• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Rush Hour Traffic

Harold Shand

I don’t speak for all PH drivers. I’m speaking for myself and other PH drivers who have been in this game for years. Heathrow to LCY, anyone with experience can do it. And the only advantage you have is the bus lanes. Simple as.
The difference is an uber driver must follow the satnav closely, too much deviation can result in a refund, or a complaint, or should the flight be missed, a deactivation if the satnav wasnt followed. A taxi driver can just go the best and most efficient way, and has an infinite number of choices that an uber would simply not even think of. Simple as.

UberLuxbod

The difference is an uber driver must follow the satnav closely, too much deviation can result in a refund, or a complaint, or should the flight be missed, a deactivation if the satnav wasnt followed. A taxi driver can just go the best and most efficient way, and has an infinite number of choices that an uber would simply not even think of. Simple as.
A deactivation if you don't follow the SatNav?

What a load of rubbish

I think what Shane is trying to say is book through a local cab company not uber. That way guaranteed car and because they let driver know beforehand drop off point, driver knows if going through cc zone or not. So highly unlikely of driver cancelation.
I think you might want to read a few minicab offices reviews online to confirm just how wrong you are.

As mentioned the safest and most secure route is to take a black taxi and yes you do get what you pay for.......in anything in life that's true.

Taking a minicab from your local office is by no means guaranteed to not be 1 hour late or cancelled or 'broken down' etc etc

Also the standard of minicab drivers in the offices are dreadful comparative to what they once were and I always told family & friends to support minicab offices over uber always, but no more.......black taxi all the way or throw on a stab vest and spit hood and chance it on public transport.
Post automatically merged:

Bus lanes will be the only advantage.
LOL

-JR-

I think you might want to read a few minicab offices reviews online to confirm just how wrong you are.

As mentioned the safest and most secure route is to take a black taxi and yes you do get what you pay for.......in anything in life that's true.

Taking a minicab from your local office is by no means guaranteed to not be 1 hour late or cancelled or 'broken down' etc etc

Also the standard of minicab drivers in the offices are dreadful comparative to what they once were and I always told family & friends to support minicab offices over uber always, but no more.......black taxi all the way or throw on a stab vest and spit hood and chance it on public transport.

LOL
It's not uncommon for local offices to despatch an Uber.

They charge the client proper money and an office bod uses their personal Uber account to fulfill the request.

Then pocket the considerable difference.

Uber don't care.

When I've come across these jobs, I either inform the passenger and provide THEM with proof of ACTUAL cost....

...Or simply cancel as soon as the added exploitation becomes apparent.

charlton paul

You, sir, are obviously an amateur - you have no clue about your competition

Harold Shand

You, sir, are obviously an amateur - you have no clue about your competition
Lol I've forgotten more about transporting the public around than you'll ever know. As for my competition, you don't even know what team I'm on. But I appreciate you calling me Sir, I like a man who knows his position in life.

It's not uncommon for local offices to despatch an Uber.

They charge the client proper money and an office bod uses their personal Uber account to fulfill the request.

Then pocket the considerable difference.

Uber don't care.

When I've come across these jobs, I either inform the passenger and provide THEM with proof of ACTUAL cost....

...Or simply cancel as soon as the added exploitation becomes apparent.
Wow.
I had heard for sure that had happened, but I just can't wrap my head round how that could work.

specially with so many drivers not speaking English close to what a 5 year old could......but I take you word for it.

I am curious how often this is going on to be truthful.

Would of thought they would just merge or close the office if they struggle to cover work.

Harold Shand

I wouldn't be an arrogant prick and quote "whole forum" - but, I know what a person you are - a wrong un
Tut tut. Such language on a public forum. Didn't your parents tell you how to behave in public ? Shocking.

Especially with that prick 'arold navigating thru' the bus lanes - lol
This is why you keep getting banned. You have a naughty little mouth you can't control lol

charlton paul

Tut tut. Such language on a public forum. Didn't your parents tell you how to behave in public ? Shocking.

This is why you keep getting banned. You have a naughty little mouth you can't control lol
"keep getting banned" last time ? - soppy div spouting shite - you navigate them bus lanes LHR - LCY, lol

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
toiuber Seattle 68
FLKeys Miami 5
D Denver 7