Sac Pax Rating- Team

AJUber

TEAM.........
Together
Everyone
Achieves
More

Ok so i thought we come together and Rank the Pax alot of new drivers out there are killing me giving everyone 5 stars and they dont deserve it. So maybe they just dont know better so we are here to provide a guide as a team.

1* - you truly feel for whatever reason this Pax should not be allowed to use Uber anymore. You better have a good reason too becuz Uber looks into 1*.

2* I truly never use this.

3* ok so this is for Riders that dont Tip or made you come 10 minutes to take them 4 blocks. Any rider that doesn't Tip and goes a distance so short there fare under 8$ gets this rating by me. Plain and simple.

4* do not really ever use this

5* anyone that tips period!!! I dont care the amount. Any Ride where the fare was over 10$ it was worth the ride, your time.

Hope this helps please tell me your comments or if we need to tweak this at all. But if everyone gets on The same page : together we achieve more

TEAM.

AJUber

Really? I look at every pax rating before picking them up. I have seen a pax rated at 4.0 and decided not to pick them up. Tjos is what the rating system is for . Use it

AJUber

If you are one of those drivers that picks up everyone no matter what, its all good. Im not mad at you. But when the pax rates you low or does something to waste your time. Remember this conversation. Im here to guide and educate so we all do better. So is a pax rated at 3* wants that ride i am probaly not coming for him, but ur more than welcome too. You need to watch out for your self becuz Uber and the Pax is not

ecmic

If you are one of those drivers that picks up everyone no matter what, its all good. Im not mad at you. But when the pax rates you low or does something to waste your time. Remember this conversation. Im here to guide and educate so we all do better. So is a pax rated at 3* wants that ride i am probaly not coming for him, but ur more than welcome too. You need to watch out for your self becuz Uber and the Pax is not

A good thing to remember also is that passengers with ratings that end on .0 or .5 are probably newer riders that don't have the benefit of a large sample size of ratings. Even one ornery driver could severely harm these riders' ratings.

Knowing this, I'd be much more inclined to pick up a passenger whose rating is 3.0, as opposed to a passenger whose rating is, say, 3.48.

berserk42

Really? I look at every pax rating before picking them up. I have seen a pax rated at 4.0 and decided not to pick them up. Tjos is what the rating system is for . Use it
Based on how people rate here, yes, really. Some rate 1 star if no tip. Some rate 1 star for closing the door a little too hard, etc, etc.

AJUber

Trust me Berserk when i say if Uber drivers are using a 1* on petty stuff. They will not be Uber drivers for long. UBER looks into and investigate all 1* ratings. Like riders and passengers alike there always a few bad ones and they will be weeded out.

K Smith

I give 1's all the time and have received no comment or feedback from Uber. I've given 3-5 (1*) per week for the last year for everything from:
1. A guy jumping into the front seat after I specifically told him to sit in the back.
2. A business guy threatening me by suggesting he sends Uber a nasty gram all the time on drivers who don't follow his instructions
3. Constantly cursing, whether we are having a conversation, two or more people are conversing, or while a pax is on the phone
4. One lady wanted to sit in traffic for 40 minutes when an alternate route would have saved 30 minutes because she thinks Uber drivers are trying to pad the miles
5. While I call a pax and introduce myself they cut me off rudely and ask "Where are you?" without saying Hi or answering my initial question(s)
...to name a few

I'm not a bit threatened by Uber reviewing the 1's I give out - just like I'm not worried about the emails I receive saying my acceptance rate is low.

AJUber

Why maybe 2 out of 5 maybe. Think your judging pretty heavy on the riders there.
I would like to see your acceptance and star ratings report .

Sacto Burbs

If they are not 4.8 I do'nt pick them up. I don't need the agrivation. my driving life is now calm and serene and my last ratings report showed 19 out of 20 5 star ratings

I Drive for fun, and once I learned how to skip requests my driving life is fabulous, & I am getting longer rides, but fewer of them. Last week I went down town twice and sat for an hour and a half each time. 100% of the rides were from five star passengers, & I turned them all down. No money, it's true, but no aggravation either.

and I've had the pleasure of giving all 5 star ratings to my passengers, all except one, who was very nice but ordered Uber X 5 people, and I had to go through the rigmarole. it was a good fare just past the airport to swabbies bar but on somber reflection I gave him a 2 star.

