1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership.

Sacto UberAssist - what is it ?

Discussion in 'Sacramento' started by Sacto Burbs, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Sacto Burbs

Sacto Burbs

Driving:
    UberX
    RobGivesYourDrunkGfRidesRobGivesYourDrunkGfRides What is UberAssist and how does one qualify ? Sounds like it was created to dodge the ADA lawsuits.

Great username by the way.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  2. ChrisH66

ChrisH66

Uber contacts the drivers they want to be Assist drivers. I got contacted by them, watched some videos, took a quiz, and was approved.
    As for as what it is? Google is your friend.

3. Sacto Burbs

Sacto Burbs

Driving:
    UberX
    You must have high ratings. thanks. But you don't make any more money Same as X prices. Does it surge more? What is the upside?

4. ChrisH66

ChrisH66

As far as I can tell so far there is no upside. These calls come from much further away most of the time then normal calls. And I have not had one that is a surge.

Devo likes this.
  5. Sacto Burbs

Sacto Burbs

Driving:
    UberX
    Just a way to funnel litegeous ADA pax to the best drivers, with no sweetner for you.

6. ChrisH66

ChrisH66

Pretty much, I actually regret I signed up for it. It's more of a distraction than anything else.

7. RobGivesYourDrunkGfRides

RobGivesYourDrunkGfRides

Driving:
    UberX
    Sorry had the last two weeks off. Yah Uber assist gets offered if you are highly rated but kills my acceptance rate. All the rides are far from me and there can be a surge in the area and it doesn't charge them a surge price. I'm pretty sure uber won't charge them a surge to avoid bad pub. I plan on bs'ing my way out of assist this weekend I'm over it. I always get an assist at the worst time.

grams777 and Sacto Burbs like this.
  8. ChrisH66

ChrisH66

Same here, my experience has been the same. It is the choice between making money and helping someone out. Business wise it makes no sense.

grams777 and Sacto Burbs like this.
  9. Ian wood

Ian wood

Hell nooooo

Attached Files:

10. JaniceCT

JaniceCT

its for drivers that actually have compassion for people who need some help. if taking some extra time to help a rider in need is not your thing then don't sign up

11. ChrisH66

ChrisH66

Wow... So you're saying because I don't want to lose money going 5 miles out of my way being sure there will never be a surge is having a lack of compassion?

Listen lady I show compassion in my life on a daily basis. When I get in that car and turn on that app I do that for one reason and one reason only. To make as much money as I possibly can so I can get out of the car.

If you would like to spend that time losing money for the sake of compassion? Go for it. As for me I will get as much money as I possibly can.

RudyG likes this.
  12. JaniceCT

JaniceCT

Not only do you not have compassion, you seem heartless too. Or maybe just cold hearted. Heaven forbid you help a disabled person cause you have to drive few miles more or lose a few dollars

13. ChrisH66

ChrisH66

You won't be driving long.

RudyG and Sacto Burbs like this.