"Ryan is driving" fired from uber.

Patrick R Oboyle

Really sad day.

He was one of my favorite youtubers to watch. He really showed the fun side (mostly) pf driving for uber...at night.

I didnt know uber changed its policy sonthat you cant post recorded videos of pax on the internet... Really sucks.

Love watching those crazy wtf uber moments.

He was tetting really good at video editing too.

I wonder though how they found out WHO he is to be able to deactivate him?

He says they initally contacted him thru youtube tpnrequest that he remove the videos. He said no... They let him go.
Sooo? Howd they learn what his uber account is? Kinda spooky

treesweets dancer

Really sad day.

He was one of my favorite youtubers to watch. He really showed the fun side (mostly) pf driving for uber...at night.

I didnt know uber changed its policy sonthat you cant post recorded videos of pax on the internet... Really sucks.

Love watching those crazy wtf uber moments.

He was tetting really good at video editing too.

I wonder though how they found out WHO he is to be able to deactivate him?

He says they initally contacted him thru youtube tpnrequest that he remove the videos. He said no... They let him go.
Sooo? Howd they learn what his uber account is? Kinda spooky
How does the app know it's you when it takes a selfie verification? A clue?

I don't think it's difficult, unless his videos didn't have his face in it. I've never seen them. If not, then it's maybe spooky. If so, then....not difficult.

Was someone really posting video of people in their rides without their consent? That's sorta, like, wrong or something. Glad it didn't happen to me. I don't use rideshare, but if I did.....

Maybe he asked them all though. I'm not trying to enflame any fans. Just opinionating my opines on the webernet.

Patrick R Oboyle

How does the app know it's you when it takes a selfie verification? A clue?

I don't think it's difficult, unless his videos didn't have his face in it. I've never seen them. If not, then it's maybe spooky. If so, then....not difficult.

Was someone really posting video of people in their rides without their consent? That's sorta, like, wrong or something. Glad it didn't happen to me. I don't use rideshare, but if I did.....

Maybe he asked them all though. I'm not trying to enflame any fans. Just opinionating my opines on the webernet.

Good point.. Hadnt that about the facial recgoniztion software.

Ya.. He apperntly got consent from every pax he showed in a video. His videos really showed the good and fun side of ubering.

With the exception of his first video.....which went viral and helped launch the whole sub genre of
"____ is driving" uber youtubers

treesweets dancer

Good point.. Hadnt that about the facial recgoniztion software.

Ya.. He apperntly got consent from every pax he showed in a video. His videos really showed the good and fun side of ubering.

With the exception of his first video.....which went viral and helped launch the whole sub genre of
"____ is driving" uber youtubers
That is sad. Doesn't Uber know those videos are good PR for them. I guess they don't know he had consent nor would want the trouble of checking. One of the myriad ways, aside from the economics, that the corporatacracy is sucking all joy & meaning from life on Earth.

Patrick R Oboyle

100% Uber trying to avoid another lawsuit. Example would be: Woman gets into car with man, husband sees it on youtube, man files for divorce, woman sues the driver and Uber. This country is ultra-sensitive to everything.

Soooo true. Its gotten to where comedians cant even tell a joke that... Makes fun of ....fat people, black people, white people, gays, ...clothing, food, cats..... Ect... Without some group getting offended and forcing the person to.... Publicly aplogize for there sarcastic joke.

Guys... LIGHTEN THE FXXXX UP!!!

Thats why i love daniel tosh so much. The dudes not afraid to offend the heck out of you...and he dosnt ever aplogize about it!

Reactions: DDW

Ian Richard Markham

It is completely not true that Ryan received permission from these riders. Give me a break! It’s like you people went to professional lying school. That’s why Uber hates you and sends you on crappy trips all the time. PS the Uber app collects data from the cookies that UP.net and youtube implant so it’s even simpler than facial recognition. Uber knows who each and every one of you are and has mapped your UP.net handle with your real name and Uber profile. No doubt.

Patrick R Oboyle

It is completely not true that Ryan received permission from these riders. Give me a break! It’s like you people went to professional lying school. That’s why Uber hates you and sends you on crappy trips all the time. PS the Uber app collects data from the cookies that UP.net and youtube implant so it’s even simpler than facial recognition. Uber knows who each and every one of you are and has mapped your UP.net handle with your real name and Uber profile. No doubt.

Erhm.. Did you ever watch his videos?
If so.. Im guess you didnt watch till the end. I recall at the end of every video he would have a small clip showing him
ASKING permission and then you could hear the pax say "yes" or "sure" or.."omg imma be youtube famous now!!!!"

Sooo many of his videos would end like that.

The only one i recall seeing that didnt show im getting permission was the 1st one he posted that went viral of the very bad pax.

Please lay off...whatever drugs your taking. Its making you parranoid.
Do you have proove the uber driver app os collecting data from the cookies on a seperate app its not connected to and as not been given permission to access? Cause if so... That an invasion of privacy. Its not in the contract that we agreed to them collectinf cookie data from our browser. We can sue the heck out of them!

As far as crappy rides... Your really drunk on the kool aid there buddy :p
I have a great time everytime i go out. No crappy rides for me. Only good times and fun pax. Cause i have a good time with all my pax :biggrin: make income im happy wth and generally have a great time every night i go out.

And yes.. I pick up the drunks. There funny as hell!! :biggrin:

Last edited:

itsablackmarket

Believe me, if Uber wants to find out who you are, they can, very easily. You don't think they have connects at YouTube, Google, all major ISP's, and even federal intelligence agency sources? They don't even need to go to that extent. A passenger could have identified themselves on one of the videos and ratted out the driver. Uber is also completely immune to any legal action by the driver, because their lawyers are better, the media is on their side, money talks, they are elite, etc. Enjoy that fact.

Post automatically merged:

But honestly, you shouldn't be recording your passengers anyway. One less idiot driver is a win in my book.

Last edited: