1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Safety toolkit feature?

Discussion in 'Notifications' started by Daisey77, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Daisey77

Daisey77

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I must admit, I don't know if this is a new future that's been recently added but there's a safety tool kit button in the bottom left corner. It's for drivers to share our location and an emergency Panic 9-1-1 button. Now the 911 button is definitely welcomed. However, it doesn't explain how it works or how to activate it. It does tell you how to share your location but it does not address the 9-1-1 button. Clearly pushing that button doesn't actually activate 911 cuz I've pressed it a few times, trying to figure out how to use it LOL

20180828_131139.png

2. Z129

Z129 Moderator

Pushing that button just reveals the words "Safety Toolkit" on my phone and that's it. It did have the share location and 911 options, but the app updated yesterday and apparently they disabled the safety toolkit for me.

Daisey77 likes this.
  3. Whatever

Whatever

Maybe it only works when you are on a ride????????

Daisey77 likes this.
  4. Daisey77

Daisey77

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Ah ha . . . perhaps we are the wayward children? Mine doesn't do anything either:(
    Ooohhh good call! but only on trips with passengers 4.8 and above :confused: you know cuz Uber's way of thinking is exact opposite of logical lol

Z129 likes this.
  5. Trafficat

Trafficat Moderator

I am afraid I might accidentally butt dial 911 while at the gas station convenience store with Uber app running on the phone in my back pocket.

Daisey77 and SibeRescueBrian like this.