Last edited:

Fuzzyelvis

A good thing to remember also is that passengers with ratings that end on .0 or .5 are probably newer riders that don't have the benefit of a large sample size of ratings. Even one ornery driver could severely harm these riders' ratings.

Knowing this, I'd be much more inclined to pick up a passenger whose rating is 3.0, as opposed to a passenger whose rating is, say, 3.48.
Yeah I have picked up a 2 who was fine AND tipped. Every 4.6 has been a pain in the arse.

3.48 means run like hell. Lol. But I don't get those here. They are rounded up to 4.5.

Fuzzyelvis

I give 1's all the time and have received no comment or feedback from Uber. I've given 3-5 (1*) per week for the last year for everything from:
1. A guy jumping into the front seat after I specifically told him to sit in the back.
2. A business guy threatening me by suggesting he sends Uber a nasty gram all the time on drivers who don't follow his instructions
3. Constantly cursing, whether we are having a conversation, two or more people are conversing, or while a pax is on the phone
4. One lady wanted to sit in traffic for 40 minutes when an alternate route would have saved 30 minutes because she thinks Uber drivers are trying to pad the miles
5. While I call a pax and introduce myself they cut me off rudely and ask "Where are you?" without saying Hi or answering my initial question(s)
...to name a few

I'm not a bit threatened by Uber reviewing the 1's I give out - just like I'm not worried about the emails I receive saying my acceptance rate is low.
1. I don't care where they sit but would kick them out if I told them sit in the back and they didn't.

2. Kick them out. Tell them to cancel. If they don't just take the 1 * and 1* them. Don't threaten me with that BS.

3. I don't care. I don't like loud but won't 1 * over it.

4. If I KNOW it's a bad way to go I will say so. If you insist then get out. I have told more than one pax at the beginning of a trip they can cancel and get another uber when they try to make me speed etc as they are running late. All so far have calmed their ass down. Thus is one reason I insist on a destination before moving.

5. Why would you even pick them up?

AJUber

Ok so revisiting this topic its 7-30-15 ...i just wanted to say i think everyone is doing a great job on rating lately. I see the pax who are 4.2-4.4 these are the short trip takers and non Tippers. So I just wanted to say good job Sacramento and keep rating these Pax according i do see a huge difference in my pay becuz i can ignore these Pax. So hopefully as a TEAM we are all doing better making more money .

AJUber

Also i have revisited the system that I Rate PAX at its very simple now. Saw this on another cities forum , been using it so adopted it. Here we go....

5☆ Anyone who Tips.
Any fare that over 12$.

2☆ Any fare under 12$

Thats it thats how simple it is . If you mark the short trip takers at 2☆ no questions are asked and you will never be paired with them again. Everything works out fast and simple. Been using this method and its been working. Well anyways just wanted to revisit this topic.

lovisone

The "you'll never be paired with them again" myth is untrue. I specifically asked uber this and they said there is no way to block passengers.

AJUber

Well in my experience and i do same areas all the time. I have never been paired with someone i have ranked 2 or 1....maybe just lucky

Sacto Burbs

Well in my experience and i do same areas all the time. I have never been paired with someone i have ranked 2 or 1....maybe just lucky
I'm almost never paired with the same pax. But I don't drive the same time and place every day.

Deeder

I don't think it's correct to give a pax a lower rate because their trip is short...they are a customer and it's not really their problem that Uber doesn't charge enough for these rides...a customer doesn't share this burden... Besides their next ride could be a long one...customer ratings are based on behavior for me...were they courteous and fair...as for tipping, most people don't so why would I penalize them for that?

AJUber

not everyone going to follow me , even though most do. I'm just telling you what I do ...I see your new ...you will change your mind with time.