Ryder Cup

Tonight through about noon tomorrow will be killer at the airport. The restaurants and shopping areas will be big in the west metro otherwise. Obviously near Hazeltine will be busy, but your prime rides will likely be at restaurants around lake Minnetonka, Eden Prairie, Edina, West end, Plymouth, etc. You can definitely expect some surge in the outer suburbs and even some long rides to downtown and back.

PTUber

I heard on the news that no cars will be allowed near the course that all spectators need to take the shuttles from Canterbury.

Mazda2Uber

I did a lot of airport pick ups over the weekend. A lot of people that were here for the Ryder Cup. Mostly people that work for companies that are sponsors. All of them we're going to hotels in Bloomington. So they weren't long rides but there's a lot of people flying in for this.

Mazda2Uber

I'm thinking about heading out to Chaska and some of the pick up area's in a little bit. Has anyone been out there yet? Getting any good rides? Or is it super complicated and no one knows where to go? LOL

Yesterday I picked up three golfers from the airport. So I'm definitely getting a lot of airport pick ups for this. First it was the corporate sponsors and now it's golfers.

Hilljacker

I'm thinking about heading out to Chaska and some of the pick up area's in a little bit. Has anyone been out there yet? Getting any good rides? Or is it super complicated and no one knows where to go? LOL

Yesterday I picked up three golfers from the airport. So I'm definitely getting a lot of airport pick ups for this. First it was the corporate sponsors and now it's golfers.

I had to go to Jordan today at 8:30am and the line of cars waiting to get off of 169 was at least a half mile long. Not sure how long it take to get from that exit to the drop off point but after seeing that, I would avoid taking someone there at least in the morning. Maybe there is another way in? I forgot what Uber's email told us to do.

Ozzyoz

Any thoughts on how this event may work out for us Uber drivers?
I ate well from it. I get off my day job at 4:30pm and head straight there. Hardly any traffic in my way as I drive 212 westm. Today iafe over 50 bucks from just 1 person. Seems like the super red hot area where its 4x is an area that people aren't allowed to be picked up from. I only live for driving in surge these days. If it ain't even surging don't bother unless you want pocket change is my moto. Usually the pickups are at the southwest transit stations and one of my pax told me this Saturday and Sunday is the actual real game. All of this is practice so this weekend be prepared to see huge spikes of surge.

Surge was pretty wild last night. I only drove from 7-9:30 but the entire west metro was lit up like a Christmas tree; pulled in about $70 in net fares and $25 in tips over 8 trips. 1 select, 2 xl, 5 x.

Mikejay

Sean did you stick next to the Rider Cup Area? I have been thinking about going down around those times but isn't it done by then?

Mikejay

Oh nice. I have been trying to get pings when I start from my apartment in Bloomington but nothing yet!

Diamond_Vision

Surge was pretty wild last night. I only drove from 7-9:30 but the entire west metro was lit up like a Christmas tree; pulled in about $70 in net fares and $25 in tips over 8 trips. 1 select, 2 xl, 5 x.
Airport was 2x surge. I was 15 mins away and getting pinged to the airport.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 43