Runyon Canyon park is open again: beware of sweaty smelly Pax

RacerX

Hey Y'all,

Just in case you don't know or are new. Runyon canyon Park has reopened. Ok, so what does this mean? well, first off it's a very popular hike and many people have been choosing Uber/lyft to get to the trail head. Uber even offered a promotion this weekend for people going there. The main trail head is accessed at the end of N. Fuller Ave near Hollywood. Dropping people off isn't really the problem unless you get caught in traffic (narrow street w No parking) but picking them up can be.

Most pax that you pick up will be all hot & sweaty and some very very stinky. Some of you degenerates may like this but I don't. If you are like me and like to reduce the odds of picking up very sweaty stinky people than avoid "pings" that come from N. fuller road. Most often pax will not be at trailhead and you will have to wait on street. I made this mistake last year on a surging Pool ride and picked up two very sweaty and smelly guys. the first thing they said when they got in car was "can we have some water". when i said I don't have any they threw a tizzy fit and wanted to make a trip to a store. I informed them they where on Pool and I could not make another stop as I had another pax in car. They got out on Hollywood blvd but I know I took a rating hit.

be warned if you get a ping from here:
runyon_canyon_park.png

Joe123456

Hey Y'all,

Just in case you don't know or are new. Runyon canyon Park has reopened. Ok, so what does this mean? well, first off it's a very popular hike and many people have been choosing Uber/lyft to get to the trail head. Uber even offered a promotion this weekend for people going there. The main trail head is accessed at the end of N. Fuller Ave near Hollywood. Dropping people off isn't really the problem unless you get caught in traffic (narrow street w No parking) but picking them up can be.

Most pax that you pick up will be all hot & sweaty and some very very stinky. Some of you degenerates may like this but I don't. If you are like me and like to reduce the odds of picking up very sweaty stinky people than avoid "pings" that come from N. fuller road. Most often pax will not be at trailhead and you will have to wait on street. I made this mistake last year on a surging Pool ride and picked up two very sweaty and smelly guys. the first thing they said when they got in car was "can we have some water". when i said I don't have any they threw a tizzy fit and wanted to make a trip to a store. I informed them they where on Pool and I could not make another stop as I had another pax in car. They got out on Hollywood blvd but I know I took a rating hit.

be warned if you get a ping from here: View attachment 53450
Thanks

Citronbull

Picked up these kids after the Flume event at the Shrine. The homeless guy asking for money asked me to roll up my windows (^_-)

GearJammer

Good data, back when I first started I actually met my ex girlfriend on one of these trips. If you are into fit, attractive low maintenance girls (many Asians too) this is actually a good opportunity for that.