1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Safety fee or rider fee

Discussion in 'Los Angeles & Orange County' started by quan cam, Sep 13, 2015.

1. quan cam

quan cam

I am new Uber driver, it is my part time job, so far i drive 3 days, i just take a look on my statement, Uber charge passenger (rider fee) for 1 dollar, but on our (drivers) apps, it was safety fee. I would like to know on statement and our apps or website have different name for 1 fee?

I know this fee does not effect my payout, but i still want to know.

One more question is about the tips, on Uber website stated no need to tips because Uber is not transportation provider, that's true, but we, Uber driver are transportation providers, so do Uber must have to say no need to tips all the time?

What your opinion?

2. CaptainJackLA

CaptainJackLA

Driving:
    UberX
    same thing, it's supposed to be for whatever it takes on insurance and other things to make sure it's SAFE....it's all BS...but we are not charged, only the rider. it's dumb

3. frndthDuvel

frndthDuvel

Driving:
    UberX
    Say " Thank you very much"

NH_Uber_Driver likes this.
  4. :)Quan , welcome to Uber driving and this forum ,, you can read past posts to find most of the questions you 'll have.. When you figure out why Uber does what Uber does you can explain it to us:D

5. UberComic

UberComic

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    UberX used to have a base fare that they conveniently got rid of at the same time they brought out the safe rider fee. Basically it's a way for Uber to collect more money on each fare. They've already stated that the money doesn't go towards additional insurance. Supposedly it goes towards training drivers, but the only training drivers get is the same old YouTube video that promotes the fantasy of drivers opening doors, giving out water, and refusing tips. I'm surprised it doesn't report that Santa Claus is real. All you need to know about the safe rider fee is they probably just use it to get hookers and blow for the office.

6. quan cam

quan cam

Thank you, it is my part time job, i just figured out that i drive about 7-8 hrs, i only got 90 bucks after deducted gasoline cost, it's acceptable for me cause i only drive in saturday and sunday.

i am applying Lyft to try, let's see how Lyft works out for me, is it better than Uber? any tips from you guys are appreciate!!!

7. jaimeritchie

jaimeritchie

Driving:
    UberX
    they say it doesnt effect ur pay but like hell it does. ive got the email to prove it. they get 20% plus $1.

jrboy and quan cam like this.
  8. quan cam

quan cam

that is what i thought.....

9. Ububu

Ububu

quan cam likes this.
  10. UberFrolic

UberFrolic

Driving:
    UberX
    Uber charges passenger this "safety fee" and takes $1 out of every ride from YOU also. 1+1= $2 they pocket off of every ride you do.

They actually used to give you the "safety fee" in the past. Because if you didn't get into an accident uber actually rewarded. Now you don't get JACK ****

jrboy likes this.
  11. quan cam

quan cam

If we receive that $1, that's almost help us cover gasoline cost.

jaimeritchie likes this.
  12. jaimeritchie

jaimeritchie

Driving:
    UberX
    atleast half, yup

13. quan cam

quan cam

i used to be messenger, the delivery fare change every time base on gasoline price, does Uber does samething?

14. jaimeritchie

jaimeritchie

Driving:
    UberX
  15. haji

haji

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    driver rip off

16. It s too late, we have the head inside already.

17. NH_Uber_Driver

NH_Uber_Driver

Driving:
    UberX
    Do not turn down tips that would be insane. You can get deactivated for asking for them though if the pax complains to uber. No part of the Uber fare is a tip to the driver. Sect 4 Par 4 http://t.co/tBQ6EylShP