably all had the 20 min drive to pick up a passenger at a station for a fare that ends up being $4.80. That is called a freebie. No more.
Once and never again

LevelX

No more email reports so you can't track your acceptance....
Yep... its why I said "last report ever sent out was 70%" and I don't really care what my acceptance rate is anymore...... It is what it is.....

We've probably all had the 20 min drive to pick up a passenger at a station for a fare that ends up being $4.80. That is called a freebie. No more.
Its worst than freebie, $4.80 - GST = $4.36 fare... So its costing me money! My time 'isn't free', running a car, wear/tear etc for a 20 mins ETA ping and min trip is going to be more than $4.36 :/

By accepting so few requests you are increasing the ETAs for your fellow partner-drivers.
Umm HELLO UBER, this is the number 1 reason why I DON'T accept requests.......

By not accepting, the request is pushed to the next partner who will have further to travel.
I pity the fool that does accept the job then.....

UXDriver

https://www.uber.com/legal/deactivation-policy/anz-en/

Cancels are now bad

What leads to deactivation? Each city has a maximum cancellation rate. You may receive notifications if your cancellation rate is higher than the city maximum, after which you may not be able to go online with the Uber partner app for a short period of time. If your cancellation rate continues to exceed the maximum limit, your Uber partner account may be deactivated after multiple notifications.

Let as many time out as you want :smiles:

On Acceptance Rates: High acceptance rates are a critical part of reliable, high-quality service, but not accepting trip requests does not lead to deactivation.

LevelX

Let as many time out as you want :smiles:
Yep, one of the UberEats only drivers was reporting today they got the mini 2 min ban for ACRO'ing 3 jobs in a row, Which seems to be 'new' and is just like the time out now. Miss 3 in a row, and you get a 2 min mini ban for being 'bad'.

At least you'll get multiple notifications before being deactivated. IF it comes to this, then you know what Uber? It will mean LESS drivers in the outer burbs. I myself, will stay offline and then scoot halfway into the city before I go 'online', so I won't get high ping times.

So a worse service for your outer customers, as I won't be online to accept jobs up to 10 mins and 10 mins in the BURBS is a pretty big area. You're loss, not mine...

UXDriver

Well ACROs were never mentioned until the latest update yesterday

Oh well i can let them time out then

Ubers loss not mine