• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

safety inspection?

cheesewhiz

Hello. I've been driving Uber in Savannah for about six months now. The other night I tried to log on the app and found a prompt saying that I had documents that were either missing or expired. When I clicked, it said my "safety inspection" was missing.

Anyone know what this is? Is it new? I'm sure I didn't upload one before. Where is the best/cheapest place to have it done?

Thanks in advance.

JimS

You should not need a safety inspection to operate just in Georgia. If you've had a pick up in South Carolina, you are required to get a SC inspection done within 30 days to continue picking up in SC.

Fighting Uber over their requirement, however, is very futile. You're best off just to nod and say "OK" and get it done and send it in.

Print out a form here: https://help.uber.com/h/6bf626ef-aec0-4d94-9739-e8cd3d7c12b3

I made an appointment with Tires Plus on Abercorn and they were done within an hour.

cheesewhiz

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you for the response JimS. I was away from my computer for a few days.
If you don't mind my asking, roughly how much did it cost?

Jeff1205

I just relocated from Jersey to south east Georgia. I was approved within 4 hours of my new city but it says that I am missing safety inspection. When I lived in Jersey I had to go to Pep Boys in PA to get a pen dot inspection to drive in PA. Is there a certain company that does inspections for Uber in Georgia?

Sariandan

I know I put this in another thread, but someone may stumble on this one, instead. NTB, on Parris Island Gateway, in Beaufort will do Uber and Lyft inspection, for $10. Takes about 20 minutes, if they're not busy. Just got mine done a couple of days ago. I don't know about any of the other NTBs in the area.